Local Cosplayers Meet-up

Started by zeroelement, May 07, 2011, 08:58:09 PM

zeroelement

Hello i wanted to try and start a meet-up of people who are local or near by to San Jose. I myself live in Fremont (10-14 min drive from convention). I'm personally am a nice guy and get along with everyone i just have a bad habit of not being able to find new friends. So thinking i'm not the only one I wanted to start a topic about possible starting a gathering or meet-up were people who cosplay or like anime/manga (convention goers) can meet up and possibly join local cosplay groups or even start one. So in general i would say this is a cosplayers meet up and make new friends by knowing people there also want to make new friends. like a new friend blind date were you become friends!

So yea if people like this ill try and make a date and time and place were people can hang out

^_^

-just added- Also other cosplayer groups near by can post your name here with contact info if you want more people to join and what yall cosplay.
Also people looking for local (to fanime area) people can post that they want to here. like...

ZeroElement (Fremont) Cosplays Bleach (ichigo hollow mask) , host club (nekozawa), soul eater(free).  Looking for cosplay group (currently making new cosplays)

Cosplay group BLABLA (<--name there) Looking for (Area you mostly meet up in say SF or SJ and cosplay)

(baaa hope this post works out XD)
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

zeroelement

redroses3164

While I'm not necessarily looking for a cosplay group, I'm always looking for cosplay friends!

I'm actually in the same city as you. Which area are you in?

zeroelement

Im in the warm-springs area very close to Milpitas
As far as i know there arent any groups near here or im looken for one XD

redroses3164

Oh well I'm open to meet up fellow cosplayers with or without a group anyway~ I'm closer to the Union City/Newark side of the area.

zeroelement

meeting up with fellow cosplayers rocks lol trying to find people to hang out with that stuff so thought of finding a group or just people XD thus this thread

Rhornez

I live in Oakland, not sure if im far or not

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Disastorm

Hey I know there are various cosplay gatherings throughout the year in the bay area that are usually posted on cosplay.com.  However, if you guys end up meeting up, I'm not too far either.  Fanime is coming up, that may be a good opportunity to meet up, as well.

zeroelement

Quote from: Disastorm on May 17, 2011, 02:23:00 AM
Hey I know there are various cosplay gatherings throughout the year in the bay area that are usually posted on cosplay.com.  However, if you guys end up meeting up, I'm not too far either.  Fanime is coming up, that may be a good opportunity to meet up, as well.
Thus the topic of this thread XD

Disastorm

ah i see, well thats a good idea then.

zeroelement

but its failing BIG time lol

redroses3164

@Rhornez: Oakland isn't too far off from Fremont. It's about 15-20 minutes on 880 depending on traffic.

@zeroelement: Well, if you do want to meet people, usually you set a time/place and then people go (like the cosplay.com ones). I went to the picnic norcal gathering that was held in SJ because of the thread on coscom.

zeroelement

Quote from: redroses3164 on May 18, 2011, 02:21:47 PM
@Rhornez: Oakland isn't too far off from Fremont. It's about 15-20 minutes on 880 depending on traffic.

@zeroelement: Well, if you do want to meet people, usually you set a time/place and then people go (like the cosplay.com ones). I went to the picnic norcal gathering that was held in SJ because of the thread on coscom.

yea just trying to get people to say their willing XD
And any suggestions on a time. I would say Saturday around 2-3pm?