Missed connections: 2011 edition

Started by questionette, May 29, 2011, 08:24:49 PM

jacktchance

I was sitting down near the dealer's hall on Friday morning.  I was dressed as Kyoya from OHSHC playing cards when I heard a recognizable laugh.  It was a Renge cosplayer with her friend dressed as Princess Bubblegum.  I admit I was a bit sleepy and I couldn't go along with the act when she approached me in character.  I only regret I couldn't record the laugh.  Although it did make one heck of a story when my Mori came back from the restroom and asked why his bag was bright pink.  So, to that Renge, thank you for energizing my Friday morning.

Kupo

Anyone I played Ninja with this year. Though I didn't really talk to anyone except one, maybe you remember me? Maybe become  friends?

I usually played between 8-12am.

Some people I remembered were...

- A blonde girl, dressed in blue. Then the next day wore a beige/tan dress. She had a friend who would help her out.
- A white guy, who someone named Taichi. Ended up calling him that. He had glasses and was always either in the top 6 or in the finals. Every time he made a move in Ninja, he has this tai chi, fluid movement.
- This asian girl, who dressed up in some warrior outfit.
- This white guy, short hair. He would sometimes tell the ninja players to yell out "AYYYYYYYYYYYE"
- A big guy, dressed up as Dr. Mario. For a guy that big, he played pretty well. He was badass and taunted his opponents. There have been two times where I was a victim of his taunts and lost.

Anyway, I wore the yellow and white striped sweater. But one other time I played, I wore a blue and black striped sweater.

renalcul

You were the girl with the fake scaring from castro valley who went to speed dating.

I never got a chance to figure out how we knew eachother.

Also any of the following numbers from speed dating sunday seemed neat. 26, 6, 36, 18, and 16.

And I sat down with a girl on Friday at speed dating when the dude left and you didn't have a partner.

I only had about 3 minutes to talk to any of you, so ya never know

kakashi18

Hi there everyone! I figured I'd try a post here and see if I can find the people I'm looking for. Here's brief descriptions if this is you:

- A guy who played ultimate ninja Sunday night. He said he wasn't in cosplay because his armor broke or something like that. I had him take a picture with me but lost the camera.
- The really nice really friendly Kakashi pictured with me in this photograph. I tried to find him for the rest of the con, but no such luck.
- Another guy who played ultimate ninja Sunday night. He was Asian and wore a green shirt I think.
- A really cool and funny Jiraiya who I met and talked to at the Naruto picnic gathering thing at the park.
- A guy dressed in a Panda suit with a chain who did a 'video-log' with me.
- And the Anchorman guys, because they were so hilarious.

Melly

oh oh!

there was also another person im just curious to know if he's like.. a famous cosplayer.

cause i found him twice and both his cosplays were just amazing.

i saw him as a Squall and as a uh.. Vash /i think thats his name/ i only took the picture of him in Vash cause i was so amazing. LOL; and i didn't even realize it was him till i got close enough to take his picture

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/Melly__Melly/Fanime%202011/FANIME2011122.jpg

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/Melly__Melly/Fanime%202011/FANIME2011110.jpg

but yeah im really curious to know if he has like a website with his gallery or anything.

Jelly Soup

Last year me (Chris) and a friend (Cindy) hung out with a nice person named Savanna, who is now in Kentucky. Sadly, we both forgot to ask for her contact info. Well, I ran into Savanna again this year and, damn it anyway, forgot to ask for contact info again. Savanna, if you read this, Cindy and I would love to chitchat more so please forward me an e-mail if you see this.

NekoMiki

Who is this Doctor Who cosplayer?  (not my flickr, I hope the person doesn't mind)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/azhp/5779142950/in/set-72157626721563959

I only had time to take one picture with him and then had to run off.  I just wanted to tell him how dreamy he looks :<

Rossome

Quote from: Kupo on June 02, 2011, 02:11:24 AM
Anyone I played Ninja with this year. Though I didn't really talk to anyone except one, maybe you remember me? Maybe become  friends?

I usually played between 8-12am.

Some people I remembered were...

- A blonde girl, dressed in blue. Then the next day wore a beige/tan dress. She had a friend who would help her out.
- A white guy, who someone named Taichi. Ended up calling him that. He had glasses and was always either in the top 6 or in the finals. Every time he made a move in Ninja, he has this tai chi, fluid movement.
- This asian girl, who dressed up in some warrior outfit.
- This white guy, short hair. He would sometimes tell the ninja players to yell out "AYYYYYYYYYYYE"
- A big guy, dressed up as Dr. Mario. For a guy that big, he played pretty well. He was badass and taunted his opponents. There have been two times where I was a victim of his taunts and lost.

Anyway, I wore the yellow and white striped sweater. But one other time I played, I wore a blue and black striped sweater.

I also played Ninja at those hours!

I can't remember what I wore on Friday night, but on Saturday I got a pretty huge game going, and I was wearing a grey beanie with a bill and a chuunin vest, along with a dark grey longsleeve and some jeans.  Near the end of that night, I was walking around the circle trying to keep order of turns since it was getting hectic...

Sunday night I didn't play too much, and I played pretty lazily, but I was wearing a black slacks, white button up shirt, black tie, and a black vest with white dragon images printed on it.  (I had just come from Black and White Ball.  lol)

I'm having a bit of trouble remembering your shirts though...I saw a LOT of different colors throughout Fanime. =p
:o

Pengin-san

When I was in the dealer's hall, this guy, who seemed really tall (although, I'm super short, so maybe not) passed me a paper.  I was so curt with him because I thought he was just another person handing out flyers, so when he said "excuse me," all I said was, "what?"  I feel so mean, because when I opened the paper, it said, "Has anyone told you today?  You look beautiful."  He took off so fast, I have no clue what he looks like.  Mysterious man!  If you're reading this, I was the girl with brown hair in a ponytail, a blue jellyfish shirt, and black jeans!  Thank you so much, because that really brightened my day.  I don't hear that too often, and I'm sorry for being so rude.

Also, there was a Decus from Tales of Symphonia: KOR cosplayer who I was amazed with.  I wish we could have chatted, but he was having a photoshoot.  Decus is one of my favorite characters, and I thought you looked just like him :3.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

Tabbychan

Quote from: NekoMiki on June 02, 2011, 11:37:59 PM
Who is this Doctor Who cosplayer?  (not my flickr, I hope the person doesn't mind)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/azhp/5779142950/in/set-72157626721563959

I only had time to take one picture with him and then had to run off.  I just wanted to tell him how dreamy he looks :<

I dunno him either but I danced with him two years ago and I agree with the dreamy part! X3

HakureiSandwih

feistystance

The Doctor Who cosplayer that you are looking is named Dan.  You can join his facebook fanpage by searching for "The Doctor Dan".  Feel free to join, add pictures, and squee as much as you like.  ^-^

Delta

Met this girl during the Black and White Ball on Sunday Night. She was wearing a brown dress roughly 5ft tall. I danced with her for 5 songs straight. If your reading this, I was the guy wear a black vest, tie, pants, fingerless gloves and fedora with a white button up shirt. Searching for the girl on the right on my pic.

questionette

Does anyone know who the hollow Ichigo guy was with the rockin' body?/ did anyone see him?

princesskitty18

lookin for angel, about 5'6, black woman
her first year at fanime and she sat next to me during friday speed dating
met her again saturday mornin wit a friend
saw her a couple of times around the con in the dealers room

we talked sooo much during speed dating..
"this is like one loooong interview"
hit me up plz!! :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

heroblade20

Quote from: questionette on June 03, 2011, 11:45:56 PM
Does anyone know who the hollow Ichigo guy was with the rockin' body?/ did anyone see him?

His name is living Ichigo. He was at Yaoi bingo right? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Ichigo/151836294860509 Thats his fan page.

kimagami takeshi

I won't post on this again unless replied to but I still wish to talk to the Black rock shooter from my original post. I feel like a complete loser for even posting here over it but I've honestly never had my heart skip a beat like that before and felt it was worth a shot. I still hope for it but I don't expect a whole lot, message me if you see this please.

heroblade20

Quote from: kimagami takeshi on June 04, 2011, 06:59:36 PM
I won't post on this again unless replied to but I still wish to talk to the Black rock shooter from my original post. I feel like a complete loser for even posting here over it but I've honestly never had my heart skip a beat like that before and felt it was worth a shot. I still hope for it but I don't expect a whole lot, message me if you see this please.

Now now ^.^ this isn't for losers. Half the fun of going to a con is meeting people. Whats the pont of meeting ppl if you don't see them ever again. *.* Besides your story sounds like a romance anime( Romance anime heroes are usually one step away from stalker anyways :P)! Keep searching for that girl/boy who made your heart skip a beat!:D

kimagami takeshi

QuoteNow now ^.^ this isn't for losers. Half the fun of going to a con is meeting people. Whats the pont of meeting ppl if you don't see them ever again. *.* Besides your story sounds like a romance anime( Romance anime heroes are usually one step away from stalker anyways Tongue)! Keep searching for that girl/boy who made your heart skip a beat!:D

haha thanks, I've kept in touch with a few people I met this year (although it was only my second at fanime), met alot of cool people as well waiting for autographs just hoped this would work  8)

SilentJ

Quote from: Melly on June 02, 2011, 04:32:01 PM
oh oh!

there was also another person im just curious to know if he's like.. a famous cosplayer.

cause i found him twice and both his cosplays were just amazing.

i saw him as a Squall and as a uh.. Vash /i think thats his name/ i only took the picture of him in Vash cause i was so amazing. LOL; and i didn't even realize it was him till i got close enough to take his picture

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/Melly__Melly/Fanime%202011/FANIME2011122.jpg

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/Melly__Melly/Fanime%202011/FANIME2011110.jpg

but yeah im really curious to know if he has like a website with his gallery or anything.

Hahaha!! I'm not famous. Well, at least I don't think so lol

I just recently started using Deviantart again so you can find me there...
http://darksilentj.deviantart.com/