Snacks and food that travels well

Started by AntiVonn, May 24, 2011, 02:24:27 PM

AntiVonn

What kinds of snacks or food are you bringing to Fanime?  I am flying in on Friday and need some ideas that can be packed  in my luggage.

Mango Bunny

Chips! I love bringing chips and cheesy popcorn. PB+J, crackers + PB, or my favorite FAVORITE is rick cakes with PB+J. MM!

Anyway.

Granola, trail mix, nuts, dried fruits, fresh fruits, jerky

That's just off the top of my head.

BunofGovt

I've packed those little tuna mixes that come with crackers on my business trips in my suitcase.  I think I've seen them as ham and chicken mixes, too, if you can handle eating them.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

LadyGlitterbow

Anything that just needs hot water to be made. I got some oatmeal and to-go mac and cheese. Offers a variety from the usual con diet of pocky and instant ramen. I also have some cans of tuna cause I love it so much! Just need to pack a can opener!

otakuya

In my bag: trail mix, dried cherries, Slim Jims, Powerade, Claritin, Tylenol

Rhornez

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 24, 2011, 02:27:54 PM
Chips! I love bringing chips and cheesy popcorn. PB+J, crackers + PB, or my favorite FAVORITE is rick cakes with PB+J. MM!

Anyway.

Granola, trail mix, nuts, dried fruits, fresh fruits, jerky

That's just off the top of my head.
all this
also poptarts =juice and chips that have less salt than usual i reccomend jerky and fruit

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

AntiVonn

Thanks for the tips.  They are all great ideas.
Have any of you used the in room coffee maker to cook ramen?

otaku_duckie

@anti LOL yes XDD i actually plan on doing it this year too. 8D yay for being cheap!

also i packed nutella and crackers for my trip XD
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Charis

Peanut butter and rice cakes (snack or breakfast), pretzels (for replenishing salt if you get dried out -- though it looks cool enough this weekend that may not be an issue), sometimes dried fruit and/or nuts, fresh fruit, granola bars.  I'll usually wind up baking something (oatmeal cookies, muffins, etc.) that is a bit of a sweet and a bit of a hearty snack together.  We don't tend to eat meals in the room, so the stuff is more of a snack/emergency supply.

(And chocolates, but those aren't part of the usual room food. XD )
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

saya-chan-7

i would pack ramen, usualy hotels have a coffee maker so doing this is easy. oatmeal is also a good choice as well. but there is also a way to make bacon and eggs with a iron and some alluminum. dont think on it to hard  :P