Post Con Depression

Started by crystalsoul, May 30, 2011, 08:56:17 PM

crystalsoul

So who else is feeling it? Dx

its sucks having such an awesome weekend and feeling care-free and then suddenly snapping back in to reality that tommorrow there will be no more fanimcon until next year and now we must resume normal life T_T

i get this every year but this year its hitting me hard :<

kookiekween99

It's hitting me pretty hard right now, especially since Fanime is the only weekend I get to hang out with my super best friend I talk to online.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

chifunii

I think I'm trying to distract myself, but I'm feeling extremely melancholic right now.
At least my summer will take my mind off of it for a little while, but after school starts up again...
This weekend went by so quickly..
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Batty

I'll say. I'm in a total funk...  :'( This was probably my favorite Fanime yet, too. Major suckage. >.<
"Everyone's gonna die. It's a natural part of life. But if life has no purpose, you're dead already."
-Kiba

PLUMPKIN

Yep, my bubble of Fanime happiness shattered the moment I walked through my house door.  I came home to my mom insulting me and complaining that her job paying $90k a year working 4 (or fewer) days a week with an AA degree is "underpaid".  I make less than that with an advanced degree.

Ah, such is life.  The real world sucks.  I miss Fanime already.  I suppose I'll dwell on the happy memories from this weekend.

crystalsoul

Quote from: Batty on May 30, 2011, 09:13:55 PM
I'll say. I'm in a total funk...  :'( This was probably my favorite Fanime yet, too. Major suckage. >.<
i can agree with that. this fanime was definitely the best for me too. there was drama on sunday but i cleared it up by sunday night and enjoyed the con to its fullest.

i envy the people who have summer break atm. im on quarter system at my collage and i got school for another month :<

oh how i wish fanime was just one more day Dx

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I kinda feel it now too, it was a fun weekend and I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow morning, oh well.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

Kupo

There were ups and downs for me. From new roommates to being a victim of theft. It's still the same. I still get hit with PCD. I mean, it wasn't instant because I was mad at something that happened, but the moment I arrived at my house, it hit me. It feels weird to be back home.

crystalsoul

Quote from: Kupo on May 30, 2011, 09:59:29 PM
There were ups and downs for me. From new roommates to being a victim of theft. It's still the same. I still get hit with PCD. I mean, it wasn't instant because I was mad at something that happened, but the moment I arrived at my house, it hit me. It feels weird to be back home.
i know right? i mean driving my friends home didnt seem so bad but as soon as i dropped my GF off at her place and started driving home alone is when it hit me like a train.
           how im not going back to the hotel room tonight, how im not going to be able to stay up late mingling with other people dressed up as anime chars, how im not going to wake up with all my friends next to me deciding what fun things we will do during the con....when this all hit me i pulled over for a minute just to sorta take a deep breath   :'(  now im home and i miss the hotel room even more...not to mention i gotta sleep early so i can get up early for classes.  and i mean i can watch anime to take my mind off things but i have to say ive gotten used to those big screen projectors showing me my favorite animes  :(

kaizoku

The only thing I regret is not asking her for her phone number or email @ the black and white ball  :(
Her name is Shanay (if that's how you spell it)

God91125

Sad panda :/ some people I really wanted to meet and talk too just kinda couldn't... had a great time with friends but other than that wish I wasn't such a shy guy *sighs*

otakuya

You know what's sad? I'm at the conv center right now to remenicense (?) and it feels so sad being this quiet and empty and tearing down Stage Zero.

Miyu_Mya

I woke up from a nap today and the first thing I thought was "Fanime is over"  :'(
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Xeluu

Got hit with PCD super hard when I was leaving this year. It was just about all I could do to keep from crying on the drive home.

I met some of the most amazing people this year, and it sucks to think that I won't see them until MAYBE next year, and even then maybe not since a good handful of them were from out of state.

I think I can honestly say that Saturday was the most amazing day I've had in all of my Fanimes (started 03ish?), and even in the past year or so, so it's quite the let down to be back home.

Luckily, I have their contact information, so hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch with all of them.

Mari-senpai, Crona, Maka, Soul, Stein, Spirit, <3 you guys.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

yoHmok

It really does suck since it's going to be virtually a year from now before the next Fanime.  I'll miss the crowd, for sure, but mostly the liveliness of it all.  I don't even think I slept Saturday night/Sunday morning.

What's also great about this year is that it's 4 days of non-stop action since Memorial Day rested on a Monday.  As far as I can remember, Fanime usually last 3 days, excluding day 0 (correct me if I'm wrong about this).

Ah, amazing time, amazing events, amazing people.

Riri

I'm going to miss the positive, supportive atmosphere Fanime brings each year... I always underestimate how much it will impact me.  I wish I had been at Fanime more (I commuted every day to get there)... perhaps next year my friends and I can rent a hotel room together so we can experience Fanime to its fullest (and get hit with PCD even harder ;___;).

I hope all of you enjoy the rest of summer~! Take care. ^^

bebop

Considering that this year was pretty bad, I still felt a little depressed that I had to leave. It didn't hit me into I woke up from a 4 hour nap after arriving home, and I felt like my house was soooooooooo boring and unlively.

I still have high hopes for next year getting better though.
Awakening to otaku inside. ^-^

RadicalEdward

I'm missing all of the female attention.

monotone

Definitely having some major post-con depression. It didn't hit me until I got back to school and got into bed and found myself unable to sleep. It's totally weird sitting here with no work to do, and with no radio chatter in my ear.

This weekend I worked 37 hours since Thursday - including 12 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday nights. Transitioning back to everyday life is hard! Missing Rovers already, they're my second family, missing the con-goers (even the ones who gave us attitude when we were trying to do our job), missing the ache in my feet, lol. No, wait, I still got that!

Can't wait until next year :)
Fanime Rovers
Callsign: Zombie

Artemis.exe

Definite Post-Con Depression here. Sunday Afternoon, I was skating back to the Caltrain Station and it didn't really hit me until I was the only one in that car as the train was put into motion. All that went through my head was "Wow, time to be that loser no one can relate to. I'm no longer immortal, my amazing weekend is over, and the more I stare here at my loot, the more I don't want it to be over. Time to snap back into reality and become a human again. Time to put on my green hat and and apron and get back to brewing these humans coffee. *sigh*" And when I got home, I cried for about a good 15 minutes when I decided to get up and stick my prints I had bought on my ceiling above my bed so I go to sleep with memories of this con, and wake up with those memories. I still have mixed emotions, though. Because I think of a different person and different conversation attached to each of the 12 prints I bought. My feelings change every time I look up at them, though. I'll take a glimpse, and smile thinking of the amazing time I had. But I'll do a double-take and get depressed knowing it's over. One thing that cheered me up though was finding a flyer for Animation On Display 2012 in San Francisco on the sidewalk somewhere near the Conv Center. That inspired me to work on a new cosplay for THAT event and keep my mind occupied for now.  :(