Has the stores been closing early?

Started by Kupo, May 28, 2011, 07:34:25 PM

Kupo

Artist Alley and Dealers Hall has been closing at 7pm this year. It feels like it's way too early.

I think last year they were closing at 9 or 10. Any reason why it's been closing early?

Akito_starwind

its all ways been 6 or 7. when opening at 10am. that's 9hrs the dealers have to stand and do constant business, trying to wear them out? with more then that?

Himeno

No sane convention will ever have a dealers room open for more then 8-9 hours at a time.
Once you've worked at a convention dealers booth, come back and say you think it should be open longer. ::)

zeroelement

Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Kupo

Guys, relax. I'm not trying to attack the dealers/artist alley business people and I'm not saying open it longer to tire them out, so I don't know where you guys got that from. I just felt like it's been closed earlier than usual. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. That's why I'm asking for clarification. I personally felt like it's been closed later than 7.

Akito_starwind

Ok thats fine, the only way for it to close at 8 or 9 would be to open it later. so right now its 10 to 7, opposed to 11 to 8, or 12 to 9. Its kinda the best balance we can give the room for all. even opening at 11 we would get people asking why so late its oh most lunch time. and a plus for Fanime members is we really try to accommodate the dealers so that we can Keep them happy to come back, and to attract new ones. especially because their are 3 other cons they could hit this weekend other then Fanime, plus one in Canada. So closing at 7 would mean after some quick little covering up there booth they can still make it to a nice restaurant and relax some. I dont know about anyone else but im hungry by 8pm. So sorry if i had to turn you away saying "Its closed we open at 10 tomorrow" 

Kupo

Like I said. I'm not complaining about how long it's opened or requesting it to be longer. I know how people feel working long shifts, I've done it before in the past. I know Fanime is always going to try to accommodate what's best for everyone, I know everyone wants to have rest and relaxation. I don't know why people are still on that case.

But either way, only one person gave me an answer. I asked my friends and they felt like it's been closed earlier as well, but hey it could just be me and/or them. So I'm just looking for more answers.

So for future posters, the question again is... Has the stores been closing earlier this year? NOT Can the stores be open later b/c I'm a heartless man who wants venders to work 12 Hour Shifts.