Late Night Pleasures?

Started by xichisex, May 22, 2011, 09:40:02 AM

xichisex

My friend and I love going to Yaoi Bingo and the Yaoi videos they show next to the Hentai Night room. I haven't found any of that on the master schedule though. Not this year? D:

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

sysadmin

It's coming, for sure.

I'm trying to work with the right departments to finalize their schedule, but both events are happening.

xichisex

oh, okay thank you. It's one of the things my friend and I look to forward to every year. :]

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

kookiekween99

Is Yaoi Bingo 18+? Different friends give me different answers.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

xichisex

It was last year I believe. Im sure I had to whip out my ID. Guys were gettin' stripped. :3

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

sysadmin

SOawesomeness

Quote from: xichisex on May 22, 2011, 02:30:48 PM
It was last year I believe. Im sure I had to whip out my ID. Guys were gettin' stripped. :3
Woah, lolwhut? I've never gone to this, maybe I should start? Hahaha.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Wabbit98

It is 18+, there was a printing mistake last year that showed it only as 16+.  But it is most definitly 18+.
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second

FanFicGuru

Too bad no Yuri bingo... :'(
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Xeluu

There have been discussions in the past of why they don't have a Yuri Bingo. I seem to recall one of the reasons being too much worry for the girls involved, since most of the Yaoicon Bishies can take care of themselves.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

SOawesomeness

Err.... so can someone kinda explain this event? o:? I'm a little confused. o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Xeluu

Sure! So, as it's explained, the game is bingo, where it's 50 cents per bingo card, or 5 for $2.00. The game is played normally until someone gets a bingo, at which point everyone groans (it's true!) and they get their card checked. If they are a winner, they go up, draw a capsule/number out of a box, which relates to a prize. The prize is given and then either A) they get to choose which Bishie they want to strip (this was one year, they've got mostly back to the other option) or B) (more likely) they draw a name out of a box, and said Bishie strips a piece of their costume off/has another Bishie strip them.
This continues until they're down to their skivvies, time runs out, or they run out of prizes.

After each round, the cards that have been used are collected. Write your name on the back, and at the end, they raffle off the remaining prizes via bingo cards. So even if you didn't win you still stand a chance of winning!

Also note, O 69 automatically means each Bishie has to go up and remove an article of clothing.

There will be much cheering/cameras flashing/etc at the event.
2016 Cosplay Plans

SOawesomeness

LOL! I'm surprised I never heard of this before, haha. Definitely got to check this event out this year. :3
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

zeroelement

Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Xeluu

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10782.0.html
There's the old thread on the concept of Yuri related events. The second page really brings up the points of why something like Yuri bingo wouldn't work.
2016 Cosplay Plans

zeroelement

Quote from: Xeluu on May 23, 2011, 12:58:26 PM
There's the old thread on the concept of Yuri related events. The second page really brings up the points of why something like Yuri bingo wouldn't work.
yea i agree that the girls are at more of a risk. I think the main reason why we guys want it is because we dont think its fair the yoai is so common at fanime while yuri is only sold on DVD and no manga or yuri events. I think if more yuri events and other things happened it wouldnt be a problem. But without it guys (yes im male to) will eather say yuri strip bingo to or not do both. I saw yuri bingo is 100% ok just take out the problem no REAL girls getting nakied and yuri prizes.

Ok more on topic. GL at bingo!!! i can assure you i wont be there unless i get riped in 2.5 hours and stay that way and become one of the guys.

xichisex

Quote from: zeroelement on May 23, 2011, 01:30:16 PM
yea i agree that the girls are at more of a risk. I think the main reason why we guys want it is because we dont think its fair the yoai is so common at fanime while yuri is only sold on DVD and no manga or yuri events. I think if more yuri events and other things happened it wouldnt be a problem. But without it guys (yes im male to) will eather say yuri strip bingo to or not do both. I saw yuri bingo is 100% ok just take out the problem no REAL girls getting nakied and yuri prizes.

Ok more on topic. GL at bingo!!! i can assure you i wont be there unless i get riped in 2.5 hours and stay that way and become one of the guys.
I don't know. I personally consider the Maid Cafe yuri enough. The staff have said completely that there would never be a Host Club, but they allow the girls to serve men instead of ever having men serve women. Though they girls are naked or hitting on each other it is still one of the only female events at fanime.

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

zeroelement

Quote from: xichisex on May 23, 2011, 04:07:42 PM

I don't know. I personally consider the Maid Cafe yuri enough. The staff have said completely that there would never be a Host Club, but they allow the girls to serve men instead of ever having men serve women. Though they girls are naked or hitting on each other it is still one of the only female events at fanime.

Na i think guys are allowed to join but they have the were the maid outfit. And they are naked and hitting on each other WAAA the year i went all i got was a sandwich they put on a table infront of me and said enjoy

xichisex

Quote from: zeroelement on May 23, 2011, 05:36:47 PM

Na i think guys are allowed to join but they have the were the maid outfit. And they are naked and hitting on each other WAAA the year i went all i got was a sandwich they put on a table infront of me and said enjoy
Guys are not allowed to join in at the Maid Cafe. Even if they crossdress. It isn't a crossdressing cafe, it's a FEMALE maid cafe. There is another name for a crossdressing cafe. Can't quite remember it, but it was talked about on Sankaku. And my maid didn't do that at all. Or rather maids. ;3 They gave me food, walked me to the table, I ate a few bites while she walked away and let my friend and I chat, then came back and bowed and asked if we wanted to play a game. We said yes, then we played little board games with her like, "Pop the Pirate" and "Pop the Dragon". :D It was fun. Then we took pictures with her and she walked us out.

The difference between a host club and a maid cafe are always going to be different. They are not alike in any way. A host Club hires men who intentionally flirt with the customers to get their temperatures rising. While a maid cafe is merely cutesey which is why some can find it erogenous. The maids don't flirt, but rather give out the adorably outrageous cute factor to make their customers happy, not horny, happy. A HOSTESS club on the other hand is like as host club, but that's far too dangerous for Fanime to ever do because in a hostess club some men are allowed to touch women and they are dressed extremely provocatively. Now a hostess club is also not a strip club.

The whole reason Fanime doesn't want something like a host club or a female/yuri bingo is because it holds a risk of danger. There are some people at fanime, that I know from experience, that are downright creepy and touchy. I've had people randomly come up and hug me and to me that is frightening. Especially if they grab you from behind and hug around your chest, or hug you from the front and squeeze you tightly. It hard for girls to get hugs without her chest being involved because to me the lower the guys hands are when he hugs a stranger, the creepier it is. Now this is just my personal opinion. So to have a yuri bingo who knows what kind of creeper watching could, perhaps, stalk to girl to her room later, or if she is at the convention alone, walk to her car later, and some guy tries to hit on her and such. That isn't acceptable and unlike the men they can't always defend themselves. Or if she is walking around the con' in general and the same guy keeps following her and taking pictures of her without her permission.

Okay, now for the host club thing. A lot of girls, even I, agree that a host club would be a wonderful idea, however, even though the men can defend themselves and such, the idea of being hit on and then told to leave probably isn't the best self-esteem booster for most woman and I think the fanime people probably recognize that. Unlike the maid cafe where girls don't hit on the boys, but instead just act cute and giggle, the boys in a host club usually touch girls hands, say sweet things to them to make them all giddy and get their temperature up. Fanime isn't about that. Unless it is in the Hentai/Yaoi night stuff, but even there, there isn't someone personally going around and touching you. AND a lot of girls don't have boyfriend at fanime and vice-versa to men, so to have a host club for women who have no boyfriends, some could be just as creepy as men and stalk them too.

And also.. A half naked man isn't the same as a half naked woman. Men can show their chest, women can't. Even though it's practically equal to wearing a bathing suit, the idea of guys taking pictures of the half naked girls and posting them on the internet after the yuri event is also a huge concern because this would be invading privacy. And... I can't think of too many girls who would willingly let their pictures be taken in their underwear at fanime and let you post them on the internet or have you keep them as keepsakes. It's just wrong.

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

zeroelement

Quote from: xichisex on May 24, 2011, 09:43:12 AM
Quote from: zeroelement on May 23, 2011, 05:36:47 PM

Guys are not allowed to join in at the Maid Cafe. Even if they crossdress. It isn't a crossdressing cafe, it's a FEMALE maid cafe. There is another name for a crossdressing cafe. Can't quite remember it, but it was talked about on Sankaku. And my maid didn't do that at all. Or rather maids. ;3 They gave me food, walked me to the table, I ate a few bites while she walked away and let my friend and I chat, then came back and bowed and asked if we wanted to play a game. We said yes, then we played little board games with her like, "Pop the Pirate" and "Pop the Dragon". :D It was fun. Then we took pictures with her and she walked us out.

The difference between a host club and a maid cafe are always going to be different. They are not alike in any way. A host Club hires men who intentionally flirt with the customers to get their temperatures rising. While a maid cafe is merely cutesey which is why some can find it erogenous. The maids don't flirt, but rather give out the adorably outrageous cute factor to make their customers happy, not horny, happy. A HOSTESS club on the other hand is like as host club, but that's far too dangerous for Fanime to ever do because in a hostess club some men are allowed to touch women and they are dressed extremely provocatively. Now a hostess club is also not a strip club.

The whole reason Fanime doesn't want something like a host club or a female/yuri bingo is because it holds a risk of danger. There are some people at fanime, that I know from experience, that are downright creepy and touchy. I've had people randomly come up and hug me and to me that is frightening. Especially if they grab you from behind and hug around your chest, or hug you from the front and squeeze you tightly. It hard for girls to get hugs without her chest being involved because to me the lower the guys hands are when he hugs a stranger, the creepier it is. Now this is just my personal opinion. So to have a yuri bingo who knows what kind of creeper watching could, perhaps, stalk to girl to her room later, or if she is at the convention alone, walk to her car later, and some guy tries to hit on her and such. That isn't acceptable and unlike the men they can't always defend themselves. Or if she is walking around the con' in general and the same guy keeps following her and taking pictures of her without her permission.

Okay, now for the host club thing. A lot of girls, even I, agree that a host club would be a wonderful idea, however, even though the men can defend themselves and such, the idea of being hit on and then told to leave probably isn't the best self-esteem booster for most woman and I think the fanime people probably recognize that. Unlike the maid cafe where girls don't hit on the boys, but instead just act cute and giggle, the boys in a host club usually touch girls hands, say sweet things to them to make them all giddy and get their temperature up. Fanime isn't about that. Unless it is in the Hentai/Yaoi night stuff, but even there, there isn't someone personally going around and touching you. AND a lot of girls don't have boyfriend at fanime and vice-versa to men, so to have a host club for women who have no boyfriends, some could be just as creepy as men and stalk them too.

And also.. A half naked man isn't the same as a half naked woman. Men can show their chest, women can't. Even though it's practically equal to wearing a bathing suit, the idea of guys taking pictures of the half naked girls and posting them on the internet after the yuri event is also a huge concern because this would be invading privacy. And... I can't think of too many girls who would willingly let their pictures be taken in their underwear at fanime and let you post them on the internet or have you keep them as keepsakes. It's just wrong.

agreed