MANime! - A Celebration of MAN in ANIME!

Started by Bananarama, May 08, 2011, 04:34:11 PM

Bananarama

Alright you pipsqueaks, listen up!

Tired of anime that doesn't get your blood boiling?
Do you think facial hair is an essential part of being a MAN?
Hate Moe?

Then come to MANIME! the only panel GAR enough to make your chest hairs erect for days. A celebration for all things MANLY in anime, we'll cover the whole pectoral muscle of MAN such as:

-The history of MAN in anime
-Who was the first MAN in anime?
-Which MANLY anime to watch
-The most MANLY moments
-The least MANLY moments
-How to be a MAN in anime

And we'll even have a MANLY game where you can win MANLY prizes!

So come to MANIME! - A Celebration of MAN in Anime!

Time: Friday 5:00PM

DivineVTDragon

Fazio

True Fuschnick

Puns notwithstanding, I am liking this idea.

Glitch

I really wanna go to this panel. I might miss the first half hour due to conflicting events, but I will definitely show up for the final half in all the beer drinking, scratching in public, and punch in the face glory!!

sugarpunch18

I would go but am afraid that the testosterone-charged air may give me facial hair! D:
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
~Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
~Bloody!Kevin (Welcome to Night Vale)
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)

virilevocalist

Warning: Women standing within 10 feet of panel may become pregnant. Instantly.   

The Pokemon Men (you may have seen them on Kotaku, from coverage from Anime Los Angeles) will be at the con. Somehow, I think this panel speaks to what they're all about hahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0d6-VMINeA
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

virilevocalist

So this panel was really awesome. I hope to see it next year.

Bananarama

Quote from: virilevocalist on June 03, 2011, 10:04:18 AM
So this panel was really awesome. I hope to see it next year.

Hello virilevocalist!

Thanks a ton for attending the panel. As for plans for next year, it's a possibility we may do this again with different content. It depends on what we can come up with. We are glad you enjoyed the panel.

-Bananarama

Also, if anyone has pictures or anything of the panel please send me a message or post here.

Glitch

Yes, I hope somebody has video of this since I wasn't able to attend.

summerchristmas838

jfdsl;afsd I really wanted to attend
but the lack of schedules left me confused and by the time I came by to check it was already over ;-;

JBridge

Damn that was an awesome panel. Does anyone have the powerpoint or the intro video? Either one would be appreciated and would probably cause me to grow chest hair just by watching them.

Bananarama

Greetings...anyone still visiting this forum months after Fanime is over...

We will be hosting MANime! at Kinyoobi-con August 5th, 2011 which is on a Friday. It will be pretty much the same panel with a few tweaks here and there. So if you missed out on the panel at Fanime and are going to Kinyoobi-Con, come check us out.

MANime! @ Kinyoobi-Con
August 5th, 2011
5PM - 6PM

Address for Kinyoobi-Con (support the small cons!):
25555 Hesperian Boulevard
Hayward, California 94545

virilevocalist

Nanashi

No. MANime will not be seen. It will be experienced. A raw, visceral experience, that will take your mind...nay, your very soul, on a journey into nirvana.

Imagine, if you will, cresting the peak if a mountain on the first morning of spring, just as the sun leaves it's cradle. Imagine suckling upon the fresh dew that condensed on the newborn grass sprouts, as you cast your gaze across the realm of man. Imagine that, within that gaze, you saw all of man. Their struggles, their triumphs, and the great drama that is mankind...all within the scope of a pair of unblinking eyes. Imagine closing your eyes, and leaping from the precipice of that mountain, and the sensation of falling through the crisp, cold air. Moments before impact, a roaring dragon locked in mortal combat with a state-of-the-art F-22 fighter jet swoops to your rescue, scooping you up into it's mighty claws, and whispering in it's thunderous baritone that you will live to see the end of this day. Before it can make good on this promise, however, you sense another. Upon the back of the fighter jet is a man, hardened and grizzled with the wear and tear of a thousand battles. Your eyes meet; You know what you must do. You leap from the safety of the dragon's claw, onto the back of the fighter jet, and engage the man in fisticuffs as Queen's "Princes of the Universe" begins to blare in your ears. Your heart pounds, your body screams, and suddenly the jet, along with you and your rival, explodes into a ball of flaming wreckage as the dragon's flaming breath envelopes it. All seems lost, until you burst free from the wreckage upon a motorcycle, completely unscathed. Upon returning home you are heralded as a hero. Assured that your legend will live on forever, you ride into the sunset, never to be seen again...

Now, I ask you, imagine that is only the second greatest thing to happen in your life.

MANIME 2: THE LEGEND OF THE GOLDEN SKULL
COMING TO AN ANIME CONVENTION NEAR YOU
SUMMER 2012
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Admiral Donuts

It's your one-way ticket to midnight
CALL IT
HEAVY METAL

I'm so there.