Missed connections: 2011 edition

Started by questionette, May 29, 2011, 08:24:49 PM

questionette

So, two years ago when I last came to fanime I remember a thread being made about people you may have seen or talked to at the con that sparked your interest but perhaps never got their contact info. So, if there's that special someone out there, give a shout out to them here and maybe fate will reconnect you once again!

I personally met someone at saturday night's dance party in the ballroom whom had a panda cap, black hair and some sweet LED gloves :) if you see this, let me know!

Knightfire

I was collecting emails for people who wanted copies of the pictures I took of them. There was a morrigan on saturday afternoon that I took of pictures of. We exchanged contacts but hers did not save on my phone. If you are reading this just send me a PM. Ill also upload to flickr and cosplay.com

Additionally I was the guy who wore a leather jacket both friday and saturday nights, friday at the speed dating and sat at the dance, and I danced horribly.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Necara

godihopethisistherightforum

Met someone crazy legit one night and never got their contact information? Saw a cute honeybunny on the side of the dance floor but was too nervous to say anything?

Post here! Write down some specifics of when you met, what they were wearing, and hopefully that someone will see your post and send a little message your way.

Rules:
Please don't spam this topic.
Please don't creep.
Be awesome.

Necara

To start us off!

There was this one Aladdin cosplayer who I met at the friday speed dating and then saw a bunch of times around the hallways. His name is Kaya/Caya/Kaja/Caja/howdoispellthis ( pronounced kaiyah) He was awesome to say the least.

Then there was another girl with glasses and red hair who wore a tutu/petticoat and tons of kandi and we met so many times but I forgot her name! ;-;sorz
If she sees this, I was with the blue panda guy.

eHash

I'd like to meet the asian girls dressed up in Pajamas at the pajama party and invite them to help out with the pajama party next year :)

redroses3164

Looking for the Panty default cosplayer I was hanging out with on Friday. We did that shoot together with Jace and the Garterbelt cosplayer.

Pic:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2945465/

Please PM if you see this~

kimagami takeshi

I had met this super beautiful black rock shooter cosplayer (http://www.acparadise.com/photographers/60933/6926/0af4eeace7f24447ced48d9cdd333eca.jpg) in the arcade on Saturday (it may have been Sunday, I can't quite remember), she was playing DDR and some of the other movement based games and we chatted a bit but before I could ask if she wanted to chill around the con more  I had to leave with a friend to line up for an autograph session. I ended up going back after but of course she wasn't there. I was dressed as Ragna the Bloodedge and had a wooden sword (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=157699704296763&set=a.157699574296776.39887.100001702041185&type=1&theater). One of my biggest personal let downs this year!  :-\

KuroNek0

I spoke briefly to this girl at the black and white ball. Does anyone know her? :]
She's the one on the left.
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250915_10150208159148844_693868843_6995358_5602842_n.jpg

I was wearing a white lolita-ish outfit.

dragonzita

I took a picture with an awesome Kakashi Cosplayer. I met him on Sunday when he was leaning against the wall, reading an Icha Icha book..
I took a picture with him and later I met him in the dealers hall. The guy in this picture is him (The girl is not me though, but her costume was awesome too!) http://fallonbeaumont.deviantart.com/#/d3hn8qv

My friend has the picture of me and him (I'm wearing a white dress) but I haven't gotten a hold of it yet...

Thank you! I would really like to talk to him again, he was super sweet!

Melly

there was a Rover i was hanging/helping out with at the Marriott Saturday (?) night/sunday morning/ whos name was Kameron/Cameron

he was in a purple shirt with a black hat and had to tell everyone going on the elevators about how 2 of them broke xD and i ended up sitting there for at least an hour waiting for a friend of mine to come back down from the 25th floor D;

yoHmok

She was cosplaying as a maid.  I don't even think I spoke to her, other than to ask for her photo.  This was what she looked like:

- http://komhoy.deviantart.com/#/d3hqgy8

The picture didn't come out that great because she was the shadow.  She seemed like she was in a hurry somewhere and I didn't want to take up too much of her time for another photo.  I just wanted to let her know what she was one of the prettiest girls I'd seen all day that day at the convention.   :-\

Rossome

On Friday night and Sunday night, I saw an Asian girl in a very pretty black dress playing ninja in a very graceful way -- swishing her skirt back and forth with every movement like a cape.  The first night I saw her, she wore a pink wig, and the Sunday night she had short black hair.  I couldn't tell if that was a wig or not.  Sunday night, she was also accompanying an Asian guy who had injured his leg out of the gaming hall. I also saw her passing by the Fairmont on Saturday wearing a similar outfit with a platinum blonde long haired wig.

Whoever you are, Miss, you seemed very cool and I really wish I was able to speak with you those times perhaps hang out!  I hope our paths cross again.  I WILL defeat you at Ninja next time.  >:]
:o

monotone

Quote from: Melly on June 01, 2011, 12:42:43 AM
there was a Rover i was hanging/helping out with at the Marriott Saturday (?) night/sunday morning/ whos name was Kameron/Cameron

he was in a purple shirt with a black hat and had to tell everyone going on the elevators about how 2 of them broke xD and i ended up sitting there for at least an hour waiting for a friend of mine to come back down from the 25th floor D;

We only have one Rover named Cameron, I'll let him know C:
Fanime Rovers
Callsign: Zombie

Necara

Quote from: monotone on June 01, 2011, 12:57:10 AM

YAAAAAY FIRST CONNECTION MAAADE

kohana ichibana

There was a guy in a butler outfit on Monday that was wandering around my table, on his plate he had oreo cookies. He gave one to me and my table mate at AA. This guy probably doesn't know he saved me from starving that day XD. I want to say thank you.

I came to AA right when I woke up Monday so I was starving until the guy with the oreos came I didn't get to eat until AA closed that day. My friends were evil and went off to have breakfast without me while I tended to my table.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Melly

Quote from: Necara on June 01, 2011, 08:55:41 AM
Quote from: monotone on June 01, 2011, 12:57:10 AM

YAAAAAY FIRST CONNECTION MAAADE

DOUBLE YAY THEN! :D!

HakureiSandwih

There was one staffer at fanime who was wearing a Naruto outfit that I need apologize to, as he told me to move out of the way to the side politely twice in the hallway towards the Hilton..I'm very sorry! ><

Xeluu

Quote from: Necara on May 31, 2011, 09:33:49 AM
To start us off!

There was this one Aladdin cosplayer who I met at the friday speed dating and then saw a bunch of times around the hallways. His name is Kaya/Caya/Kaja/Caja/howdoispellthis ( pronounced kaiyah) He was awesome to say the least.

Then there was another girl with glasses and red hair who wore a tutu/petticoat and tons of kandi and we met so many times but I forgot her name! ;-;sorz
If she sees this, I was with the blue panda guy.
Hey, I know that Aladdin, and have told my friend to inform him that you've posted here.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Necara

kaizoku

There was a girl "Shanay" I believe her name was and she goes to school in SF.  She is around 5 ft and has short hair.  I wanted to ask for her contact info but my phone was dead :(