Fanimecon '12 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by kaizoku, May 16, 2011, 02:18:17 AM

eHash

Chris Brown!
!
!
!
!
just kidding...
how about "The Hiatus"

PyronIkari

Quote from: eHash on June 23, 2011, 06:27:13 PM
Chris Brown!
!
!
!
!
just kidding...
how about "The Hiatus"

And have Hosemi be all emo and haet haet haet haet haet?

U_MYUKi

Yuya is a really good guest  :) a lot of people seem to enjoy

teeheeitshelen

Definitely VOCALOID ! WAIT I MISSED YUYA'S CONCERT AND AUTOGRAPH SIGNING :O SO BRING BACK YUYA, YES ?
This year cosplay:
Mafia!Vietnam - APH (Fanime)
Shizuko Heiwajima - DRRR! (Fanime and maybe AOD)
Ah, Its a Wonderful Cat GUMI - VOCALOID (Fanime)

blueberry94125

Bring Yuya and LM.C back!
Also
One ok Rock
SuG
Uverworld
Ayabie
Sadie (:

jetboy2012

PyronIkari

MegRock (there should be a star between that but I don't have JP on my keyboard and I'm lazy).

Besides being in the industry forever, she did a lot of major songs. Strangely, she's relatively unknown over here sadly. Card Captor Sakura, she wrote the OP to Gurren Lagaan, just to name two of the major contributions she's done.

Kazuko

Plastic Tree and Onmyo-za *u*!!

or even MOMOIRO CLOVER-Z!! They are so energetic and their lives are full of hype!! I would die if Momoclo-Z came to Fanime

poppyjaz

personally I would love to see FLOW back again. I travel specifically to see these guys, and will do it a third fourth and fifth time if they keep coming back. As for other bands I would love to see Orange Range  or maybe a Visual Kei band. I'm not a fan of their music but I'm sure Asian Kung Fu generation would be popular,  though I'm personally not a fan of their music.

felexis12

Quote from: poppyjaz on July 11, 2011, 02:55:39 PM
personally I would love to see FLOW back again. I travel specifically to see these guys, and will do it a third fourth and fifth time if they keep coming back. As for other bands I would love to see Orange Range  or maybe a Visual Kei band. I'm not a fan of their music but I'm sure Asian Kung Fu generation would be popular,  though I'm personally not a fan of their music.

I second this! FLOW is just so amazing! I would see them as many times as possible! Thank you MF for making our, FLOW-fans, dreams come true!  :)

eHash

lol, for shits and grins, how about isao sasaki?

j/k
if i was the thing, i'm now looking at pyronikari saying "flame on"

Angelx624

Versailles. PLEEEEAAAASE~!! ;AAA;

Also, SuG would be awesome to see~!! ^^ And omg, if you guys got Yuya to come back next year, I WOULD DIE HAPPY~!! XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

SukebeStudios

I would LOVE to have Fanime get SID to come! I'd buy a Black Butler cosplay just for the concert!

Angelx624

Quote from: SukebeStudios on July 15, 2011, 04:41:33 AM
I would LOVE to have Fanime get SID to come! I'd buy a Black Butler cosplay just for the concert!
Oooohhh, I would be happy with them, too~! X3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

teeheeitshelen

Quote from: Angelx624 on July 16, 2011, 03:07:46 AM
Quote from: SukebeStudios on July 15, 2011, 04:41:33 AM
Oooohhh, I would be happy with them, too~! X3

Well second that too *making peace sign* :P
This year cosplay:
Mafia!Vietnam - APH (Fanime)
Shizuko Heiwajima - DRRR! (Fanime and maybe AOD)
Ah, Its a Wonderful Cat GUMI - VOCALOID (Fanime)

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 29, 2011, 08:43:13 AM
MegRock (there should be a star between that but I don't have JP on my keyboard and I'm lazy).

Besides being in the industry forever, she did a lot of major songs. Strangely, she's relatively unknown over here sadly. Card Captor Sakura, she wrote the OP to Gurren Lagaan, just to name two of the major contributions she's done.
Quote from: jetboy2012 on June 29, 2011, 01:03:46 AM
Kalafina
Actually, I second these two. I absolutely love MegRock's, (Megumi Hinata),  OP for Cardcaptor.

Quote from: thatonepuppetpal on June 22, 2011, 10:18:45 PM
Well, some K-Pop groups also participate in the J-Pop scene. Some groups like 2PM, Brown Eyed Girls, and I think SHINee have a few songs in Japanese.
I also second 2PM. (Or first if you weren't actually suggesting... -.-; ) They did the first ED for Ao no Exorcist so it is not like they don't do JP songs.

I'm sure that there are other artists that I'd love to come. Although I wouldn't mind for AnCafe to come back, I'd probably love some of the other popular groups that haven't come to fanime yet. I don't really search out new bands so much anymore so it is rather fun to hear new stuff. And sadly most of my (utmost) favorite bands are disbanded so yeah... -.-;

One I'd like but it probably is unlikely....
Megumi Hayashibara (Slayers, Ranma, Love Hina, etc.)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

CobaltTempest

Most likely not happening but will attempt anyway
1. Hokago Tea Time (K-ON! seiyuu and the band that is actually behind the music)
2. Sphere
3. ClariS
4. L'Arc-en-Ciel
5. T.M. Revolution
6. Mizuki Nana

Possible choices
1. Kalafina
2. Uverworld
3. Maximum the Hormone

I would like to see both FLOW and Matsushita Yuya return if possible.   
Facebook | World Cosplay

Kujo Jotaro - "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"
Kiryūin Satsuki - "Kill La Kill"
Champion Cynthia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

chifunii

Adding on to the long list that I've had queued for the last three years or so, I recently found out about 7!! (read: Seven oops) and they're really good. Though they're really, REALLY new (they just debuted from their indies career this year), and don't have as many songs under their belt as seasoned bands. But, considering there's quite a while between now and next May, I think there's possibly enough time for them to have a few more releases before Fanime rolls around.

7!!'s first single was used as the theme song for the live-action manga adaptation movie High School Debut (and a PUFFY cover they did is also in the movie), and their second single is used as the Naruto opening (don't know which). Their involvement in the anime industry is apparent though still just starting, but it'd be really exciting to see their style of music at Fanime...

LIIIINK to YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90WzFiTWPY&feature=related

tl;dr
7!! (Seven oops), new-ish band, High School Debut, Naruto, new sound for Fanime?
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

TofuHopper

atm I would love to see a Miku 3D concert xp and KANON WAKESHIMA! COME ON WE NEED HER HERE!!! <3 EVERYONE GETS TO SEE HER BUT US BAY AREA PEOPLE!!! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED <3<3<3

-EDIT- The Gazettes :) and Kalafina<3<3

IcyFlamePup

Jrock:

• the GazettE
  • PIKO
  • alicenine.
  • UVERworld
  • Aqua Timez

Seiyuu:

• Mizuki Nana

If a 3D Vocaloid concert is impossible at this point, is there any chance of inviting some utaite from Nico Nico Douga to FanimeCon?

• Shounen T
  • Soraru
  • Miichan
  • Pokota
  • Kettaro