Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2012!!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 17, 2011, 10:53:01 AM

WaffoCellist

I would like to see the the chef and Francis from Cooking with Dog! ;D
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

GokuMew2

Wow, it's started already.

Just a reminder for those of you who like to directly contact people you'd like to see at FanimeCon: Please please please never give them the impression that you are part of FanimeCon Guest Relations if you're not or say things like "FanimeCon would love to have you." Contacting guests is the job of GR and things could get messy if attendees start doing it as well. We of course don't mind attendees asking people "Would you be interested in coming to FanimeCon?" but just please don't give them any potentially false impressions.

That aside, keep the suggestions coming! :D
(Please keep in mind that GR does not handle MusicFes guests so you may want to post any music guest suggestions over in the MusicFest thread.)
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Veriitas

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
-Leonardo da Vinci

cottoncandymuffin

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: Rhornez on May 20, 2011, 09:56:16 AM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 20, 2011, 09:11:50 AM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 20, 2011, 09:05:05 AM
BUT TO STAY ON TOPIC: I'd die happy if CLAMP came to Fanime. xD That's another impossible one though. |D;

I remember when I met CLAMP. It was... exactly what I thought it would be. A bunch of very anti-social women who are very on the unattractive side, being anti-social and thinking they're better than everyone else in the room.
bahaha
I think I would expect that as well...but their work is phenomenal nonetheless.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Epika

Quote from: Mantaray3000 on May 18, 2011, 11:37:50 AM
My suggestions

Seiyuu: Miyuki Sawashiro, Mamoru Miyano, Marina Inoue, Kouji Yusa, Kikuko Inoue, Souichirou Hoshi, Chiwa Saito, Kana Hanazawa, Maaya Sakamoto and Fumiko Orikasa

Manga Artist: Rei Hiroe, Ashika Sakura, Kenji Hata, Kouji Seo and Matsuri Hino.

Other: Type-Moon, Yoji Shinkawa, Jun Maeda, Na-Ga, Shigenori Soejima, and Seiji Kishi

*o* I second these~

Also:

Seiyuu: Matsumoto Rica, Tamura Yukari, & Hayashibara Megumi
Other: Ryukishi07
Animation On Display (AOD) - 2009 & 2010
Fanime - 2011 - 2014
Anime Expo - 2015

Mango Bunny

Seriously though, bring Yoshiki back. I'll wait in line 10 hours this time. I want that autograph!

chifunii

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 31, 2011, 08:08:44 AM
Seriously though, bring Yoshiki back. I'll wait in line 10 hours this time. I want that autograph!

My friend had wanted to see him so desperately, but she wanted to go to MusicFest (In her logic, FLOW+Yuya > YOSHIKI). Because YOSHIKI's flight was delayed (or something along those lines, is what I heard), his session was moved from 4 to 6, which is pretty much when MusicFest began to get started. :( Next time around, hopefully, she'll be able to see him.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

eHash

I hate to sound weird, but can we get a girl group?

cottoncandymuffin

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 31, 2011, 08:08:44 AM

ditto. I was in line for musicfest so I didn't get to see him. I heard not that many people got autographs anyways :\

heeroyuy135

I'll throw a name out there...Nagaru Tanigawa

Luca Cantellano

Well, Although I know it's not realistic... I'd request Gackt... xD
He is not only hot, has a beautiful voice, and famous in multiple countries, but was also the model for Cloud (Final Fantasy), Gakupo (Vocaloid), was brought into Kamen Rider Decade, and even had his debut with S.K.I.N. (including Miyavi) at Anime Expo...

On a more realistic note, I'd like to bring Yuya back? Okay, I know people dont always like it when a person is repeated, but I and many others weren't able to get an autograoh from him because we missed the times for the autograph session... since there wasnt a schedule... It almost seemed unfair... Can we bring him back? (;´ρ`)

Manga Artists: Ayano Yamane, Minami Haruka, Yana Toboso

EDIT: I missed Yoshiki, too! Am I the only one here that missed a lot because of all the confusion with schedules and overlapping times?

2015 cosplay(s): Lady Deadpool (realistic interpretation)

GokuMew2

*cough* Just a small reminder that musical guests may be better posted in the thread for musical guests as GR does not handle them. ;)
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

AJ_627

Sapphire

UVERworld at Fanime would be awesome.

Also bring Yuyu Matsushita back because that was amazing. And if FLOW can come again would be just as awesome.

And if T.M.Revolution can come to Fanime I would be SO excited for that. You have no idea. That's like my childhood of anime there with heart of sword from kenshin. <3

KyraEnsui

I like to see Shokotan again. As for other guests, I want to Higuri You and few other seiyuus like Kamiya Hiroshi and Romi Paku.

Jidai Geki

On behalf of Bay Area Sailor Moon Charater Cosplayers,
A return of:

Tohru Furuya,

and if possible the addition of

Kotono Mitsuishi  and/or  Keiko Han

2012 will mark the 20th Anniversary of Sailor Moon Manga/Anime series.
We believe it would be nice if Fanime could be a part of this beloved anime classic's anniversary celebration.

Sunara Ishi

I haven't posted in these kinds of things in ages...

Mangaka:

• Narumi Kakinouchi (Vampire Princess Miyu, Shaolin Sisters, Juline, Yakushiji Ryōko no Kaiki Jikenbo, etc.)

• Sakura Kinoshita (Matantei Loki, Tactics, Akuma no Tsukurikata)

• Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail, Rave Master)

• Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter X Hunter, YuYu Hakusho, Level E)

And while we're at it...

• Naoko Takeuchi (Sailor Moon)

>.<

I really don't know what is realistic or not with this con anymore. You always pull rabbits out of the hat.
But the last two might be unrealistic as their second kid is probably only about two or three now.... -.-;

Light Novelist(s):

• Ryohgo Narita (Durarara!! [creator], Baccano [creator], Etsusa Bridge)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

SukebeStudios

Ok, I'm confused about something. The weekend before FanimeCon was Big Wow Comic Fest. Vic Mignogna was one of the guests in attendance. He said that Fanime had asked him to attend, but he had a prior commitment to a con in Phoenix. However, he DID say he would be attending Fanime 2012. AWESOME.

Here's the problem.

When I was attending one of Seiji Mizushima's autograph sessions (Sunday I believe) I asked one of the Staff about that, and he said that Fanime usually DOES NOT reach out to domestic (English) Voice Actors as guests and is more international guest oriented. Also, he said that Vic Mignogna would have to ask Fanime to attend as a guest.

So...does this mean that some information has been mixed up? Is Vic Mignogna NOT attending in 2012, or is this guy just talking about stuff he doesn't know about?

[Edit by MPLe: Please read Tony's post clarifying that we do reach out to domestic and/or English guests. This edit is more for those that are reading this thread that might miss out on Tony's post]

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 06, 2011, 10:05:20 PM
Ok, I'm confused about something. The weekend before FanimeCon was Big Wow Comic Fest. Vic Mignogna was one of the guests in attendance. He said that Fanime had asked him to attend, but he had a prior commitment to a con in Phoenix. However, he DID say he would be attending Fanime 2012. AWESOME.

Here's the problem.

When I was attending one of Seiji Mizushima's autograph sessions (Sunday I believe) I asked one of the Staff about that, and he said that Fanime usually DOES NOT reach out to domestic (English) Voice Actors as guests and is more international guest oriented. Also, he said that Vic Mignogna would have to ask Fanime to attend as a guest.

So...does this mean that some information has been mixed up? Is Vic Mignogna NOT attending in 2012, or is this guy just talking about stuff he doesn't know about?

1. Random staff member telling you something doesn't make it true.
2. Why do you want Vic to go to Fanime? He goes to like... every con in existance, if you want to see him, why not go to AX since he goes... every single year.