Anyone lining up REAL early?

Started by Akito_starwind, May 17, 2011, 11:51:14 AM

Akito_starwind

So anyone line up early for dealers room?

AR-99

You won't have to worry about me, right now the plan is not to hit the place up until Monday.  Otherwise I will be participating in the con, getting in line for signings, looking to get into panels, and taking photos.   ;D
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

hikarihoshi28

I'd say lining up early is only worth it if there's a good chance that a specific item you're looking for will sell out quickly.

Last year a dealer told me that certain items sell out in the *first hour the hall is open*. So yeah, I might line up early this time... ^^;

AR-99

Did they specify what would sell out quickly?  Sounds like something to be taken with a grain of salt, but they may be right as well. 
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

FanFicGuru

I never line up super early. I meander in casually once the line has died down. When dealers tell you stuff sells out in the first hour, I'll tell you what it is:

whatever hyped-up anime is popular that year, they will sell out of the already overpriced merchandise.

I'm not one to line up for 4 hours to get robbed, lol. As I've pointed out elsewhere, 90-95% of the stuff you find in the dealers hall is available online for a much better price. I much prefer swap meet/artist alley in that respect.

But hey, to each their own.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Xanreo

The only thing that I've come across while looking through the Fanime dealers page that's worth lining up for are the Cosmicbreak wall scrolls.
Not a fan but the fact that they only have two available means there's going to be two happy 'earlybirds.'

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order