World of Darkness Game

Started by Tanthaturialis, May 26, 2011, 02:50:04 AM

Tanthaturialis

I will be at fanime on Saturday, maybe Sunday.  During this time I'll probably be running a World of Darkness game, if you're experienced with the system that will be helpful to speed the character creation along; if not, don't worry I can help you do so, just actually have role playing experience.  If you want to talk to me, with any questions or you want to pre-approve a character, just let me know.  I apologize for this being so late, just finished my finals not too long ago. 

I'm allowing people to play any of the New World of Darkness Archetypes (Changeling, Vampire, Werewolf, ...etc), except Geist, unless you have a good story.  Prometheans need to be able to provide a plausible reason for how they came to be.  Unlike in D&D, 'a wizard did it' doesn't cut it.  If you want to play a 'normal' human, I'd really prefer you take the 'Dark Hero' in the Mirrors book.  The other Archetypes, like Dhampir are also fine. 

The Setting:

Picture yourself in a vast city, similar to Gotham City in Batman Beyond (without batman and villains).  The story will take place in this city.  There are no vampires, no hunters, no mages, prometheans, werewolves, or other supernatural beings.  The mob and the police are at a standstill.  Violent gangs roam the streets.  Mankind in this world are going about their daily lives, feeling like something in their lives is missing.  Then something changes, and the games begin.  The whole world is turned upside-down. 

You will not need to make yourself as a normal human, just your supernatural one, you will only be roleplaying the normal human part of the story.  Also I require all players to have a flaw.  These flaws can range from serious detriments to obscure/obscene/ironic.  An example would be a vampire who is afraid of the dark.  Hilarious yes, detrimental yes, and I will give you a lot of bonuses in character creation for stuff like that.  You do not get to use this example.  Here is my email, contact me if you have any questions.

[email protected]

tanntrum

I'll be there. Starting exp? OWoD or NWoD?

Tanthaturialis

nWoD.  35 experience points to start with. 

tanntrum

You will have 1 player for sure, you may have up to 2 more depending on when you start. I'm looking to play a mage, one friend might either be a giest or a mage with me.

Tanthaturialis

I will be in the games room at 10pm Saturday.  I'll also be wearing a black T-Shirt with Ghost Nappa on it.  So if you see me there then or earlier just talk to me.  I'd prefer the mage over the geist for your friend, unless he/she can give me a good reason for his/her predicament and such. 

Tanthaturialis

I'm going to try to be there around 8-8:30 for anyone who wants to start earlier and will bring character sheets for people who don't know what they are going to be. 

tanntrum

Im here at the circle tables.

tanntrum

Didn't see you. Ill be back around 10

Tanthaturialis

Well I was there till 12pm at the circle tables and the Warhammer tables.  I guess we just missed each other.  If you and your friend still want to play, just contact me and I might be able to set something up soon.