Fanimecon '12 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by kaizoku, May 16, 2011, 02:18:17 AM

Hibari_Fangirl

FanimeCon'13 - Kuroko Tetsuya, Kagamine Len (Punkish, Revamped!Alice Human Sacrifice, Prince), Rainbow Dash (Genderbend), Alois Trancy (Revamped)

ctrlzproductions.deviantart.com

https://www.hetchrome.deviantart.com
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hetch

Roguemagus

Asagilover

Fanime seriously needs to stop bringing back the same artists all the time. When I spend my money at a convention I like to see new artists everytime I go. It is alright if years down the line they want to bring them back but seriously bringing them back all the time. I don't see how people want to keep returning especially when they never announce anything ahead of time. Fanime needs to start looking up to Project A-kon in Dallas, Texas. They always know whats going on months and months in advance so it draws people in. They have already had their music concert artists up already for a long time now and they start the beginning of June and seriously Fanime completely nothing on whats going on. But anyways I would love to see these artists at Fanime:
*The visual kei artist "D" I swear Asagi's voice is so AMAZING!
*X-Japan
*The Gazette
*Mantenrou Opera
*Nightmare
*T.M. Revolution
*Dir en Grey 
*Uverworld
I have to say that 2004 Fanime was they best year for musical artists by bringing "Blood", "Duel Jewel" and "Nami Tamaki". But throughout the years there would be only one band or none that were good in my opinion with repeats. If I was going to have bands come back I would love to see: Blood, Duel Jewel, Nami Tamaki, ZZ, Kamijo from Lareine which is now in Versailles, Poplar,Karma Shenjing and D'espairs Ray which performed as a separate concert from Fanime but they had to disband because of the lead singers rare throat condition. :( Please Fanime all I ask is that you start being more prepared and knowing what artists, etc. is going to happen ahead of time like A-kon does, it helps a lot to make a decision on wanting to pre-register or not since there isn't any info to go on.

LadySnowBird

I would love to see Yuya Matsushita-san again.
If I listen all the bands I'd like to see below it would be two full pages.
=D

HotelGhost

MidnightPrincess94

Maskenlav

"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Kaori

You guys basically made my decade with Yuya, so thanks for that.

As for artists for this year, I would recommend Yuna Ito because she has an amazing voice, and she would be able to communicate with the fans and community easily due to her being from America in the first place.

Since I'm pretty much Yuya's biggest fan (self named), I doubt he'll make it to Fanime. According to his schedule, he'll be performing elsewhere during Fanime Q_Q
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Navashuryn

I would love to see my favorite twins, On/Off. They sing the opening songs for Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty, as well as one of the endings for Durarara!!, and the second opening for Beelzebub. I've been a big fan of them since long before they did any anime, though. :D

davidnguyen408

'm a big fan of Hatsune Miku, and I would love for her to perform at this year's FanimeCon

davidnguyen408

Teca

I would like to put in another vote for Kalafina. I would quite possibly camp out to just get the chance to see them.

Eku53ru

I would love to see Rie fu live--she's sung a handful of anime openings/endings (Bleach, Gundam Seed Destiny, Darker than Black, D.Gray-man, and most recently, Hourou Musuko/Wandering Son), and she speaks fluent English (spent years in USA/UK).

Another artist you guys could probably bring back (in a way) is Mai Fukui; she's no longer a part of POPLAR ('06 guest), but she's gone solo and has been doing reasonably well (in my opinion, at least).

Angelx624

Quote from: Kaori on January 28, 2012, 03:31:38 PM
You guys basically made my decade with Yuya, so thanks for that.

As for artists for this year, I would recommend Yuna Ito because she has an amazing voice, and she would be able to communicate with the fans and community easily due to her being from America in the first place.

Since I'm pretty much Yuya's biggest fan (self named), I doubt he'll make it to Fanime. According to his schedule, he'll be performing elsewhere during Fanime Q_Q

Oh no~!! ;AAA; Ah well, maybe he'll be back next year~ ><"

On another note, I'm gonna push Versailles one more time...... 8DD I can't ask enough for them, can I~? ;AAA;"
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Priz

I went to a concert in Japan in November (on "Culture Day") called @JAM. You can see pictures of @JAM here - http://www.at-jam.jp/2011/gallery/

I had a ticket lined up for a really cool DJ event the night before for a CD Release Party for the album "I <3 Tokyo for Anime Music Lovers", but I was dead tired and fell asleep... woke up more tired than when I took a nap! It ran from 11:30pm-5am... so I would have been dead for @JAM, so at least I got rest for that. :)

I saw LiSA for the first time live at @JAM and I'm now a HUGE fan! The music is great and her encore song is so much fun live... it's similar to making the hand gestures for the song YMCA, but it's spelling LISA instead. The whole band does it and everyone loves it. You can see a video of it here from her performance at AFA the weekend after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFRAQb9C0FY

She puts on a great live show and I would definitely see her again if she came to any con on the west coast. Right now people only know her from her music for Angel Beats (and now doing the OP for Fate/Zero), but I expect in the next few years she'll really grow in popularity and gather quite the fan base. I'd love for her to perform locally at Fanime, but I'll take what I can get. :)

jacky10777

SuG or the GazettE <3 :D or any other oshare or vk bands <3

Freedom Op666

To throw in my two cents. I would enjoy it if these artists came to Fanime this year.

Momoi Haruko - Cuz I've got a serious crush lol
Vocaloids - I'd be interested to see a concert of them "in person"
Maximum The Hormone - They can really get the juices pumping
Uverworld - I enjoy a lot of their music, not just from anime.
Megumi Hayashibara - Been a big fan since I was in middle school(23 now).
Hit me up on any of my accounts.

N.E.R.V.agent220

"The Brilliant Green" (Gotta represent Gundam Nation for a second consecutive year.)

Lunarmatique

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on February 14, 2012, 12:50:16 PM
"The Brilliant Green" (Gotta represent Gundam Nation for a second consecutive year.)

I second this. I'm already planning to cosplay Allelujah and my fiancee is Marie. We'd totally go the their show in cosplay.

But I think L'arc~En~Ciel should play. I mean, come on, they're already on a world tour. Why not?
Fanime 2016 Lineup:
Ninja Slayer from Animation - Ninja Slayer
Destiny - Hunter
Kill la Kill - Senketsu

chifunii

I'm getting really excited, seeing that Musicfest is right around the corner-ish now. *U*b

Throwing this out last-minute, just add me to the rest of the +1 votes. xD maybe they'll make it next year? Hm.
ONE OK ROCK.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-