Airport transportation?

Started by Fuzzy, May 25, 2011, 11:21:58 AM

Fuzzy

Hey does anyone know if:

A) the convention hotel(s) offer shuttle service from/to the airport
B) if A = "no" if theres SuperShuttle service in San Jose
C) if A AND B = No, @ how much cab fare is from the airport to the convention center

hmmmm...sensing a trend here?  Guess who needs to figure out how he's gettin from the Airport to the con?   ;)

Persona

Lady_Hoshi

I don't know about super shuttle but,

there is a public transportation shuttle that is free, it drops you off at the light rail station

http://www.vta.org/schedules/SC_10.html

then the light rail has a stop right in front of the convention center which only costs $2 for a one way ride for an adult.

http://www.vta.org/schedules/SC_901.html
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown

AntiVonn

I took a cab from the San Jose airport last year. The fare was about $25. 
Is anyone else flying into San Jose Friday afternoon? Perhaps we could cut costs by sharing a cab.

Mango Bunny

If you have time I'd definitely check the hotels' websites, or even just call them.

ETA: Hotels are really really friendly and helpful. Don't be scared!

Nosferatu

The bus line + lightrail is going to be your friend in this case. They run pretty consistently on weekdays, less so on weekends.
Fanime 2014: Mass Effect fem!Shep still incomplete. No cosplay this year.

lonemeditater

You can take the free airport shuttle to a lightrail stop (i forget which one it is specifically) and that light rail stop just after the 1st and Santa Clara stop is within walking distance to the convention center, although it might be awkward carrying luggage that distance...
I'm me and I exist...

Fuzzy

AWESOME SAUCE!

Thanks for all the advice/info!  I might have a ride from the airport tomorrow, but on the chance that i wont, i wanted to know my options otherwise.  Thanks again everyone! :)