Fanimecon '12 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by kaizoku, May 16, 2011, 02:18:17 AM

kaizoku

I would love to see the Hatsune Miku concert come to the Bay Area.

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/26112/Hatsune+Miku+Concert+in+Los+Angeles.html#comment-863974

Mod edit: made into MF suggestions thread....cuz it...kinda is MF:P

HunterZero

Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

PyronIkari

Quote from: HunterZero on May 16, 2011, 02:19:32 PM
THE PILLOWS, DAMNIT.

Dude... they play in San Francisco nearly every year. GO TO ONE OF THEIR CONCERTS.

zeroelement

Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

HunterZero

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 16, 2011, 08:48:33 PM
Dude... they play in San Francisco nearly every year. GO TO ONE OF THEIR CONCERTS.

I do.

AND YET, I CRAVE MORE
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

cottoncandymuffin

Kaycea

Quote from: HunterZero on May 16, 2011, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 16, 2011, 08:48:33 PM

I do.

AND YET, I CRAVE MORE
LOL....You need to get that "fix" huh?
I would personally like to see a K-pop group or artist just to mix things up a bit. I'd would be nice to get "Brown Eyed Girls" for example but that's just one name i'm throwing out there ;)
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

cottoncandymuffin

kpop groups would be awesome, but this is an anime convention, so I don't think that'll work out :\

Acid_Android

Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on May 18, 2011, 08:02:20 AM
kpop groups would be awesome, but this is an anime convention, so I don't think that'll work out :\

If they're relevant to Japanese pop culture, it's possible~

MF has hosted artists/bands who have had absolutely no connection to anime (thinking back to con years 2003-2007), and the audiences have enjoyed them regardless.

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Mantaray3000

I want either the beautiful Maaya Sakamoto to come and perform to the Bay Area or the lovely Lia.

PyronIkari

On a serious point, a music guest that would actually be really good to have is Yui. I'm not the biggest fan of hers but she is a really good performer and has more than her fair share of anime songs.

Armored-Heart

Seconding Maaya Sakamoto <3

And I'll also suggest Arashi. Hey, nobody's mentioned in the thread that it had to be possible. :B
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Kaycea

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 19, 2011, 02:01:42 PM
On a serious point, a music guest that would actually be really good to have is Yui. I'm not the biggest fan of hers but she is a really good performer and has more than her fair share of anime songs.

Niiice, I second that. I don't adamantly listen to her, but the few albums I've listened to were pretty good.
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

DrayneO

Quote from: zeroelement on May 16, 2011, 08:53:21 PM
genki sudo
seconding this so hard. it seems like it would be hard but it would be amazing

a really good possibility, though, is to bring mydjsobad out to have them do a show on friday or saturday night next year.

http://www.mydjsobad.com

they do a show called "Hardcore Synergy" every year at anime central with popular j-core artists like NO+CHIN and m-project. this year they even had kors k (from beatmania iidx and other bemani titles) come out and perform. it's an amazing show. mydjsobad had a booth at fanime 2010 selling cds and such. i'm not sure if eddie said that he got a booth for mydjsobad this year, but i hope so!

PyronIkari

Quote from: DrayneO on May 24, 2011, 01:10:17 AM
genki sudo

a really good possibility, though, is to bring mydjsobad out to have them do a show on friday or saturday night next year.

they do a show called "Hardcore Synergy" every year at anime central with popular j-core artists like NO+CHIN and m-project. this year they even had kors k (from beatmania iidx and other bemani titles) come out and perform. it's an amazing show. mydjsobad had a booth at fanime 2010 selling cds and such. i'm not sure if eddie said that he got a booth for mydjsobad this year, but i hope so!

No booth this year, but he's coming. MyDjSoBad isn't the actual production of this, they're more just a contact with the DJs. But just to let you know in advance, suggesting them is kind of pointless. A lot of staff are actually personal friends of Eddie's and talks have been thrown around here and there. It's nice to show support though, but staff knows of the existance and Eddie+Nick know of Fanime. So if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

DrayneO

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 24, 2011, 08:43:38 AM
Quote from: DrayneO on May 24, 2011, 01:10:17 AM
genki sudo

No booth this year, but he's coming. MyDjSoBad isn't the actual production of this, they're more just a contact with the DJs. But just to let you know in advance, suggesting them is kind of pointless. A lot of staff are actually personal friends of Eddie's and talks have been thrown around here and there. It's nice to show support though, but staff knows of the existance and Eddie+Nick know of Fanime. So if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

i know how it all works. i know eddie personally myself, also, via bemani and music gaming. i still hope and pray some day eddie can bring out the dudes for a show in norcal sometime, so i figured i'd plug it to show there's still a /lot/ of interest in seeing Hardcore Synergy Fanime Edition

GokuMew2

I'd like to see supercell with nagi on vocals.
I personally do not care much for Hatsune Miku.
Doesn't sound natural enough and too many high notes.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

zeroelement

genki sudo
This guy is an old MMA& UFC  (mix marital arts& ultimate fight champ) fighter retired turned to music and entertainment. His videos on youtube all have over 1million views. He has done events in New york and done events in the states so im betting he would be willing to come to fanime.
Hes new to the Japanese music and no other con to my knowledge has gotten him yet.

MindShift
Boy meets Girl
World order New York
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Veriitas

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
-Leonardo da Vinci

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: Acid_Android on May 18, 2011, 09:52:26 AM
Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on May 18, 2011, 08:02:20 AM

If they're relevant to Japanese pop culture, it's possible~

MF has hosted artists/bands who have had absolutely no connection to anime (thinking back to con years 2003-2007), and the audiences have enjoyed them regardless.

I was thinking of 2PM...their Japanese debut single, Take Off, is the first ending for Blue Exorcist/Ao no Exorcist. I have also noticed that Japan is going through a heavy Hallyu Wave at this moment :/

2PM I know HAS performed in SF as well as a few other US cities as the opener for the Wonder Girls (a girl kpop group). Two of the members I think know pretty good English...I know one was literally scouted in LA at the Korean Music Festival. :/ I suppose it's a start.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-