ID question

Started by zeroelement, May 23, 2011, 12:31:12 PM

zeroelement

I recently lost my wallet (with money in it TT_TT) and i got a replacement Temp ID drivers licensee. It says my name on it and when i was born (Age). Will that work as an id? (i got it from the DMV and no were on it says not valid as an id)
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Kyra_Maverick

You should email reg and let them know whats going on. That way you dont hold up the line behind you or possibly get rejected.

Registration at fanime.com

zeroelement

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 23, 2011, 01:41:33 PM
You should email reg and let them know whats going on. That way you dont hold up the line behind you or possibly get rejected.

Registration at fanime.com

did just asking here because mods might know. I think it will work for 18+ event and proof that im me. but wanted to make sure and i sent an email to the reg people already.

Xeluu

For the 18+ events you may have an issue. I know in past years they'd sent a few people to ConOps, and then ConOps had to clear them through, but that was a few years back. You may want to find/e-mail the specific section of staff that deals with IDing for the 18+ events. (Not sure who that is, you'll probably want to wait for a mod/staffer to direct you.)
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

ewu

As per Rovers - its a borderline issue. If there was a photo, it will go in your favor. There are other considerations: how old you look, the condition of the actual paper, in state, etc.... You may also be sent to higher-ups to confirm.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

What Eric said.

Rovers at the door will make a judgement call but the paper (I.E. does it feel like printed paper), the state of issuance, the photo on the paper (Does it look like it was taken at the DMV or a college dorm room), etc. will be considered.

If you need to, ask for Steve.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

zeroelement

Quote from: ewu on May 23, 2011, 02:13:53 PM
As per Rovers - its a borderline issue. If there was a photo, it will go in your favor. There are other considerations: how old you look, the condition of the actual paper, in state, etc.... You may also be sent to higher-ups to confirm.
California gots the decal and seal and whatnot even the back page stuff made today.