Fanimecon '12 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by kaizoku, May 16, 2011, 02:18:17 AM

bluechokobo

redroses3164

Maaya Sakamoto would be excellent as others have mentioned. She's also one of my favorite voice actresses as well.

eHash

Eddy knows very well about the dance budget situation.  The dance had ZERO budget for headliners. Any headliners or extra equipment (like the equipment in the 2nd room and the lighting for the stage) was paid for or provided by the heads of the dance (LOL, me).  Eddy was busy working the deal with ACEN and didn't get back to us in time to arrange a co-sponsorship deal for 2011, but we are already negotiating for 2012.

the kpop artists that have performed in the city get a significant amount of money to perform (probably exceeds fanime's budget)  the tickets for the events at mighty start at 50 (which is 5 less than a pre-reg fanime pass). the promoter makes money from a % of the bar, table commission, and sponsorships... none of which are replicable at fanime.  perhaps you can convince that promoter to throw an event in san jose during the con so you can walk to it.

My own suggest for Musicfest (which is what this thread is about) is: morning musume

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: eHash on May 31, 2011, 03:26:26 PM
the kpop artists that have performed in the city get a significant amount of money to perform (probably exceeds fanime's budget)  the tickets for the events at mighty start at 50 (which is 5 less than a pre-reg fanime pass). the promoter makes money from a % of the bar, table commission, and sponsorships... none of which are replicable at fanime.  perhaps you can convince that promoter to throw an event in san jose during the con so you can walk to it.

My own suggest for Musicfest (which is what this thread is about) is: morning musume

Sounds fair enough.
I second MoMusu. I believe they have performed at AX and Japan Expo. :/

I'll also add that I would suggest kanonxkanon/Kanon Wakeshima, PIKO, supercell, UVERworld, Aqua Timez, and Aya Hirano. Just some ideas...

Ah yes! I would LOVE to see FLOW again!! They always put on a great show :3
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

heeroyuy135

Petition for the return of FLOW for a third year plz
Also starting up the Shoji Meguro suggestion up again

cottoncandymuffin

YES please bring back FLOW!! their concert was amazing (as was Yuya's) ^^

chifunii

Some of my friends are going to try to run me over with a lawnmower, but...

FLOW please ;)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Sapphire

Yes bring FLOW back~ We can be their American con and make it a tradition for them to come to Fanime. That would be so awesome.

redroses3164

I didn't mention it in my previous post but definitely bringing FLOW back every year would be fantastic. I didn't manage to get their autographs though but that's understandable with the line.

Momoko

chifunii

FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

felexis12

Yes FLOW!!!! like someone mentioned it would be amazing if they could come every year as a tradition!! I would be there every year if they made it back!! So please try and bring FLOW back!!! :D

PunkDrunker

FLOW again.

abingdon boys school
T.M.Revolution
Acid Black Cherry

and of course:

SIAM SHADE. Get them to re-unite for Fanime. (Ahaha, like that would happen, but a girl can dream, right? I need to see them live again.)

Mango Bunny

Please, don't bring back FLOW. Unless they come back like Momoi keeps coming back (I really do love that!)

Aside from the fact  have zero interest in FLOW and don't care for their music....

We need variation! I was going to try to catch Yuya (not exactly my favorite music either, but it seemed fun enough) but was too starving to after my Yoshiki fest.

I don't really have a particular suggestion, but I would like to see some showy J-Pop or something. I'll be honest, I won't be super into any of the bands that come, my J-rock fandom days are kind of over, but if a band is going to put on a really fun performance and I am okay with their music.... I'll go!

I'd really like to go to musicfest again! So stop bringing FLOW.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 19, 2011, 02:36:44 PM

And I'll also suggest Arashi. Hey, nobody's mentioned in the thread that it had to be possible. :B

Good suggestion on Arashi, but bringing them here requires more funds that Fanime needs AND security due to their popularity. Not even the SJ convention center is big enough to hold a very huge crowd given the fact how much they can bring to their concert alone.

I would like to see Yuya Matsushita to come back again. His performances was great!

cottoncandymuffin

Maybe we can have MoonStream back again as actual MusicFest performers this time instead of just signing autographs in the AA? >w<

felexis12

I think a great combo for next year would be: Home made kazoku and FLOW! Both of these bands would be amazing to see, since they are very talented and popular! The concert would be amazing since they did a song together a few years ago that they could perform together on stage! I think they would be a great choice for next year (or future years) since they both have such a large fan base. This is what I would suggest!

Amanojaku

Aldious!  This all-girl metal band is incredible.  I know people who would come to Fanime Con specifically for this band.

Don't know much about them?  Well, check them out!

http://aldious.jp - Official Site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTyPIGL3TLs - sample video
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

ayame_nguyen

FLOW again please. I just love them live. It would be amazing if they became a Fanime tradition.

UVERworld pleaseee<3 They're my favorite band of all times.
also may'n & yui.
2pm would be nice too :) they do have a japanese single thats used in ao no exorcist.

Acid_Android

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I'd like to ask that the suggestions stick to "WANTS" rather than "DO NOT WANT"s. Quite honestly, that's a lot more helpful for us staff, and also, it keeps things a bit more polite since label reps DO check the forums every now and then.

As a side note:
With how wonderful FLOW has been to attendees and staff these past two years, saying that you don't want them back is slightly rude to them =/
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!