Packing for Fanime

Started by lady_tomoko, May 19, 2011, 03:20:26 PM

obliviousedward

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 24, 2011, 03:19:09 PM
A good deodorant should certainly be on the packing list for Fanime, but Axe smells like an asthma attack.

LOL, "Axe body spray: even angels will fall... to the ground gagging." :P
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

xichisex

A good deodorant should certainly be on the packing list for Fanime, but Axe smells like an asthma attack.

I'm totally about to start packing.... AGAIN!

Weeeee. Laundry done! I love lists.
Srsly. I tell my boyfriend NOT to use Axe, but instead to just wear his Old Spice deodorant. <3 That shit smells like heaven to me. And it comes and goes when he raises his arms. xD That way it isn't overbearing.

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

Moonblossom

I'm allergic to most Axe smells T_T It's so icky.

I love Old Spice too - it's such a classic. I know a lot of guys think it smells "old" but to me it just smells comforting and timeless. It's been around forever because it's never going to go out of style!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: xichisex on May 24, 2011, 03:37:34 PM

I'm totally about to start packing.... AGAIN!

Weeeee. Laundry done! I love lists.
Srsly. I tell my boyfriend NOT to use Axe, but instead to just wear his Old Spice deodorant. <3 That shit smells like heaven to me. And it comes and goes when he raises his arms. xD That way it isn't overbearing.

Hello ladies. Look at your man, now back at me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped using ladies' scented bodywash and switched to Old Spice he could smell like he's me.

Look down, back up. Where are you? You're at Fanime with the man your man could smell like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's an oyster with two tickets to Yamaga-san's party. Look again, the tickets are now pocky! Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not like a lady. I am in line for FLOW. *old spice whistle*
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

obliviousedward

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 24, 2011, 04:41:46 PM
Hello ladies. Look at your man, now back at me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped using ladies' scented bodywash and switched to Old Spice he could smell like he's me.

Look down, back up. Where are you? You're at Fanime with the man your man could smell like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's an oyster with two tickets to Yamaga-san's party. Look again, the tickets are now pocky! Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not like a lady. I am in line for FLOW. *old spice whistle*

YES! 8D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Junon

I tend to pack light, things like extra shirts, pants, underwear, socks.

My costume, is another story tho. :p

Naota21t

Of the top of my head I'm bringing:

backpack
deodorant/toothbrush
3 different shirts
3 different pants/shorts
2 pairs of shoes
sleeping bag
arcade stick/gc controller

thats about all i really need lol. being a guy is simple

xichisex

Omg! Who are you cosplaying as? xD I want to find you at Fanime now.

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

Rhornez

electronics bag clothes bag medicine/toothbrush bag ? lolz

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Runewitt

last year, i had a huge old Navy ( not Old Navy) pack, with three cosplays, changes of regular clothes, hats, kit bag, a stick horse, boots, dress shoes, clothes, and more than one bottle of alcohol.

this year, one 30" suitcase, a briefcase, and a hula hoop. if it werent for my foot brace, i wouldnt need a bag that big, but i need to take it just to be safe. also, i steampunked it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Saturnchan

Well, I'd like to say I'm a minimalist, but I'm a cosplayer, so.....XD

Though even with that, I usually am able to limit myself to one medium-large sized suitcase and one small carry on when it comes to clothes/cosplay, plus my purse and food (read: junk food) contribution. My friends and I have been rooming together for Fanime for about 5 years, so we each have things that we bring to share to save room (mostly to avoid 4 identical copies of things we only need one of). Planning for Fanime is a year long process! XD
However, this year my careful planning may go out the window, since I am bring 3 cosplays this year instead of my usual 1 lol
Planned Cosplay for Fanime 2016

*Coco Adel - RWBY
*Raimu "Rhyme" Bito [The World Ends With You]
*Namine [Kingdom Hearts II - Monty Oum's "Dead Fantasy" version] - Maybe
*Alice - [Disney's Alice in Wonderland]

FanFicGuru

Quote from: xichisex on May 24, 2011, 08:36:16 PM

If I had the physique I'd be the Old Spice man, lol. I'll be selling at the swap meet on Thursday with a Pajama Stocking cosplayer...so maybe you can find me that way? Haha.
Swap meet staff - 2014

GokuMew2

All packed and will be on my plane to SFO in about 4.5hrs.
Will be nice to be back in the States. Ahhh--- ENGLISHHHHHHH!!! I miss youuu!!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

lady_tomoko

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 24, 2011, 10:37:40 PM
Quote from: xichisex on May 24, 2011, 08:36:16 PM

Omg same here :)

If I had the physique I'd be the Old Spice man, lol. I'll be selling at the swap meet on Thursday with a Pajama Stocking cosplayer...so maybe you can find me that way? Haha.
[/quote]

I actually was planning on going to the Swap Meet on Thursday anyway, so maybe I'll see ya there ^-^

SOawesomeness

Heels, cosplay, makeup/face stuff, like, or or two pairs of regular street clothes and.... that's pretty much it. ;D
A large duffle bag for me~~ (:

Can't WAITTTT :DD
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Yatta Dante

QuoteHello ladies. Look at your man, now back at me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped using ladies' scented bodywash and switched to Old Spice he could smell like he's me.

Congratulations, you basically just quoted my entire skit for the Fanime Masquarade Contest. Lmao
~Yatta Dante

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Yatta Dante on May 25, 2011, 05:11:16 AM
QuoteHello ladies. Look at your man, now back at me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped using ladies' scented bodywash and switched to Old Spice he could smell like he's me.

Congratulations, you basically just quoted my entire skit for the Fanime Masquarade Contest. Lmao
My expectations for Masquerade have now been raised. It better be good. ;D
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Yatta Dante on May 25, 2011, 05:11:16 AM

So who's the copycat? HMMMMM?!
Swap meet staff - 2014

xichisex

I just finished packing! :D My friend who isn't even cosplaying has one x-large suitcase, and a smaller, but still large one with just shoes. SHOES. :|

Me, who is cosplaying three things, has one large suitcase with all my cosplay stuff including shoes, cosplays, wigs, accessories. Then another, smaller suitcase with clothes not for cosplaying in as well as normal shoes, and then a smaller suitcase even with all make-up, hair supplies, deodorant, clippers for wigs in case, hairsprays, hair gels, contacts, and other random stuff. THEN! I have a little stand up bag that has things like lotion and facial cleansers that have dispenser tops that I don't trust having in my suitcase in case something presses on them and they crap goes everywhere.

:D And we are staying in a house fully supplied of all bath needs we require and beds. 30 minute drive down 101 to get to the convention center, but its worth it, plus free meals!

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

lady_tomoko

Me being the wonderful procerastinator I am, is still packing :D  I've got basically everything packed, it's just the little things that need to be packed now. Im frantically cleaning my apartment so I don't come back to a huge mess XD