Suggestion for next year

Started by acostory, May 22, 2011, 09:40:27 AM

acostory

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say please don't put the main events at the same time! I have a great deal of friends who are disappointed that they cannot attend both the masquerade and the Black and White Ball. I know that the staff works very hard to come up with the schedules each year, and I greatly appreciate their work, but this is a major issue.

otakuya

I can vouch for Fanime to say that it's really gonna be near impossible to schedule things without clashing (especially main events), cuz there's so many things going on.

M

Quote from: acostory on May 22, 2011, 09:40:27 AM
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say please don't put the main events at the same time! I have a great deal of friends who are disappointed that they cannot attend both the masquerade and the Black and White Ball. I know that the staff works very hard to come up with the schedules each year, and I greatly appreciate their work, but this is a major issue.
What Otakuta says is true. There's only so much programming we can spread out without it overlapping. We do review our programming schedule every year and make adjustments as necessary, but sometimes overlapping events have to happen.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

PyronIkari

Quote from: acostory on May 22, 2011, 09:40:27 AM

We always get people that say this and they never off a way to(note, because it's impossible to). Okay. With you. You would like to attend masquerade and black and white ball, but  they are at the same time. How do we fix it? Ok... let's move B&W Ball to Saturday... that... works right? OH NOS But now... B&W Ball is at the same time as musicfest. WHAT WILL WE DO NOW? People will complain that they want to go to musicfest and B&W Ball. Ok... let's move MusicFest to Friday. That way they don't conflict right? But now everyone that doesn't get to the convention until Saturday because they have jobs/school cannot attend musicfest because of real life. The majority of attendees don't come until saturday, but separating it will make some people happy?

No matter how it is scheduled it is impossible to please everyone and impossible to allow everyone to go to every event they would like to go to. Just try your best to schedule it to go to the ones you want to go to the most.

pokkypok

I think scheduling main events at the same time also helps to control the crowds at both, so everyone isn't going to the same event.
Maybe split your time between the two?

ewu

B+W is scheduled to run longer than Masquerade.....not directly conflicting...problem solved....thread locked.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom