2011 Registration Hours and At-Con Badge Prices

Started by Sen, May 16, 2011, 12:27:06 AM

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Tomgrla on May 23, 2011, 05:42:43 PM
Today I found out that my only parent is leaving for the weekend at 6:30 am thursday and im a minor with out a government issued I.D and I feel very skr*wed at the mement T.T. i already bought to ticket online and everything so its pre registration. Any advice?
You'd have to e-mail registration. o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

kookiekween99

Quote from: Tomgrla on May 23, 2011, 05:42:43 PM
Today I found out that my only parent is leaving for the weekend at 6:30 am thursday and im a minor with out a government issued I.D and I feel very skr*wed at the mement T.T. i already bought to ticket online and everything so its pre registration. Any advice?

Email [email protected]. They might be able to help you sort things out.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Kyra_Maverick

I think if you can get another adult family member to fill in that should be ok. It doesn't necessarily have to be your parent, just someone to take responsibility for you.

TofuHopper

I decided to take my niece and nephew this year since they are super excited about seeing their first cosplayers ever, they are both under 10 since I'm 22 it is okay for me to take them without their mom? or do I need her to fill something out? and what should I bring along for the kids(ID wise)

answer would be much much appreciated <3

Sen

Just wanted to say that staff have already started showing up in San Jose to get everything ready! E-mail responses from the Reg department may be slower than usual.

Yes they have your badges. They're pretty neat this year. ;)
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

SOawesomeness

Quote from: TofuHopper on May 24, 2011, 12:29:39 AM
I decided to take my niece and nephew this year since they are super excited about seeing their first cosplayers ever, they are both under 10 since I'm 22 it is okay for me to take them without their mom? or do I need her to fill something out? and what should I bring along for the kids(ID wise)

answer would be much much appreciated <3
You can e-mail reg for this information. (: Though do it soon.

Due to the increasing volume of e-mails and busy staff members, as Sen says, e-mail responses may get very slow.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

obliviousedward

Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

kookiekween99

Quote from: Sen on May 25, 2011, 01:09:47 PMYes they have your badges. They're pretty neat this year. ;)

Are they 3D/Glow-in-the-dark? 8D

Sen

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 25, 2011, 04:48:42 PM
Quote from: Sen on May 25, 2011, 01:09:47 PMYes they have your badges. They're pretty neat this year. ;)

Even better. The time dimension is included too so now they are 4-D. We also have a piece of the all-spark in the Reg vault so we touched each badge so it so that on command your badges will transform in to little bunny rabbits that hop around and grow up due to the time dimension.  It's year of the rabbit after all!! ;D

Obviously I'm kidding but you will see the badges soon. We're actually pretty excited about them this year and hope you'll them.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

kookiekween99

Quote from: Sen on May 25, 2011, 04:54:34 PM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 25, 2011, 04:48:42 PM

Even better. The time dimension is included too so now they are 4-D. We also have a piece of the all-spark in the Reg vault so we touched each badge so it so that on command your badges will transform in to little bunny rabbits that hop around and grow up due to the time dimension.  It's year of the rabbit after all!! ;D

Obviously I'm kidding but you will see the badges soon. We're actually pretty excited about them this year and hope you'll them.

Darn. I was totally hoping for that time dimension thing. :p

I will see my badge on Friday. Can't wait!

EDIT: Oh yeah, about how long is the Pre-reg line around noon?

Sen

^It's really difficult to say because it depends on when people will arrive. I don't think it will be too bad on Friday at that time though. But don't take my word for it.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

yesl

Hey, I kind of confused here. I plan to go on Saturday, could I buy the membership ahead of time on Friday? Thanks! :)

Kyra_Maverick

If you buy a full weekend pass you can pay and pick up your badge on Friday and then stroll right in on Saturday.

yesl

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 26, 2011, 10:40:39 AM
If you buy a full weekend pass you can pay and pick up your badge on Friday and then stroll right in on Saturday.

Hi, you were answering my question right? What if I just wanna buy the membership for a day, which is Saturday? Could I buy it on Friday instead of Saturday?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: yesl on May 26, 2011, 12:00:16 PM
Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 26, 2011, 10:40:39 AM

Hi, you were answering my question right? What if I just wanna buy the membership for a day, which is Saturday? Could I buy it on Friday instead of Saturday?

No. You can only buy day registrations on that day. Friday for Friday, Saturday for Saturday, etc. You can't buy a Saturday pass on Friday, or  Sunday pass on Saturday.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Anicofe

I did pre-reg for my badges, but for pick-up, would it be okay if I use an old passport for my ID? I don't have anything else more up-to-date or a government ID/driver's license. I do have the card that was used to pay for the ticket and my school ID if need be.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Anicofe on May 26, 2011, 04:00:24 PM
I did pre-reg for my badges, but for pick-up, would it be okay if I use an old passport for my ID? I don't have anything else more up-to-date or a government ID/driver's license. I do have the card that was used to pay for the ticket and my school ID if need be.

An expired passport should be fine. Again, registration people aren't heartless, and by bringing that in you're showing the effort of at least trying to provide a government issued ID. :)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SOawesomeness

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 26, 2011, 04:03:25 PM

An expired passport should be fine. Again, registration people aren't heartless, and by bringing that in you're showing the effort of at least trying to provide a government issued ID. :)
We will not accept any expired ID unless we've given you an explicit exception by e-mail.

Seriously if you have doubts, bring your parents.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Anicofe

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 26, 2011, 04:08:10 PM

We will not accept any expired ID unless we've given you an explicit exception by e-mail.

My parents will be with me, but what exactly should they do? I'm 18 and I'm the one who did all the con-registration.

[Edit] What about a birth certificate? Would that work?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Anicofe on May 26, 2011, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 26, 2011, 04:08:10 PM

My parents will be with me, but what exactly should they do? I'm 18 and I'm the one who did all the con-registration.

[Edit] What about a birth certificate? Would that work?
Oh, if your parents are going to be with you, then as long as they have a valid government issued photo ID, then you don't need one.

Birth Certificates don't work.

FANIME FAQ: http://www.fanime.com/registration-faq/
Ellie S.
Head of Registration