B&W Ball!!

Started by heroblade20, May 31, 2011, 12:14:56 AM

heroblade20

Heeey, I recall the announcement at the BW ball in which they stated they would post the songs played at the ball. May I ask where that may be?

Btw while on the subject, who else was extremely irked at that line -_-

SOawesomeness

Hehe. I went at around 10pm and the line was super fast. Maybe 5 minutes, 10 tops? And it did stop outside the corner of the Fairmont but it was pretty short... not to mention that the dance floor was fairly empty after 11pm. (: YAY.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

heroblade20

LOL empty? what was everyone doing sipping water( though the water did taste classy:f)?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: heroblade20 on May 31, 2011, 01:23:01 AM
LOL empty? what was everyone doing sipping water( though the water did taste classy:f)?
Eh they all left, more or less. It was not *empty empty* but it was significantly more spacey. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: heroblade20 on May 31, 2011, 12:14:56 AM
Heeey, I recall the announcement at the BW ball in which they stated they would post the songs played at the ball. May I ask where that may be?

Check this one
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16384.0.html

heroblade20

Tony

Everyone. We will be addressing the room issue.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Pimpstress Rei

Yes, we will discuss this issue with next year's Chair and B&W Ball's head.

Also, don't mind us. We've had meetings all day to finish up the post-con process. I hope everyone understands that the con isn't just Thursday - Monday for us, it's pretty much a week and a half of us being on site and taking nonstop meetings!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Tony

Ok, my filter is a bit off tonight. ;D Too many meetings!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

heroblade20

Thanks:)! May I add when I was in the ball it was splendid? The entire con was great too!

Logik

Couldn't say anything about the line since I got in before that started to form, but I will say something about the reason for the line. There were much more people this year and the dance floor was too crowded to do anything. It was basically for bumping into people and stepping on their feet every 10 seconds. The only other (minor) problem was that at some points, the lights were being messed with. Dunno what was going on, but the inconsistent adjustments of the lights bugged me. Thanks though for looking into the room issue at least.
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

EndlessDream

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2011, 11:18:51 PM
Everyone. We will be addressing the room issue.
Oh good, thank you. Having to fix the floor after each dance was ridiculous. That and anyone actually trying to dance correctly had no room to do so.

Wabbit98

Thank you to Tony and Pimpess Rei for saying that.  The staff of the Black and White Ball know about that issue and are not happy about it either and it will be address for next year.  We tried to make the best of a not so good situation.

Thank you,
Kevin
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second