Rules Question - sandals?

Started by ravaznlov, May 22, 2011, 02:46:06 PM

ravaznlov

This is the most minor question ever but all of my guy friends wanted to make sure:

Are guys allowed to wear sandals during the convention?

I'm pretty sure guys can wear sandals .___.

mod edit: title

Tony

It is ok.

[chair hat off]But if he is wearing socks with his sandals, this is illegal. See section XIV of the municipal Fashion codes, under "Crimes Against".[/chair hat off]
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

kookiekween99

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2011, 03:03:14 PM
It is ok.

[chair hat off]But if he is wearing socks with his sandals, this is illegal. See section XIV of the municipal Fashion codes, under "Crimes Against".[/chair hat off]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7En0z2A38c
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Kaycea

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2011, 03:03:14 PM
It is ok.

According to the "Rules of fashion" wearing sandals with socks puts you in the top tier for "UNDATE-ABLE" ;)
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

Melly

LOL;

well

i HATE not wearing socks :C

so yes, i wear socks with my sandals :c but i have cute socks so it makes up for it :D...

as for the question, yeah guys can wear sandals o-o why wouldn't they be able too D:?

Kaycea

Quote from: Melly on May 23, 2011, 01:42:34 AM
LOL;

well

so yes, i wear socks with my sandals :c but i have cute socks so it makes up for it :D...

as for the question, yeah guys can wear sandals o-o why wouldn't they be able too D:?

Well if it was an issue of "Stank-foot" I could see why not>,>. But I guess it's always possible to avoid them if that is the case...or yell "Eewww!!" at them and run.

P.S. Cute socks(or kneesocks) do have the power to offset the taboo of "sandals with socks". If done correctly it can be a beautiful thing....and if not.... :-X
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

zeroelement

LOL;

well

Socks rule the world. But really the sock and sandle rule is a peir pressure thing. Some people do it some dont
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Melly

Quote from: Kaycea on May 23, 2011, 07:18:59 AM
LOL;

well

Well if it was an issue of "Stank-foot" I could see why not>,>. But I guess it's always possible to avoid them if that is the case...or yell "Eewww!!" at them and run.

P.S. Cute socks(or kneesocks) do have the power to offset the taboo of "sandals with socks". If done correctly it can be a beautiful thing....and if not.... :-X

Teehee :D well also i have like.. REALLY SMALL FEET. i still wear kid size shoes ._.;; (the newest pair of shoes i bought were a SIZE FOUR in the little kids shoe section at target D:)

so not only do i have cute socks, but i also have adorable tiny feet :D... that dont stank :D! LOL

0oO0ooOOo0