Post Con Depression

Started by crystalsoul, May 30, 2011, 08:56:17 PM

Freeden

Feeling it myself. It's nice to be surrounded by so many friends for such a long period of time. Hard going back to my quiet, normal life.

obliviousedward

I just arrived home from San Jose, but I don't think I was really feeling it until I started reading this thread. XD;;

I may feel it even more tomorrow once I go back to work, but at the same time I'm also feeling pumped just thinking about what I'm planning to do for Fanime '12! ;D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

heartless

yeeah i live in san jose, and felt like everytime i stepped into the con i was escaping san jose into a different world! sucks to be back :/

crystalsoul

Quote from: Artemis.exe on May 31, 2011, 03:25:41 AMthe more I stare here at my loot, the more I don't want it to be over. Time to snap back into reality and become a human again.

I'll take a glimpse, and smile thinking of the amazing time I had. But I'll do a double-take and get depressed knowing it's over.

^ This exactly....

i almost felt bad having brought back from things from fanime because they reminded me of how it was over D: im sure in a few days things will be fine and i will be able to look at these items and smile thinking of the good time i had...but for now these wall scrolls i bought and other things will remain in my closet until im back to my normal cheery self >.<

crystalsoul

Quote from: heartless on June 01, 2011, 12:00:41 AM
yeeah i live in san jose, and felt like everytime i stepped into the con i was escaping san jose into a different world! sucks to be back :/
i know right :<  goodbye magical fantasy dream world and hello normal boring life

udonoodle

yep
i'm feeling it! (ha i started working on next years cosplay just to distract myself)

my house feels so big and so small at the same time :(
so i'm lurking on here (lol fail!)

chifunii

I feel it xD
But am I the only one still feeling a little high from this weekend?
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

crystalsoul

Quote from: chifunii on June 01, 2011, 07:28:23 PM
I feel it xD
But am I the only one still feeling a little high from this weekend?
hehe i was but its gone now >o<

mayora-13

I felt it right after I got back to Portland, but it's not that bad. Kumoricon is just around the corner!  :D
Now I just need to find another character to go as...

chifunii

Quote from: mayora-13 on June 03, 2011, 07:54:32 PM
I felt it right after I got back to Portland, but it's not that bad. Kumoricon is just around the corner!  :D

Whoa portland's really far! Are most of the con-goers from really far away? It's pretty intriguing to me as I only live a few minutes away...
But because I live so close it doesn't really feel like it's ended yet. I did, however, mope around yesterday a little bored.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

LordKefka

I'm more depressed I don't get to hang out with the people I met during the convention more than anything. Fml and the East Coast. I wish the fandom was just as strong here.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

mayora-13

Quote from: chifunii on June 03, 2011, 07:57:46 PM
Quote from: mayora-13 on June 03, 2011, 07:54:32 PM

Whoa portland's really far! Are most of the con-goers from really far away? It's pretty intriguing to me as I only live a few minutes away...
But because I live so close it doesn't really feel like it's ended yet. I did, however, mope around yesterday a little bored.

Lol well we thought it would be a fun road trip! It was a 12 hour drive (with frequent breaks), but it was pretty fun! I think most con-goers are probably locals, but some do travel pretty far to attend anime conventions.

NerdyBirdAsh

I miss Fanime terribly.
It sucks living nearby and seeing the con center so devoid of life! D:

Most of my con friends I happen to go to school with, and if I don't (like if they live far, or I know them from these here forums) I'm friends with them on FB so at least I have that!

Next year needs to get here faster though!
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

Alyxiane

It's odd. I'm trying to figure out why PCD isn't hitting me so much as I expected. But I'm sure it's because I'm out of school so yearning for the con life once again isn't that bad when I'm stuck inside my house most of the summer. .____.

BUT The amazing con friends that I have made in that short time I terribly miss certainly. Oh well. At least for the rest of the year I'll aim to increase my sewing/crafting skills 10 fold. ^3^;
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Brutal

I miss the cosplayers :C
and gatherings and valve peeps

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

Mi Feng

Felt the post-con depression on the drive home. Then stopped at the fabric store to get fabric for my GLaDOS costume I will be wearing to Kintoki con and got pre-con HYPE!

MinhNiStah

I am really missed everything at the Fanime, my daily life is bore and there noone to talk to, except play game online or watch anime. Soo looking forward for next year to meet new people.

obliviousedward

Quote from: chifunii on June 03, 2011, 07:57:46 PM

My friends and I came down from Humboldt County to the con, which is relatively close to the Oregon border. :3  (Lol, we're the hardcore "Northern California," I guess. XD)  But I've also heard of Fanime attendees traveling from all over the country, and even overseas in some cases. ;D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

princesskitty18

hella miss it too
talk to friends that i made while at con and it sucks that if they live hella far away u arent gonna see them for awhile
but im hangin out wit one of the new friends that i made next week
YAY!! :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

abcbadcat

I live in San Jose as well and always sadface whenever I pass by the convention center.

PCD was decently bad this year because I didn't feel like I did enough at the con this year but... going to the subZERO festival last night also had a convention type of feel so it was awesome and only a few blocks away. I hope a few other people were able to experience it.