[SIGN UPS CLOSED] FANIME SPEED DATING 2011- OFFICIAL THREAD!!

Started by yaki-ika, May 19, 2011, 12:21:23 AM

Knightfire

Quote from: yaki-ika on May 23, 2011, 05:49:00 PM
Quote from: Knightfire on May 23, 2011, 01:55:25 PM
Still no response. Is the above poster incharge of the event?

Yep! 

And it sounds you replied later than when I sent out the waitlist email. I can assure you that you are on the waiting list. Please look to the first post in the thread (with the rules) to see the updated version. It will explain everything you need to know about being on the waiting list :)

I missed that part my apologies.

Thank you for your help.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

AoiNinja

I got in on friday.
I have to leave a panel I'm attending early, but I'm still excited about going to this. ^///^

yaki-ika

whoohoo, I'm excited, too! I can't wait to host this event :)

renalcul

I'm curious how many applicants there were for this.

Also, am I even on the waitlist? You said to resend the email if I had sent it prior to the 22 nd or whatever.

yaki-ika

Quote from: renalcul on May 23, 2011, 11:53:01 PM

Also, am I even on the waitlist? You said to resend the email if I had sent it prior to the 22 nd or whatever.

There were a lot of applicants!! I would say over 150 people applied. And its been open for such a short amount of time! Speed-dating is very popular :P

If you did not receive an email, assume that you are on the waiting list.

renalcul

Quote from: yaki-ika on May 24, 2011, 12:21:07 AM

There were a lot of applicants!! I would say over 150 people applied. And its been open for such a short amount of time! Speed-dating is very popular :P

how many people are helping you with it?

chan

Great, I'm so glad to hear our group email was accepted! I didn't receive an acceptance or waitlist email though? As in, if I were accepted I would expect to be told I'm in for either Friday or Sunday; if I'm waitlisted, I applied before the 22nd, but wasn't notified of my status. Wow, 150 applicants already?! That's amazing, this will be an incredible experience :o

yaki-ika

Quote from: renalcul on May 24, 2011, 12:36:48 AM

Right now, one other person will be helping me at the event. I am currently doing all the sign-ups and stuff myself. :P I'm doing my best to keep this event organized and well-run, but this is my first year and the event was quite last minute. I hope it goes alright!

renalcul

Quote from: yaki-ika on May 24, 2011, 12:44:53 AM

Right now, one other person will be helping me at the event. I am currently doing all the sign-ups and stuff myself. :P I'm doing my best to keep this event organized and well-run, but this is my first year and the event was quite last minute. I hope it goes alright!

I feel compelled to help out next year.

yaki-ika

Quote from: chan on May 24, 2011, 12:40:10 AM
Great, I'm so glad to hear our group email was accepted! I didn't receive an acceptance or waitlist email though? As in, if I were accepted I would expect to be told I'm in for either Friday or Sunday; if I'm waitlisted, I applied before the 22nd, but wasn't notified of my status. Wow, 150 applicants already?! That's amazing, this will be an incredible experience :o

When did you apply, and under what email address? Email me this information if you don't wish to share personal info on the forums. Because I remember one email address did not work in the group email.

yaki-ika

Quote from: renalcul on May 24, 2011, 12:46:36 AM

Please do! I need help next year :P

renalcul

Quote from: yaki-ika on May 24, 2011, 12:54:46 AM

I'll swing by the event at fanime and discuss this more there :3

chan

Hi, I emailed and since I haven't heard back yet, I just wanted to say quickly that I can make both Friday and Sunday, but vastly prefer Friday.

If I've unluckily been registered in the Sunday timeslot, is it possible for me to be put on the waitlist but stay registered for Sunday? As in, I would wait in the Friday line and if I make it in, cancel out on Sunday, and if not then fall back on the Sunday registration.

Thanks and sorry for all this trouble.

chan

Whoops, just received an email. OK, now I'm fully briefed on the situation, thanks!

yaki-ika

Quote from: renalcul on May 24, 2011, 12:56:30 AM
Quote from: yaki-ika on May 24, 2011, 12:54:46 AM

I'll swing by the event at fanime and discuss this more there :3

Cool! I look forward to meeting you there!! :)

yaki-ika

Quote from: chan on May 24, 2011, 10:18:12 AM
Whoops, just received an email. OK, now I'm fully briefed on the situation, thanks!

Yay! Sorry for all the confusion! This is just another thing I'll have to remember to make next year run a little more smoothly :P

atan134340

yaki-ika

Quote from: atan134340 on May 24, 2011, 11:19:27 AM
still no email here... ???

You may have not received an email because you signed up later than when I sent out the wait list email. Please look at the first post in the thread and scroll to the bottom of it for more wait list information.

squarebubblex

renalcul

Quote from: squarebubblex on May 25, 2011, 12:12:22 AM
Can I go just to watch? ^^
If it's anything like last year, the participants will be in their own room limited to the participants and the people running the thing.

They'll be in their own room.

With no windows.

--and no doors.

and they have to find a way out.