Post-Fanime: What's next?

Started by Maximilian, May 31, 2011, 12:58:53 AM

Maximilian

Well, what are your next big plans now that Fanime's done?  Simple as that!

Right now, I'm trying to find a partner (Ugh it's ridiculous) in the event that I go to one smaller con going on in about four weeks or whether I can find a way to get to AX later on this year.
Tumblr
♠♥ Fanime 2012 ♣♦
Felt!, trickster!, and godtier!Dave (Homestuck)
TK (Angel Beats!)
Equius Zahhak

Miyu_Mya

Well, I live in the Bay Area and my Husband and I are going to SAC-CON on June 5th. It's a one day event. Be our first time, it's a small convention.
http://sac-con.com/
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

yoHmok

All that's left for me now, is to wait for next year's FanimeCon.  It's so great!

abcbadcat

Planning out and starting Halloween costumes/next year's cosplay(s)

SOawesomeness

Ehhh.... Real life.
School/finals, then pack and come back home to Norcal. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

bebop

I'm going to try making some better friends and possibly group up with some more positive hearted folks for next year's Fanime.

Also, I was so ashamed of my cosplay this year. I really, REALLY want to go all out in the investment on getting a nearly perfect cosplay next year.

guess you can say next year my motivation is to bump up my cosplay quality
Awakening to otaku inside. ^-^

renalcul

Finals.

Graduation.

New Job.

PAX.

Disneyland.

Making cosplays.

Artemis.exe

Quote from: yoHmok on May 31, 2011, 01:39:14 AM
All that's left for me now, is to wait for next year's FanimeCon.  It's so great!

Pretty much this. Though I have read of a small con in San Mateo pretty soon. So I might check that up if I have a wild hair to take a bus across the city.

mgarcia

Back to the night shift at work (I'm halfway through my shift right now).

MDg
2001: Division Head (Promotions & Publications)
2009-10: Stage Talent (Stage Zero)
2011-13: Evening Stage Manager/Host (Stage Zero) & Anime Hazard Host (Game Show)

otaku_duckie

._. i dunno about anyone else but i was super annoyed by the protesters this year, so im contacting the city of san jose to see if i can start a petition to end their stupidity. Ir probably wont work but its worth a try.

other than that im going back to work trying lol
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

DivineVTDragon

Kintoki con
AX
Sac Anime
Yaoi Con

Weeeee.

Persona

Quote from: otaku_duckie on May 31, 2011, 12:39:22 PM
._. i dunno about anyone else but i was super annoyed by the protesters this year, so im contacting the city of san jose to see if i can start a petition to end their stupidity. Ir probably wont work but its worth a try.

Those guys go everywhere and they know all of their rights, so it's unlikely anything will be able to get them to leave. If anything it's the people at con giving them attention and assaulting them that's keeping them there, because that's exactly the reaction they want.

otaku_duckie

Quote from: Persona on May 31, 2011, 12:59:47 PM

Those guys go everywhere and they know all of their rights, so it's unlikely anything will be able to get them to leave. If anything it's the people at con giving them attention and assaulting them that's keeping them there, because that's exactly the reaction they want.

still worth a try to contact the city, they'll probably say something along the lines of "sticks and stones" but I'll try anyways. D: throwing stuff at them?! thats assult! >.< ppl could be arrested
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

jacktchance

Finish the remaining quarter of school, then prepare for AX.

Maximilian

Quote from: DivineVTDragon on May 31, 2011, 12:45:51 PM
Kintoki con
AX
Sac Anime
Yaoi Con

Weeeee.
omg hope to see you there!

@Protesters: I didn't have SO much of an issue with them, but I rather found it entertaining to provide some snippy comebacks at them for the lulz.
Tumblr
♠♥ Fanime 2012 ♣♦
Felt!, trickster!, and godtier!Dave (Homestuck)
TK (Angel Beats!)
Equius Zahhak

L0Lpants

First off, fix any damage on my Ninjamobile cuz the stub broke of a piece of the hub + get new tire. Glad I didn't spend much on Fanime this year so I can fix this shot-up piece of junk!

After that, finish uploading pics & resume watching Gintama
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

eHash

Quote from: otaku_duckie on May 31, 2011, 01:05:00 PM
Quote from: Persona on May 31, 2011, 12:59:47 PM

Keep in mind that their presence is less about God, and perhaps more about getting a response.  You respond, they make money.  Even if you aren't the one who takes a swing or gives them a way to profit, by responding your are unintentionally building up the emotional response of others who may be less wise and take a negative action.

Your best bet is to beat them in filing for the right for public assembly.  They are the first in line every year to do it...so good luck.

still worth a try to contact the city, they'll probably say something along the lines of "sticks and stones" but I'll try anyways. D: throwing stuff at them?! thats assult! >.< ppl could be arrested

DivineVTDragon

Quote from: Maximilian on May 31, 2011, 03:16:20 PM
Quote from: DivineVTDragon on May 31, 2011, 12:45:51 PM
Kintoki con
AX
Sac Anime
Yaoi Con

Weeeee.
omg hope to see you there!

Feel free to say hi. I shouldn't be TOO hard to miss.

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: Artemis.exe on May 31, 2011, 03:28:45 AM
Quote from: yoHmok on May 31, 2011, 01:39:14 AM

Pretty much this. Though I have read of a small con in San Mateo pretty soon. So I might check that up if I have a wild hair to take a bus across the city.

San Mateo is pretty good with bus routes and such, I'm thinking about going to that con or the one over in Hayward.
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

Melly

the protesters didn't bother me at all this year; since fanime got like those security looking guys to guide people away from them

i thought last years were way worse :/ with the mega phone and just standing in the front and stuff s: