How do you pre reg. for next year?

Started by kelley, May 30, 2011, 11:33:55 AM

kelley

I heard from my friend that you can register for next year already for like 25$ on the last day of Fanime. Does anyone know how?

chifunii

It's not $25, but it's possible to pre-reg for 2012 on Monday.
The line started inside, but was continued to the place where the day-of badges were usually sold.

This year it ran from around 9:45/10AM~Noon, and it was $45.

However, if you've missed it, you MIGHT be able to pre-reg at YaoiCon. Not sure, as I've never had the need to do so. :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Tsu

Wish they'd promote this a little more. I never know where to find it or if its happening. Just put it on the schedule, please!
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

chifunii

It's kind of like a special thanks-for-sticking-with-us privilege (though not quite the right word), it's not exactly massively advertised, but the staff DID announce it in the Dealer's Hall multiple times.

The schedule doesn't usually list things like that though, and this year's schedules wasn't distributed very well at all..
Improvements for next year? Definitely.

There will "usually" (I don't want to speak for the staff and such, as I'm not the one calling the shots) be next-year pre-reg on Monday morning.

Tsu

Oh, I knew it was happening, just not where. In some years past I remember hearing it was in the dealer's room; I didn't hear any announcements this year but I couldn't hear over the din in there. Oh well! Maybe next year.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

chifunii

It's been right out front with all the other reg-related lines for a long while now...Though...
You can keep your fingers crossed for pre-reg at YaoiCon later on--the price will still be $45, I believe. :)
It's definitely a price you can't refuse, esp. if you are POSITIVE you're returning the next year.

I was really surprised but the number people that registered full-weekend at-con though. I would've thought that everyone would pre-reg. :O Seemed like there were a lot more people too, not only in the next-year-pre-reg line, but in general as well~ 8D Fanime's growing so big now ; w ;

Alexie828

Don't they offer this pre-reg thing online some time in the autumn for about 3 days? I know they did this year, and that's how I got my ticket for $45.

chifunii

Ooh that's good then! I haven't pre-reg'd online in two years, and the process keeps changing, so I'm not too clear on it anymore.

However, if you pre-reg'd for 2011 last year, it was $40. :)

yumicchi88

I was lining up at pre-reg line this year but the line took forever to move... I gave up after an hour when I only got half way... I had to leave at noon so I wanted to do last min  shopping and all.
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Tony

Not officially speaking, but there are a number of factors which make us decide to host or not host next year's pre-registration at the convention. It's partly why we don't announce it.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

yumicchi88

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2011, 10:06:58 AM
Not officially speaking, but there are a number of factors which make us decide to host or not host next year's pre-registration at the convention. It's partly why we don't announce it.

do you mean to mail out the badge instead again or.... how does that work?

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Alexie828 on May 30, 2011, 07:55:31 PM
Don't they offer this pre-reg thing online some time in the autumn for about 3 days? I know they did this year, and that's how I got my ticket for $45.
Exactly.  I've never done pre-reg for the next year at the convention.  I've always waited until it comes up online (usually in autumn like you said) to get the passes.  But yeah, if you didn't do pre-reg on Monday, just keep your eyes peeled for online registration later on this year and you should be fine.  In all the years I've been going to Fanime (this was my 5th), they've never not done pre-reg through the website.

HunterZero

I've done pre-reg at the Con for every FanimeCon since 2003, but this year was the first I skipped it. The lines were just too long and I'd rather spend my last day doing something fun than waiting hours in line to pre-reg. My limit is about 30 minutes. Granted, I'll probably pre-reg once it is online, but I don't see much reason anymore to pre-reg at the Con anymore.

As silly as it sounds, I used to do it because the earlier you pre-registered, the lower your badge number would be. My all time lowest number one year was 27. About 2 years ago though, they changed the numbering scheme and I ended up in the higher numbers. I know it is silly, but I used to get up early just for that low number.

I'll still keep my last pre-reg slip in my wallet though, just as I have for the last 8 years. It is a bit of a tradition for me, and my wallet doesn't quite feel right if I don't have a FanimeCon pre-reg tag in it.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

yumicchi88

Quote from: HunterZero on June 06, 2011, 09:26:08 PM
I've done pre-reg at the Con for every FanimeCon since 2003, but this year was the first I skipped it. The lines were just too long and I'd rather spend my last day doing something fun than waiting hours in line to pre-reg. My limit is about 30 minutes. Granted, I'll probably pre-reg once it is online, but I don't see much reason anymore to pre-reg at the Con anymore.

As silly as it sounds, I used to do it because the earlier you pre-registered, the lower your badge number would be. My all time lowest number one year was 27. About 2 years ago though, they changed the numbering scheme and I ended up in the higher numbers. I know it is silly, but I used to get up early just for that low number.

I'll still keep my last pre-reg slip in my wallet though, just as I have for the last 8 years. It is a bit of a tradition for me, and my wallet doesn't quite feel right if I don't have a FanimeCon pre-reg tag in it.

Wow, I've been going to fanime since 2003, too! You went to the last Santa Clara Convention Center one then, too?

But, yea, I did at con pre-reg like 2 years ago, and I loved it. The line was almost none, and I got it with no loss of time. But this year.... the line seemed short when I got there 20 min before, but the line didn't move at all... it was like mini steps every 20 min. So as I said above, I waited for an hour and left. I will just work more to get that extra $5 to spend for the online reg.