What are the times for Music Fest?

Started by marisuga, May 10, 2011, 07:13:52 PM

marisuga

I was just wondering what the times for Music Fest are... Also, how does it work? Do you just sit down and watch all the performers or do you pick and choose which ones you want to see?

If this information isn't  out yet I understand ^^

jemz

The schedule for MusicFest is currently being finalized.

As for how MusicFest works, you just go to the Civic (after leaving your camera in your hotel room/car), find a seat, and enjoy the performances put on by our Musical Guests of Honor.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

.::midnight.maiden::.

I always find the camera thing difficult on me =.=lll

I am a local so I get dropped off for the entire day, and take my camera for cosplay photos...but then DUN DUN DUNNN. MF announces for all concerts "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED". xP Last year I trusted a stranger to keep my camera in her hotel room for LM.C. Luckily it was a nice stranger and I got my camera back.

Anyway, I'm also hoping the MF schedule comes out soon so I can plan on being one of the first people in line hehehe.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

TofuHopper

xp I will be staying at my brothers place way across town this year so the camera situation will be difficult for me too! Hopefully I can find someone to hold my camera for me x_X My camera is my life <3

Acid_Android

I'm actually working to get the photography policies from each of the artists.  We only go by what they want, so as soon as I find out what's acceptable during the concert, Q&A Panels, etc., we'll let all of you know. 

The one thing for sure: no video!!!
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

cottoncandymuffin

@midnight.maiden: yeah that was terrible for them to announce that when people were lining up...hopefully they'll just let us keep it in our bags instead of having to keep it outside the civic center.

jemz

Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on May 17, 2011, 09:13:16 PM
@midnight.maiden: yeah that was terrible for them to announce that when people were lining up...hopefully they'll just let us keep it in our bags instead of having to keep it outside the civic center.

The no camera at the MusicFest concert has been standard policy for the last several years for most of our MusicFest Guests of Honor.

It tends to be up to the artist's choice at their Autograph Session and their Q&A Panel.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

GokuMew2

You still find videos floating around YouTube and such though. =\
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

M

Quote from: GokuMew2 on May 23, 2011, 09:49:41 PM
Officially, we do not allow it and will make attempts to prevent recordings from happening. Unfortunately, there are people that we don't catch.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: GokuMew2 on May 23, 2011, 09:49:41 PM

Very simple reason for this: camera phones.

Staff can confiscate cameras or refuse you entry with a camera, but they can't really do that with a cell phone, even if it has a camera function, for safety purposes. Therefore, people are most likely using those. That's my guess anyways.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ewu

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 24, 2011, 09:20:41 AM
...but they can't really do that with a cell phone, even if it has a camera function....

we can, it would just be totally not cool:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

FanFicGuru

Quote from: ewu on May 24, 2011, 09:24:05 AM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 24, 2011, 09:20:41 AM
...but they can't really do that with a cell phone, even if it has a camera function....

we can, it would just be totally not cool:)

Not to mention a logistical nightmare. lol. Shouting down the line "IF YOU HAVE A CELL PHONE WITH A CAMERA FUNCTION YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN" and instantly watching the entire line scramble across the street to their respective hotels. That would actually be pretty funny.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ewu

I'd have MY camera phone ready.....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom