people think that's 'fun'?

Started by Himeno, May 30, 2011, 12:40:54 AM

Himeno

So... who just pulled the fire alarm in the Marriott?

Knightfire

Happened twice. Theres alot of drunk people about so its more than likely they pulled it.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

zeroelement

i left 10 mins before that happend Dang i missed it would of been fun to videotape them getting arrested
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

crystalsoul

i was on the 26th floor looking out the window with my girlfriend when suddenly we saw the doors close O_O  we thought it was a ghost.

then as we rode down the elevator we heard the alarm between the 10th-14th floor

scary

Kupo

Pretty funny moment for me.

I was in the room on my laptop playing "Dancing at the Party" from Nacho Libre. Then the fire alarm went off. We initially got worried and I was glad that I packed up early since it was Sunday Night, so me and my roomies were about to grab our bags.

Then as the fire alarm stopped the lyrics "Everyone is dancing... happy... par...tee." played and we all cracked up. We were cautious and checked outside before we do anything, but it was quiet, so we assumed it was a prank.

Xeluu

Quote from: crystalsoul on May 30, 2011, 08:53:21 PM
i was on the 26th floor looking out the window with my girlfriend when suddenly we saw the doors close O_O  we thought it was a ghost.

then as we rode down the elevator we heard the alarm between the 10th-14th floor

scary
Hey! :D I was the girl upstairs with you waiting for the elevator when the door's slammed shut. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your con!
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

DivineVTDragon

I was taking a shower when.... WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Needless to say, walking down 11 flights of stairs with just shorts and a shirt AND hair still wet is not fun.

heeroyuy135

I stayed at the Marriott, 11th floor.
What fire alarm?

Foxberry

DX Not fun. I was working my panel during that time and it blasted over the speakers and nearly made everyone deaf in the room.

RoseNitemare

For me it was funny overall. It went off just as I was about to fall asleep, and my friends and I were worried, until it said "Attention....*silence*" We cracked up. And our floor (9th) all yelled at the announcer lady when she told us over the intercom that it was a false alarm. It's one of those times I'll always remember. XD

Kertus

Anyone ever figure out who did it or what happened in detail?

This is not something that needs to be repeated in future years.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

DivineVTDragon

Quote from: Kertus on May 31, 2011, 04:23:15 PM
Anyone ever figure out who did it or what happened in detail?

This is not something that needs to be repeated in future years.

Probably drunk and/or high kids. If so, it'll be repeated over and over again until maturity matches their stupidity.

Firefury Amahira

Ugh, that was annoying. My sister and I were in the middle of our panel and had to stop and check with con staff about "So, guys, is that a legit alarm or some dipstick thinking they're being funny?"
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Melly

man, i feel bad for the Marriott and the attendees.

i was helping one of the rovers tell people about how two of the elevators were broken by some ravers.. which i thought was bad enough

but someone pulled the fire alarm too :l.

:c poor Marriott.