GRAB BAGS

Started by zeroelement, May 07, 2011, 10:57:00 PM

D oh

Screw grab bags. I got one and one of the item was opened. lol

According to this thread the only one that is worth getting is the Yaoi-Con one.

zeroelement

Quote from: D oh on May 28, 2011, 08:11:07 PM
Screw grab bags. I got one and one of the item was opened. lol

According to this thread the only one that is worth getting is the Yaoi-Con one.
open falls into the category of broken (open broken damaged)
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

frumpy

doesn't anime palace have grab bags? i bought one a few years ago and found some *decent* stuff....
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

pinkcat1199

I got a grab bag from Anime Palace yesterday. It had a plushy from Vampire Knight, an Angel Sanctuary clock, a very small Gloomy bear figure, and also a tiny unknown figure. So it wasn't bad...I do love Vampire knight

Persona

I got a VK grab bag from Lolita Kisama on Friday -- there was a totally weird Ed Hardy-ish cap on top so we thought it was filled with just crap but it also came with prayer beads, a black tie with red skulls, a blue afghan with black skulls, and a small messenger bag, so while I didn't get anything I actually wanted, it wasn't a bad deal.

bvblack

I think it just depends on where your buying it from.
I have gotten some really good stuff once, and
yes another time gotten some shitty stuff.
It's anime gambling!

mdarkpoet

I've never and will never buy a grab back from any dealer at the con or anywhere else. If I see them I laugh and quickly walk away. Not only will you 99% of the time never get what you want (but still pay about the same price) but there is also a HIGH chance of getting damaged, shady, and rip-off items.

If I can give advice to anyone who attends the con, it is do not EVER buy a grab bag. Ever. From anyone. No matter what.

kohana ichibana

If I remember correctly, from my grab bag in '10 I got a FLCL barbie thing of Haruko but it looks kinda creepy to me and I'm still trying to sell it D:
an XXL shirt of Digicharat :/ I'm 114lbs adult smalls are sometimes too large for me even if I'm 21. A key chain from advent children, Loz, I watched it but I'm not a fan of Loz.  I forgot the rest. Overall, I gained nothing.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Miyu_Mya

Aww...I've never seem to be able to get anything good in a grab bag; maybe once from Lokisa. We once got a grab bag from one of the Manga vendors and everyone of them were either in Japanese or Chinese Characters.  :(. Worst part, they were Mangas I've never heard of.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Loktera^2

I personally love the grab bag Items.
My Fiance asked me "What's a Grab-bag?" My reply "F-ing Amazing! Weird S__t everywhere.!"

I wasn't disappointed in the least.

Our Haul:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

crystalsoul

my friend bought one last con from some vendor.

he got :
*a t-shirt which was super small
*a couple keychains
*and one of those small boxes with a figure inside

i forget what shirt it was but overall he said it was not worth it