Weird day.

Started by Tony, May 21, 2011, 11:31:07 PM

Tony

Yeah, the forums aren't my livejournal, but... what a weird day.

First, today is supposed to be the end of the world. Didn't believe it, but I felt off all day.

Second, making preparations to announce the new chair. That's just weird, because I've been breathing Fanime for three years, but now it's time to step back. Totally relieved to have a replacement, though!

Third, confirming Yoshiki. Him coming is one of those good problems to have, and I'm just amazed anyone at that level even knows who we are. Given all the circumstances surrounding his stop, I'm just amazed and honored.

Fourth, mid-way through the meeting... Vic Mignogna shows up. Like, what? We wanted to bring him this year, but he had schedule conflicts. But there he is, saying hi to everyone, wishing us luck. What a nice guy! And he, like, ate a cookie that my wife and I baked!

All kinds of random events in between.

FanimeCon is just plain surreal sometimes.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

otakuya

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2011, 11:31:07 PM
Fourth, mid-way through the meeting... Vic Mignogna shows up. Like, what? We wanted to bring him this year, but he had schedule conflicts. But there he is, saying hi to everyone, wishing us luck. What a nice guy! And he, like, ate a cookie that my wife and I baked!
Srsly?! Awesome!

SOawesomeness

Hahaa I heard about Vic. Fanime is definitely getting bigger and bigger. (:
Wish I went to the meeting, but I guess school is more important or whatever. :V
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

KuroNek0

...Yoshiki...WHAT?!