Where is the "E-Postcard" needed to pick up the badge?

Started by RowanRavensong, May 24, 2011, 09:12:03 AM

RowanRavensong

I was told when I go onto my account that there should be an EPostcard, I do not see one. I was told that I need this to pick up my badge, and that it would be up by well yesterday.

FanFicGuru

I have heard through the grapevine that they may in fact not be doing the postcards this year. As long as you are there with a valid ID you will be fine.

Of course, I would await official reply from a registration staffer or email registrationATfanimeDOTcom to confirm what is going on. :)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Rin_chan

I asked the same question on sunday and was told that 1) it could be up as early as monday (obviously it wasn't) or as late as wednesday. Or 2) might just be canceled and we'd only need our ID's to pick up badges, so I'm just waiting one more day until I start wondering what'll happen.

I've also heard that even if it is posted we can pick up badges without it, it just takes a bit longer. I know the staff members are probably running around frantically getting last minute stuff taken care of, so I understand that it's taking some time to get it out to us. 

RowanRavensong

Oh ok... thanks. I mean would it help if I print the invoice? because it DOES have the number on there

Rin_chan

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 24, 2011, 10:56:02 AM
Oh ok... thanks. I mean would it help if I print the invoice? because it DOES have the number on there

It might help, I'm not sure since I'm not a staff member, but if the postcard doesn't get sent out then I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case.

M

Quote from: Rin_chan on May 24, 2011, 11:56:23 AMIt might help, I'm not sure since I'm not a staff member, but if the postcard doesn't get sent out then I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case.
Although we do keep good record tracking, it never hurts to have more information on you. This applies to more than just FanimeCon. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

RowanRavensong

Quote from: MPLe on May 24, 2011, 12:33:54 PM
Quote from: Rin_chan on May 24, 2011, 11:56:23 AMIt might help, I'm not sure since I'm not a staff member, but if the postcard doesn't get sent out then I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case.
Although we do keep good record tracking, it never hurts to have more information on you. This applies to more than just FanimeCon. :P

Ah spoken by the keyboard of a Forum Mod. Yeah then, I will take it lol THANKS GUYS! Everyone here has been uber helpful! So thanks again lol.

SpiritOfKairi

I just checked my account, and they do have them up now.  You'll see a large banner saying, "Please print this reminder so we can check you in faster".  Sooo, I'm not sure if the papers are required with that wording, but it would probably be best to bring it all the same =).

Barnes

^ I just got an e-mail pointing that out to me. Yay!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

kookiekween99

"Please print the this reminder form..."

Grammar fail.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Rin_chan

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on May 24, 2011, 05:14:57 PM
I just checked my account, and they do have them up now.  You'll see a large banner saying, "Please print this reminder so we can check you in faster".  Sooo, I'm not sure if the papers are required with that wording, but it would probably be best to bring it all the same =).

I wonder if most of the people brought them if the reg line would go by faster?

RowanRavensong

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Rin_chan on May 24, 2011, 07:11:26 PM
Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on May 24, 2011, 05:14:57 PM
I wonder if most of the people brought them if the reg line would go by faster?
Yeah, I think (but am not absolutely certain) that the point of those is simply to make registration go faster since the paper has your membership ID number on it.  That way they can just punch in the number and viola!  You get your badge (provided you also have a valid government ID to prove who you are of course) =).  I don't know if it saves a significant amount of time, but simply shaving off a minute or so per person/group can certainly add up if the line's long.

Rhornez

i remember for 2009 i brought one of those forgot about 2010

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

The E-Postcards are up.  Log into your Fanime Pre-Reg/Early Reg Account and there is a link for you to click on and print it out to get your badges faster while at Registration.  I am surprised Fanime has not Tweeted a notice on this as of yet.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

RowanRavensong

What time is best to get in line?

I mean I know it can get PRET-TY Long

FanFicGuru

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 25, 2011, 12:44:05 PM
What time is best to get in line?

I mean I know it can get PRET-TY Long

You're not in line yet? >:-)

But seriously, some people are lining up around 11AM-noon tomorrow. Really depends on what you have to do tomorrow. Also keep in mind swap meet doesn't open until 8 so you might have your badge and nothing to do for a little while.
Swap meet staff - 2014

RowanRavensong

Oh MY! People are ALREADY lining up O.o. Duly noted about the time 11ish though hahahaha we wont be like MAJORLY far if we get there about 1:30ish will we?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 25, 2011, 04:51:59 PM
Oh MY! People are ALREADY lining up O.o. Duly noted about the time 11ish though hahahaha we wont be like MAJORLY far if we get there about 1:30ish will we?

I was being silly about people lining up already. :) As long as you get there by early afternoon it will be fine. 1 PM should still get you a decent spot. But again, since it's open to pre AND early reg people the line might be a bit crazy regardless. Haha.

But again, swap meet doesn't open until like 8 PM so not much else to do but wait. :)
Swap meet staff - 2014

RowanRavensong

Oh ok O.o I was gonna say "WAAAAAAOW!" hahahahaha.

ok yeah I didnt want to get there at like anywhere from like from 1:30 to 3:00, and be at the WAAAAAAAAAY end of the line XD