Schedule Please!!!

Started by kelley, May 30, 2011, 11:35:17 AM

kelley

Next year, could fanime please include an event/panel schedule in their booklet? I couldn't find one anywhere and got hecka confused.

FanFicGuru

This. A million times this. The small booklets from last year were so convenient and awesome and we were bombarding Fanime with such praises for it last year I was honestly baffled when I found out that not only did they not make a comeback, but there were no printed schedules at all. As I mentioned in the feedback thread, I got the idea that a LOT of people were just wandering around aimlessly because they had no idea what was going on except for the main big events.

I think from all the complaints that Fanime has gotten and will receive going forward regarding the schedules that they will make a comeback next year.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kertus

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 30, 2011, 03:09:14 PM
This. A million times this. The small booklets from last year were so convenient and awesome and we were bombarding Fanime with such praises for it last year I was honestly baffled when I found out that not only did they not make a comeback, but there were no printed schedules at all. As I mentioned in the feedback thread, I got the idea that a LOT of people were just wandering around aimlessly because they had no idea what was going on except for the main big events.

I think from all the complaints that Fanime has gotten and will receive going forward regarding the schedules that they will make a comeback next year.

Agree
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

microgamer2vs2

At the very least, put up a giant printed schedule on the wall right in the middle of the convention center.
(X'______') wideface the blog

Tsu

Also agreed. If paper/money is an issue, just ask if the attendee wants one when they pick up their badge, noting that its also online. Some people might not want it, and it'll discourage the zillions of extra copies from being wasted like in 2010.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Rhornez

I was one of those people, I literally wandered to each panel/room to see what was going on it was tedius not knowing whats going on  >:( :'(

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

chifunii

Yes!! Having a hard copy of the schedule is useful beyond all comprehension. It IS a waste of paper (and therefore ungreen) if we had to make one for EVERYONE, since not everyone will want it/need it/use it, but at least have hard copies available to the people who need it.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

.::midnight.maiden::.

YES.
Quote from: foester on May 30, 2011, 06:45:25 PM
Also agreed. If paper/money is an issue, just ask if the attendee wants one when they pick up their badge, noting that its also online. Some people might not want it, and it'll discourage the zillions of extra copies from being wasted like in 2010.
Agreed.

Imagine the look on my face when I did not see that godsend mini-booklet schedule in my reg bag.

I know there can be troubles with panels with all the cancellations and changes, but in the long run, it can totally be useful for large events like musicfest and keeping an eye on the times for the exhibit halls. I always forget how early dealers hall closes :/
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Epika

I agree 100%! Just ask the attendees after receiving their badge if they want a schedule or not.

This was my first Fanime convention so I was so disappointed at the lack of schedules. I had to check out of my dorm room (with no time to print one out) and go straight to a friend's house where she didn't a printer working. Well I still had a good time at the artists alley & dealers hall even when I didn't get a chance to go to any panels...
Animation On Display (AOD) - 2009 & 2010
Fanime - 2011 - 2014
Anime Expo - 2015

Direnkei

i herd from a staff if was a publications  error is why there was no schedules and such so i hope next year they do not go though company again haha also i was thinking a App for smartphone would be cool i used the 3er party condroyd one this year and it was great even had 15 min reminder it would be cool to make that put on the program info and have paper ones as an option too. 

Himeno

Quote from: Direnkei on May 31, 2011, 09:04:26 AM
i herd from a staff if was a publications  error is why there was no schedules and such so i hope next year they do not go though company again haha also i was thinking a App for smartphone would be cool i used the 3er party condroyd one this year and it was great even had 15 min reminder it would be cool to make that put on the program info and have paper ones as an option too. 
I've been told that info desk thought they were coming 'soon', programming said they weren't coming at all and con ops had no idea what was going on.

elflady_2001

A thousand times yes.  I loved the little schedule booklet last year so was shocked that no schedule was available this year.  My daughter and I missed so many things because we didn't know what was going on when and standing at the Information Desk trying to figure out what to do the next day was a little difficult when everyone else was trying to do the same.

lurker9000

We are very aware of the schedule issue and truly sorry :[
ChristopherLee:MusicFest2nd

ewu

What he said ^...

We know and have heard it and will follow up...and so locked:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom