Fanime Room Keys

Started by Kyra_Maverick, May 26, 2011, 03:29:33 PM

PunkDrunker

Quote from: MPLe on June 01, 2011, 11:30:23 PM
Also, I'm glad that we were able to bring this to you folks (the members). I was really excited when I first got the proof and it was a really nice surprise that not most of our staff didn't know about. ;) Will this happen next year? Maybe. XD

I thought this was a very awesome extra to do for us attendees! Thank you so much. Something like this makes even just the hotel stay more personalised to the Con. It's little touches like this that keeps Fanime one of the best Cons in my mind. Thanks once again, and let's hope you continue to do these keys for years to come.

M

Just a note, although the Marketing Team led the hotel key project, keep in mind that many other departments and divisions participated. I don't think any of us were more excited than the other.

It'll be hard to top the hotel key cards. Maybe have a staffer cosplaying as one of the five mascots to welcome you guys and gals into your hotel rooms? :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Sen

Quote from: MPLe on June 02, 2011, 12:11:00 AM
Just a note, although the Marketing Team led the hotel key project, keep in mind that many other departments and divisions participated. I don't think any of us were more excited than the other.

It'll be hard to top the hotel key cards. Maybe have a staffer cosplaying as one of the five mascots to welcome you guys and gals into your hotel rooms? :P

Moar FanimeCon donuts.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

M

Quote from: Sen on June 02, 2011, 12:52:13 AM
Quote from: MPLe on June 02, 2011, 12:11:00 AM

Moar FanimeCon donuts.
Also being looked at.

Kanzake

in case you didnt see them all
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Somebody

Quote from: Alyxiane on June 01, 2011, 11:36:09 PM
Also, I'm glad that we were able to bring this to you folks (the members). I was really excited when I first got the proof and it was a really nice surprise that not most of our staff didn't know about. ;) Will this happen next year? Maybe. XD
Oh do please let this happen again for next year! It's a nifty idea that I want to see again. :D

Yes yes! I loved the keys so much! I'd love to see them again next year too!  ;D
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

weirderraindrop

Major kudos to whoever came up with the adorable keys this year! I totally heart the one that I got to keep (the one in the middle pictured above).

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Somebody on June 02, 2011, 07:02:52 PM
Quote from: Alyxiane on June 01, 2011, 11:36:09 PM
Oh do please let this happen again for next year! It's a nifty idea that I want to see again. :D
Yes yes! I loved the keys so much! I'd love to see them again next year too!  ;D
A thousand times ditto!  =D

yukiko_no_niwa

The Hilton had them too! I got to keep it! X3
Past:
CC [Code Geass]
Lightning (B&W Ball) [FF XIII]
2012:
Sice [FF Type-0]

Nyanko

Ya i thought the keys were awesome, but honestly instead of spending money on room keys i would of rather of had my program guide. They were cute but the money could be spent in other and better ways. Personally i think fanime got them because they got tored of hearing con goers complain that since they lost their room key the security deposit was kept and waahh waahh wwahhh, so they got these so that if it was lost it was only money lost to Fanime, not the hotel or so thats what i heard....GOSSIP!! But still, lets pass on the room keys this year.
~Blood for betrayal~
http://nekae.deviantart.com/
Fanime2013
Penelo ff12
Sailor Moon

Dany

Quote from: cbellsoup on January 20, 2012, 12:44:30 AM
Ya i thought the keys were awesome, but honestly instead of spending money on room keys i would of rather of had my program guide. They were cute but the money could be spent in other and better ways. Personally i think fanime got them because they got tored of hearing con goers complain that since they lost their room key the security deposit was kept and waahh waahh wwahhh, so they got these so that if it was lost it was only money lost to Fanime, not the hotel or so thats what i heard....GOSSIP!! But still, lets pass on the room keys this year.

Without knowing how much was spent on the key cards, or for that matter, how much printing costs would have been for the programs, how can one know that it would have been enough to make a difference on whether the programs were printed or not? Just curious, is all.

For me, I actually like the idea of the custom key cards. They serve as a needed item during the convention and a souvenir after, which is a more valuable use of money than just throwing a random swag item at people. It can also serve as an incentive to stay at the host hotels, which makes the hotels happy because they fill the room blocks with guests from the convention. The happier the hotel is, the easier it is for the convention to work with them on next year.

By the way...after poking through the thread, I'm trying to refresh my memory; I swear I remember having a custom key card for our room at the Hilton in 2010. I know I have two, and I thought one was from 2010 and one was fom 2011, but maybe I'm mistaken XD
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Armored-Heart

@cbellsoup and Dany- If memory serves correct, the lack of program guides/schedules was an issue with the printer/publisher company or something, and not just a "oh hey we don't need these anymore." xD;
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Dany

Quote from: Armored-Heart on January 20, 2012, 10:37:44 AM
@cbellsoup and Dany- If memory serves correct, the lack of program guides/schedules was an issue with the printer/publisher company or something, and not just a "oh hey we don't need these anymore." xD;

I thought so too. I didn't remember exactly -what- the problem was, but it was a problem XD
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

M

Quote from: cbellsoup on January 20, 2012, 12:44:30 AM
Getting a replacement keycard does not dip into the security deposit that the hotel keeps for your room. What you heard is wrong and please do not post unverified rumors.

Quote from: Dany on January 20, 2012, 12:14:29 PM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on January 20, 2012, 10:37:44 AM
I thought so too. I didn't remember exactly -what- the problem was, but it was a problem XD
We had program guides... we didn't have schedules, but we're going to have schedules this year. :)

Nyanko

oh my, im so sorry, i will refrain from posting on the forums now and just go back to lurking and keep my opinion to myself. Thank you for putting me in my place.
~Blood for betrayal~
http://nekae.deviantart.com/
Fanime2013
Penelo ff12
Sailor Moon

Armored-Heart

Quote from: cbellsoup on January 21, 2012, 03:27:50 PM
oh my, im so sorry, i will refrain from posting on the forums now and just go back to lurking and keep my opinion to myself. Thank you for putting me in my place.

Dude... Calm down. MPLe was only correcting you to avoid further confusion. No need to be an ass.
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

M

Quote from: cbellsoup on January 21, 2012, 03:27:50 PM
I wasn't trying to "put you in your place" - I was trying to stop any possible spreading of incorrect rumors (when people read these posts and then go on to tell their friends/family/etc.).