Getting in line on Thursday and what time?

Started by SoupSoup, May 17, 2011, 08:57:24 PM

SoupSoup

I'm 17 and my dad bought my pass, so will I need him to show his drivers drivers liscence to get the four day fanime badge?  And I want to get it on Thursday, Day 0.   What time should I get in line to get it?  What's the process?

Daimyo

Registration information, and more @ >>>Registration FAQ<<<

Quote from: SoupSoup on May 17, 2011, 08:57:24 PM
I'm 17 and my dad bought my pass, so will I need him to show his drivers drivers liscence to get the four day fanime badge?

[yes]

"Q: I am under 18 and do not have a driver's license or passport, what do I do?

A: All FanimeCon members must have valid government issued ID. The only exceptions are those under 18 attending with a parent or legal guardian. The parent or guardian must have valid government issued ID and will be responsible for the minor and all his or her actions. However, without a membership, the legal guardian can only roam the concourse area and are not allowed into badged areas. Do not bring a birth certificate as it does not count."

"Q: What do I need to pick up my badge if I purchased my membership online?

A: Please bring a valid government issued photo IDs like a passport, driver's license, or California ID, along with your electronic postcard that will be attached to your registration account sooner to FanimeCon. School IDs, Driver's/Learner's Permit, and Birth Certificates do not count."

Quote from: SoupSoupWhat time should I get in line to get it?

"Q: What time/days is Registration open at FanimeCon?

A: We will be open from Thursday to Monday of FanimeCon. Thursday, will be pick-up exclusively for Pre/Early-Registration attendees only. Times will be announced later."

Quote from: SoupSoupWhat's the process?

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, what do you mean specifically by "process"?

Hope this helps!

kookiekween99

They need to update the FAQ, because times were announced a few days ago.

Thrusday Reg starts at 5 PM. You get in line, wait for a while, then when you finally get up to the counter, you tell them your name and show them your electronic postcard. Make sure to explain that you're using your dad's ID. They might ask you a question to verify your identity, like "What's your address?" Then, when they're sure you're really you, they hand you your badge and you're on your merry way.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

SoupSoup

Thank you kookiekween99.  Would it be easier to just get my dad to do it for me? And what is an electronic postcard?

ShikiIchijo

An electronic postcard is something you print out from your registration account when FanimeCon staff release it. It has your badge information on it from what I can recall.
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

kookiekween99

Both you and your dad should be there. They can only release the badge to you, but your dad needs to be there to prove your identity.

As for the electonic postcard, sometime in the next week or so, there should be an announcement on the Fanime website that the electronic post cards are ready. When that happens, you should log in to your Registration account and there will be a link somewhere about your postcard. Click the link, and print it out. It will have your name and badge number as well as various other information. This is to help prevent someone else stealing your badge.

For now, just check the website everyday until the announcement goes up.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14