Questions about IDs!

Started by xichisex, May 24, 2011, 08:46:43 PM

xichisex

My friend told me just today that her driver's license expired and Fanime is too soon to be able for her to go to the DMV to get a knew one! She has a photocopy of a more recent picture of her that the DMV took that has her date of birth and such on it! If she can bring that and the drivers license and say even a school ID can she still get in!? D: I'm really worried! She didn't even realize it expired until she went to go get some vodka [She's 21] and they declined to sell her any because her card is expired. She IS registered and I am too and we have been since February and if she can't get her badge because of it I don't know what we will do!

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

chifunii

Does she have a passport? If she does, that'd resolve all problems.

I don't think they'll take expired IDs...though I have no say in this. :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Kyra_Maverick

The folks in reg aren't heartless. Have your friend email about the issue and they should be able to work something out.

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

xichisex

She's never been outside of the country before, so she's never had a reason to get a passport. Maybe I should email a member of the Fanime team personally and ask?

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 24, 2011, 09:14:23 PM
The folks in reg aren't heartless. Have your friend email about the issue and they should be able to work something out.

Their address being registration at fanime.com

xichisex

It seems that only I need an ID? Yes?

You have registered multiple people, so remember that you, the group leader, must be present to pick up the badges for the group.

As the group leader, you will be REQUIRED to have a valid government-issued photo ID!

If you do not have one, please make the necessary arrangements to obtain one prior to the convention, or work with someone in your group who has a valid government-issued photo ID and see if they would be willing to assume the leadership roll.

I /am/ group leader after all. So my friend should be okay then yes? She just can't drink anything even if Fanime sold alcoholic beverages.

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

cr08

Like Kyra_Maverick mentioned above: Reg staff aren't heartless. It isn't like they are cops busting you for driving with an expired license. The ID is merely to put a name to a face and proof that you are you. They could care less about the expiration date. Though just for good measure, do email them. But my guess is their official response will be about the same. Especially if the expiration was relatively recent.

kookiekween99

If you are group leader, and she is in your group, you're fine. Only group leader needs to have an ID.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

RowanRavensong

if you are still worried... or have ANY dram of doubt shoot an email to Fanime Reg... [email protected]
They are SO helpful.

SOawesomeness

Okay; there are two ways where someone can get their badge.

1.) Have a valid government issued photo ID.
2.) Have a parent/legal guardian that hold a valid government issued photo ID to vouch for them.

Hopefully this will reduce the crazy amounts of e-mails we are getting. ><~
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook