Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2012!!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 17, 2011, 10:53:01 AM

SukebeStudios

Quote1. Random staff member telling you something doesn't make it true.
That's what I was thinking.

Quote2. Why do you want Vic to go to Fanime? He goes to like... every con in existance, if you want to see him, why not go to AX since he goes... every single year.
The fact that I want Vic to come to Fanime is irrelevant. I don't go to AX because I can not afford it, which is also irrelevant.

I was hoping someone from Guest Relations or someone who actually knows could clear this up.

Mantaray3000

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 06, 2011, 10:05:20 PM
Ok, I'm confused about something. The weekend before FanimeCon was Big Wow Comic Fest. Vic Mignogna was one of the guests in attendance. He said that Fanime had asked him to attend, but he had a prior commitment to a con in Phoenix. However, he DID say he would be attending Fanime 2012. AWESOME.

Here's the problem.

When I was attending one of Seiji Mizushima's autograph sessions (Sunday I believe) I asked one of the Staff about that, and he said that Fanime usually DOES NOT reach out to domestic (English) Voice Actors as guests and is more international guest oriented. Also, he said that Vic Mignogna would have to ask Fanime to attend as a guest.

So...does this mean that some information has been mixed up? Is Vic Mignogna NOT attending in 2012, or is this guy just talking about stuff he doesn't know about?
I'm pretty sure that (not just fanime but,) every convention's guest committee has to be the one to invite a voice actor, director, etc in order for them to be a guest in their con. Also I would not be surprised if Vic did asked to be a guest at Fanime since I've heard at one point he invited himself to Anime North 2010 which I also heard made the staff there uneasy. Don't know if its true or not.

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: AJ_627 on June 01, 2011, 12:14:08 PM
Doug Walker aka "Nostalgia Critic"

I second this. I'd also like to see JewWario return for 2012

Tony

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 06, 2011, 11:07:25 PM
I was hoping someone from Guest Relations or someone who actually knows could clear this up.
Hi. =D

That story is incorrect. We do reach out to domestic guests. We talked to quite a few this year, including Vic. He could not attend due to scheduling, unfortunately. (It was pretty surreal to see him show up at the final staff meeting, though. I hope he enjoyed the cookies.)

That's about as much as I will say, though. The Hows and Whys of guest relations are very sensitive and very complicated.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2011, 11:18:27 AM
Hi. =D

That story is incorrect. We do reach out to domestic guests. We talked to quite a few this year, including Vic. He could not attend due to scheduling, unfortunately. (It was pretty surreal to see him show up at the final staff meeting, though. I hope he enjoyed the cookies.)

That's about as much as I will say, though. The Hows and Whys of guest relations are very sensitive and very complicated.

Ah, I see. That's what I was wondering. So, when Vic said he'll be at Fanime 2012...would that be true then? And does Fanime have rules about gifts fans give to guests?

chifunii

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 08, 2011, 09:40:00 PM
And does Fanime have rules about gifts fans give to guests?

The gift policy is usually entirely up to the guest and their management. I'm pretty sure it's rather lax for domestic guests (as there are no customs that'll forbid them from traveling with flowers and other live things--if they're not flying, etc.) in comparison to those that Fanime brings in from overseas. As for either getting to hand them your gift personally or through their manager...that's also up to them >>
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Mantaray3000

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2011, 11:18:27 AM
We do reach out to domestic guests. We talked to quite a few this year. That's about as much as I will say, though. The Hows and Whys of guest relations are very sensitive and very complicated.

In that case then I would also like it if the veteran voice actress Jennifer Hale could be invited next year to Fanimecon as well as Helena Taylor the VA who did Bayonetta.

SukebeStudios

Ok! I just recieved an e-mail from Vic Mignogna. I had asked him about the situation with Fanime 2012, and this is a direct quote from the email.

QuoteAs for Fanime, they invited me THIS YEAR, but I was already committed to another event. So I fully expect to be there next year. Perhaps you and your anime friends could write the staff and request that they have me. That would probably help!

Thanks again!

vic

So there you have it. PLEASE STAFF! INVITE VIC MIGNOGNA AGAIN! He said himself he'd come for 2012 if he's asked. And staff needs to ask him ASAP, because his schedule fills up FAST. He was booked for Winter Sac Anime 2012 almost a year in advance. He wants to come, so it ALL DEPENDS ON STAFF NOW.

M

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 19, 2011, 11:49:10 PM
Ok! I just recieved an e-mail from Vic Mignogna. I had asked him about the situation with Fanime 2012, and this is a direct quote from the email.

QuoteAs for Fanime, they invited me THIS YEAR, but I was already committed to another event. So I fully expect to be there next year. Perhaps you and your anime friends could write the staff and request that they have me. That would probably help!

Thanks again!

vic

So there you have it. PLEASE STAFF! INVITE VIC MIGNOGNA AGAIN! He said himself he'd come for 2012 if he's asked. And staff needs to ask him ASAP, because his schedule fills up FAST. He was booked for Winter Sac Anime 2012 almost a year in advance. He wants to come, so it ALL DEPENDS ON STAFF NOW.
I can't comment on GR's process, but your request for Vic has been acknowledged.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

katie5000

I second having Tohru Furuya back...he was cool. :D I also second having Naoko Takeuchi.

In addition, if at all possible, maybe you guys could pull Shuichi Ikeda, Nobuo Tobita, or even Yoshiyuki Tomino (although he might be too much of a stretch o_O).

As for North American VA's, maybe you could get Brad Swaile, Michael Kopsa, and/or Matt Hill.

teeheeitshelen

Okay . Well, I do agree with SukebeStudios about requesting Vic Mignogna to Fanime 2012 :)
Oh by the way, you haven't request Todd Haberkorn and Micah Solusod  :o Before you request them to go to Fanime next year, I think I should talk to them if they are booked in May .__.
This year cosplay:
Mafia!Vietnam - APH (Fanime)
Shizuko Heiwajima - DRRR! (Fanime and maybe AOD)
Ah, Its a Wonderful Cat GUMI - VOCALOID (Fanime)

SukebeStudios

Quote from: teeheeitshelen on June 24, 2011, 02:57:06 PM
Okay . Well, I do agree with SukebeStudios about requesting Vic Mignogna to Fanime 2012 :)
Oh by the way, you haven't request Todd Haberkorn and Micah Solusod  :o Before you request them to go to Fanime next year, I think I should talk to them if they are booked in May .__.

What about the FMA "Trifecta of DOOM?" Vic Mignogna, Travis Willingham, and Laura Bailey? Or maybe just voice actors from Ouran High School Host Club? Like Caitlin Glass or Greg Ayres or Todd Haberkorn?

teeheeitshelen

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 25, 2011, 12:29:38 AM
Quote from: teeheeitshelen on June 24, 2011, 02:57:06 PM

What about the FMA "Trifecta of DOOM?" Vic Mignogna, Travis Willingham, and Laura Bailey? Or maybe just voice actors from Ouran High School Host Club? Like Caitlin Glass or Greg Ayres or Todd Haberkorn?

Well let's see here... Todd Haberkorn replied to my wallpost and he said "Not completely!" However, I didn't contact with Caitlin and Greg to be request to go to Fanime . If you do me a favor if you can try to contact Greg or Caitlin ? Kbaai . You would be planning for Hetalia or Soul Eater panel for next year, right ?
This year cosplay:
Mafia!Vietnam - APH (Fanime)
Shizuko Heiwajima - DRRR! (Fanime and maybe AOD)
Ah, Its a Wonderful Cat GUMI - VOCALOID (Fanime)

Mantaray3000

Quote from: SatoshiErika on May 31, 2011, 03:47:30 AM
Seiyuu: Matsumoto Rica, Tamura Yukari, & Hayashibara Megumi
Other: Ryukishi07

I second with these as well!

otakuya

I'd like LittleKuriboh and Yahtzee (that guy from Zero Punctuation game reviews). All just for panels and comedy shows.

Kazuko

Guests I would like to See for Fanime 2012!! hmm

It would be really awesome if you guys brought Andrew Hussie!!! He created webcomics such as Problem Sleuth and his current work Homestuck is really amazing and it has a strong fanbase *u* it would make my con~

Also if you guys brought back Tohru Furuya that would be even more amazing *u*

Mantaray3000

I'll just throw it out there.

Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis

They even said in their podcast that they won't go to other conventions outside of L.A unless they are either invited or if their boss pays for their travels.

themalletofjustice

I also agree with bringing over Megumi Hayashibara. :D
Other ideas:
Seki Toshihiko
Yana Toboso
the English cast of Gundam Wing (the main pilots I suppose ^.^)
Crispin Freeman

cutiebunny

I do not want to see any US dub guests.  If I had a choice between a Japanese guest and a US guest, I'd want the Japanese guest, even if they've already been to Fanime in the past.  I'd rather have Mamoru Yokota again than, say, Vic Mignogna.  And, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Hmmm...guests...well, since this is a wishlist, I'll be extravagant and perhaps as unrealistic as possible.

- Naoko Takeuchi - Fanime would easily earn "Best Convention" status with this guest.

- Yoshiyuki Sadamoto - Because Eva is always popular.  And because it'll be 9 years since he's shown up.

- Chiho Saito    -  Utena...

- Rui Araizumi   -  Wouldn't mind having a Lina sketch from her.

Kazue Kato -  Blue Exorcist creator

Shoko Conami - Shinobi Life creator

Nobuhiro Watsuki - Ruroni Kenshin creator

Yuu Watase - Fushigi Yuugi creator

Rumiko Takahashi - Inuyasha creator

Eiichiro Oda - One Piece creator

Noriaki 'Tite' Kubo - Bleach creator

Masashi Kishimoto - Naruto creator

Hayao Miyazaki -   Studio Ghibli

And while we're at it, maybe someone can create a time machine in time for Fanime 2012 and bring Osamu Tezuka to Fanime...

I was really impressed with Kazue Yamamoto, Alpha, Akihiko Yamashita, Miho Shimogasa & Izumi Matsumoto.  All these artists really seemed to give their all, especially Matsumoto who didn't look like he was doing so well (but still making sure that everyone on the last day of AX walked away with a sketch).  In terms of artists, I would like Fanime to invite guests that love to draw and are willing to do it for their fans, just like the crop of artists that Fanime invited in 2011.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: cutiebunny on July 06, 2011, 07:25:27 PM
I do not want to see any US dub guests.  If I had a choice between a Japanese guest and a US guest, I'd want the Japanese guest, even if they've already been to Fanime in the past.  I'd rather have Mamoru Yokota again than, say, Vic Mignogna.  And, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

But thank goodness not all of us feel that way.