Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2012!!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 17, 2011, 10:53:01 AM

Nina Star 9

Same rules as always!

- Post a variety of types of guests (though there is a Musicfest guests thead)
- Post guests that Fanime realistically has a chance of bringing out (so no one too big or too expensive)
- Post guests that still exist (you have no idea how many times I've seen people request broken up bands, dead celebrities, etc.)
- Post guests that people will actually want to see
- You can post your ~dream guests~, but keep in mind that not everyone is suitable as a guest for Fanime (so note it in your post if it is less realistic and don't get into fights over whether a guest is reasonable or not -- civil disscussion of the suitability of a guest, fine, "OMG U HAV 2 BRING OUT MALICE MIZER U SUXXORZ IF U HATE ON THEM  >:(  >:(  >:(" is not)

Have fun~~! :D

Yes, we are up to 7 exclamation points for 7 years of this thread!

Daimyo

In Alphabetical Order of first name (not in increasing/decreasing order of favorites):

-David Hayter
-Hideo Kojima
-Shoko Nakagawa
-Suda 51
-Tetsuya Nomura
-You Yoshinari

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on January 26, 2011, 10:45:46 AM

Today Nabeshin (Shinichi Watanabe) the Director of Excel Saga and other anime is wondering on his Facebook why USA conventions have not invited him for this year.

Is there a way for Fanime Guest Relations Staffing to invite him over to Fanime Con 2011?  I already met him at last years Anime Expo 2010 and he is a very nice and funny guy when I got to know him at their meet the guest reception.

Just a suggestion if Fanime Con 2011 can pull off this miracle as I want other fans to enjoy his company.

Also, ^^^support for this recommendation^^^

[This is the same post from the 2011 Thread but I still feel the same about these guests since most likely none of them made it this year (2011)

I have no idea of how suitable they all are :P]

Kaycea

Nice List :) Suda 51 would prolly be the funniest, but David Hayter has been known to be surprisely funny as well..
As for me there are alot of people I would like to see at the Con, but the one I'd say is at the top of my list is Utada Hikaru. If she came to Fanime2012...It would be epic ;D

P.S. I'd also take UVERworld or Shing02
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

kookiekween99

I know people have been requesting LittleKuriboh and TGWTG/Doug Walker for a long time. Maybe not suitable for guests of honor, but maybe good for a panel or two. I know this year we have JewWario and Psychotaku, but I'd be super excited if we got to see Doug himself. :D
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Persona

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 18, 2011, 08:57:44 AM
I know people have been requesting LittleKuriboh and TGWTG/Doug Walker for a long time. Maybe not suitable for guests of honor, but maybe good for a panel or two. I know this year we have JewWario and Psychotaku, but I'd be super excited if we got to see Doug himself. :D

Second this! Although I didn't know JewWario was coming, that's pretty awesome too.

A long shot, but I'd love to see the Video Games Awesome guys (or at least Fraser). I'd be really interested in seeing a panel on how he sets all of it up and puts the videos together.

Mantaray3000

My suggestions

Seiyuu: Miyuki Sawashiro, Mamoru Miyano, Marina Inoue, Kouji Yusa, Kikuko Inoue, Souichirou Hoshi, Chiwa Saito, Kana Hanazawa, Maaya Sakamoto and Fumiko Orikasa

Manga Artist: Rei Hiroe, Ashika Sakura, Kenji Hata, Kouji Seo and Matsuri Hino.

Other: Type-Moon, Yoji Shinkawa, Jun Maeda, Na-Ga, Shigenori Soejima, and Seiji Kishi

kookiekween99

Quote from: Persona on May 18, 2011, 09:13:22 AM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 18, 2011, 08:57:44 AM

Second this! Although I didn't know JewWario was coming, that's pretty awesome too.

I had no idea either, until I saw this in the panels list.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Armored-Heart

Artists: Hiromu Arakawa, Atsushi Okubo, huke

Seiyuu: Romi Paku, Rie Kugimiya

Probably quite difficult to bring them to Fanime but I figured I'd throw those out there. xD
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

sugarpunch18

Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 19, 2011, 02:40:32 PM

Probably quite difficult to bring them to Fanime but I figured I'd throw those out there. xD
Those were my thoughts exactly.

YOU AND I ARE THE SAME PERSON. O_O
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
~Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
~Bloody!Kevin (Welcome to Night Vale)
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)

xXPlasmidXx

It probably would be a long-shot, but I'd love to get Doug Walker, or (since he's one state over instead of being in Chicago) perhaps even Noah Antweiler/Spoony. Now THAT would be amazing. I'm also excited that JewWario'll be there this year! Good catch!

Armored-Heart

Quote from: sugarpunch18 on May 19, 2011, 02:54:26 PM

DOPPELGANGER!

*high fives*

sugarpunch18

Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 19, 2011, 09:26:11 PM

DOPPELGANGER!

*high fives*
Meet Your Doppleganger Five! ;)

Wait.
Does that whole You'll-Die-When-You-Meet-Your-Doppleganger thing work for the internet?
I MUST KNOW THESE THINGS.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
~Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
~Bloody!Kevin (Welcome to Night Vale)
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)

Armored-Heart

Quote from: sugarpunch18 on May 19, 2011, 09:59:05 PM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 19, 2011, 09:26:11 PM

DOPPELGANGER!

*high fives*
Meet Your Doppleganger Five! ;)

Wait.
Does that whole You'll-Die-When-You-Meet-Your-Doppleganger thing work for the internet?
I MUST KNOW THESE THINGS.

Well we're not dead so 8D;

BUT TO STAY ON TOPIC: I'd die happy if CLAMP came to Fanime. xD That's another impossible one though. |D;

PyronIkari

Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 20, 2011, 09:05:05 AM
BUT TO STAY ON TOPIC: I'd die happy if CLAMP came to Fanime. xD That's another impossible one though. |D;

I remember when I met CLAMP. It was... exactly what I thought it would be. A bunch of very anti-social women who are very on the unattractive side, being anti-social and thinking they're better than everyone else in the room.

Rhornez

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 20, 2011, 09:11:50 AM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 20, 2011, 09:05:05 AM

I remember when I met CLAMP. It was... exactly what I thought it would be. A bunch of very anti-social women who are very on the unattractive side, being anti-social and thinking they're better than everyone else in the room.
bahaha

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

venus_ivy

What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Tony

Hi all,

I hate to be a downer, but - we're not even done with 2011! ^_^;

Unfortunately I won't be of much help here, since I'm stepping down this year, but I'll make sure to pass the word to the next Chair. In the meantime, you can always get in touch with the GR department, and they may be able to make things happen. They will be closely monitoring this and other threads throughout the year!

Quote from: venus_ivy on May 20, 2011, 01:17:36 PM
Bring Yoshiki!
Yoshiki at FanimeCon. Really, Ashley? :P Yes, by all means, give him a shout out.

Tony
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

frumpy

Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

PyronIkari

Quote from: frumpy on May 21, 2011, 03:20:56 AM
LOL @ Ashley & Tony... ;D

I AGREE WITH YOU SIR, Ashley and Tony should totally be guests next year.