printed out schedule?

Started by zeroelement, May 26, 2011, 05:41:49 PM

zeroelement

I and my friends got our badges but no sceduals will there be a printed scedual handed out?
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

kookiekween99

I assume so. The Twitter account posted pictures of the schedule: http://twitpic.com/52tyqw/ http://twitpic.com/52trtc/
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

zeroelement

schedule of when events are are not in there

kookiekween99

If I remember correctly, the actual printed event schedule was available at info desk last year.

zeroelement

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 26, 2011, 07:27:07 PM
If I remember correctly, the actual printed event schedule was available at info desk last year.
I asked them after i posted this apparently they wont have printed out sceduals this year its all online and on the ONE app which could of been made better.

This is defendantly something they shouldn't do again. (the no printed)

kookiekween99

Quote from: zeroelement on May 26, 2011, 07:41:45 PM
I asked them after i posted this apparently they wont have printed out sceduals this year its all online and on the ONE app which could of been made better.

That's... kinda messed up. Especially since I don't have a web-enabled device or a laptop. So I have to either memorize the schedule beforehand or print it out myself?

zeroelement

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 26, 2011, 07:46:00 PM
Quote from: zeroelement on May 26, 2011, 07:41:45 PM

That's... kinda messed up. Especially since I don't have a web-enabled device or a laptop. So I have to either memorize the schedule beforehand or print it out myself?
If you are a cosplayer im going to leave my print out in the cosplay chill zone in the share zone so everyone can look over it.  As long as no one steals it or marks it up it should be there all Convention.

yumicchi88

Quote from: zeroelement on May 26, 2011, 11:10:58 PM

If you are a cosplayer im going to leave my print out in the cosplay chill zone in the share zone so everyone can look over it.  As long as no one steals it or marks it up it should be there all Convention.

Which i think it will be messed with, stolen, and gone by the first day or two... I am currently typing up what I want to see/do. But it is bummer not know other things going on at fanime and miss something exciting.
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Kyra_Maverick

Damn, I was thinking my bag was just missing it. Those pocket style guides were super awesome last year.

Tsu

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 27, 2011, 01:20:38 AM
Damn, I was thinking my bag was just missing it. Those pocket style guides were super awesome last year.

Agreed. I understand this saves time money and trees, but meh, I miss the printed schedule. Last year's minis were sooo handy.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

FanFicGuru

Quote from: foester on May 27, 2011, 03:17:18 AM

Agreed. I understand this saves time money and trees, but meh, I miss the printed schedule. Last year's minis were sooo handy.

No kidding! They got awesome feedback on those too... It's unfortunate that they don't have printed out schedules. There's going to be a lot of miffed people.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

redroses3164

That's what I was thinking too. I was gonna go ask for one at info desk but then I asked around and people didn't have it.

Jelly Soup

The whole 'save time, money and trees' bit gets a tad subverted when you look at the useless full color 'here are the events without the time or location listed' guide that we got instead. How does I priority.  :-\

zeroelement

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 28, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

The whole 'save time, money and trees' bit gets a tad subverted when you look at the useless full color 'here are the events without the time or location listed' guide that we got instead. How does I priority.  :-\
Cost more trees without.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: zeroelement on May 28, 2011, 11:16:55 PM

Cost more trees without.

Pardon?

zeroelement

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 29, 2011, 01:44:19 AM

Cost more trees without.

Pardon?
for every person who dosnt have the phone app will need to print it out. So if 1/4th dont they eather have to print it out or memorize it. So if they do its about a minmal of 16 pages for it and some 26(full scedual takes 26 to add in the special events) .  say 4000 people go The pocket takes about 3-4 pages  so 16000-26000 pages vs 9000-12000 pages.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: zeroelement on May 30, 2011, 01:34:25 AM
Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 29, 2011, 01:44:19 AM

Cost more trees without.

Pardon?
for every person who dosnt have the phone app will need to print it out. So if 1/4th dont they eather have to print it out or memorize it. So if they do its about a minmal of 16 pages for it and some 26(full scedual takes 26 to add in the special events) .  say 4000 people go The pocket takes about 3-4 pages  so 16000-26000 pages vs 9000-12000 pages.

The entire 15 page schedule from last year was condensed into a cheap, easy to read pocket guide that was just under six pages (as I recall, I don't have it on hand at the moment). This is all beside the point that...that wasn't my point. The full color guide is far less useful and more costly for a wide selection of reasons, compared to a simple cutting of folded paper with the entire schedule present. 

Kyra_Maverick

I ended up printing out that 16 page giant schedule 3 times for my roomies who don't have smart phones.

Please bring back the pocket guides!

Mango Bunny

Honestly, the no schedule policy was my LEAST favorite thing about Fanime, and really detracted from the event. I'm the type of person to carry it around and look at what's up if I'm bored. Sometimes I don't see anything I want to go to, but eventually on a whim or if I'm bored enough something will look good. I had a lot of time being on the other side of the con or somewhere else entirely where I didn't want to leave what I was doing or walk all the way over to look at the info desk, so I kind of missed out. I have never missed an FMV contest, but this year I thought it was in the civic center because of the guide, but then it was midday in a video room somewhere I guess. I missed it.

Also, the app was not convenient. I borrowed my friend's iphone and it was.... well, hard to get a good overview with the hour-by hour thing. It would have been good in addition to a printed schedule.

It seriously impacted my fanime experience. I didn't go to one panel this year, unless you count Yoshiki.

eHash

I didn't feel the app was very useful, Colors made it had to read.
The pocket guide was awesome the year before.
The paper copies handed out this year were horrible and hard to read since the times weren't replicated in the event bars.

I felt the very least that could have happened was to have a fixed schedule/program guide at the info desks... when i went to the info desk they didn't have a program guide, a schedule, and the volunteers were clueless.