24 Hour Comic

Started by FullMetalDonut, May 23, 2011, 04:02:09 PM

FullMetalDonut

We in the artist alley should run a 24 hour comic. Only instead of a number of artists all working on a different comic, we have 24 artists working consecutively each hour on one comic. It may be a copyright nightmare, but we could have the con make copies and sell the result for charity. We should probably have a theme and a fixed number of characters as a sort of foundation. I could help organize it if anyone is interested.

chan

Wow, sounds like a great idea. You'd want to screen your artists beforehand to make sure all 24 have the potential to draw something interesting in the 1 hour. Probably gag type comics would be easier / more realistic

If you did it early enough, you could potentially auction the result off in the Charity Auction (even if you want to make copies, you can auction the original)

chan

What might be more fun / interactive is to make this an open event with the artists ultimately deciding what to include/draw, but anyone passing through can look at the comic so far and provide suggestions for future direction (maybe with a moderator to prevent chaos). I guess that's approaching Nanamine from Bakuman's approach, but this is a new way of making a comic anyway.

BTW, I'm also happy to help organize, though I unfortunately can't draw :)

FullMetalDonut

I know that whatever results will be as crazy as a mad lib. Perhaps we make it a "fill in the blank" comic where we start with one artist doing a few panels that seem closely non sequitor but other artists can fill in the blanks.