Post-Fanime: What's next?

Started by Maximilian, May 31, 2011, 12:58:53 AM

Himeno

What's next? Just arrived home after 22ish hours traveling. Back at work in 18 hours.

Mango Bunny

Quote from: otaku_duckie on May 31, 2011, 12:39:22 PM
._. i dunno about anyone else but i was super annoyed by the protesters this year, so im contacting the city of san jose to see if i can start a petition to end their stupidity. Ir probably wont work but its worth a try.

other than that im going back to work trying lol

I really don't give a crizz-nap about them. Their presence is somewhat expected and an entertaining concept.

I don't take them seriously, and I don't think anyone else should either.

However, I was, sincerely, VERY CLOSE to spitting on one gentleman (the farthest one down by the corner) who said something like "Japan brought the earthquake and tsunami upon them because they didn't accept Jesus Christ! They deserved it!"
I didn't because I know they want a reaction, but GOD I could have socked him. Seriously. In the ding-dong. ARGH.

Anyhoo...

What's next? WORK! Luckily, I kind of love work.

Then school in the fall (again!)

Then Vegas with my pops.

Then ????

THEN FANIME AGAIN.

I really want to make a cosplay this year! I say that all the time. But really.

Weeee! Life is pretty darned good!

L0Lpants

That Vegas thing just reminded me on how i should spend my 21. Hmm.........suggestions?
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Miyu_Mya

Quote from: DivineVTDragon on May 31, 2011, 12:45:51 PM
Kintoki con
AX
Sac Anime
Yaoi Con

Weeeee.

We're trying to go to Kintoki Con. We will (hopefully) see you there!
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Miyu_Mya

They didn't bother me either. I just ignored them. I would recommend everyone do the same. When we give them attention of any sort, it gives them power. When we ignore them and not let them affect us, they lose the power.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Junon

Post Fanime, I guess my GF are going to look for other conventions to attend. We did attend Deceptikon earlier this year, it was alright, very small and no night activities.

Was thinking Sac-Con, and maybe Sac Anime later this year. Any Bay Area con if there are any. Otherwise, I think I am going to upgrade costumes I made for Fanime as I can see many improvements I could make.

Loktera^2

Planning multiple cosplays.

Westercon

Geocaching

Halloween costume

Maybe Dickens Faire

Wedding

Fanime 2012.

In that order. I just gotta keep the awesome flowing from day to day and everything should be fine.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

M

Quote from: Maximilian on May 31, 2011, 12:58:53 AM
Well, what are your next big plans now that Fanime's done?  Simple as that!
Now that FanimeCon 2011 is done, planning for FanimeCon 2012 starts. Some good things in the works, but we'll see how it pans out. :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Charis

No cons before Fanime 2012.  Cosplay and photo gatherings (mostly the NorCal events), but that's it for cosplay shindigs. I have entirely too many things I want to do for next year on my plate, though, and I'm trying to finish up two over the course of the next three months (stupid!), so we'll see how all that works out.

Other than cosplay stuff and the dull things like work and being a Responsible Adult: getting entirely too distracted by shiny things and planning a winter trip to Japan. :3  And probably making more truffles, because I've decided I enjoy that too much.  But mostly, costume flail.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Arkham

Busy, busy, busy.

Vallejo Pirate faire this weekend. My Steampunk group will be at CombatCon in Vegas next weekend. ( Though I won't be with them. ) Then Westercon the following weekend at the SJ Fairmont. Then it will quiet down a bit until Steamcon in Seattle in October, and then it picks up again with Dickens, the Edwardian Ball, DunDraCon, and the Nova Albion Steampunk Exhibition before Fanime 2012 comes back around.
--Arkham : The Blackened Hatter

cesspooloflight

-Trip to Korea and China
-Start my first year of College at SJSU.
-Wondercon 2012
-Fanime 2012

Hopefully I will get a cosplay done for next year. Also, maybe make it to Sac-Anime to finally meet Johnny Yong Bosch.

CobaltTempest

1. Meet up with other members of a cosplay group that is still in the making.
2. Anime Expo 2011 if possible.
3. Sac-Anime 2011.
4. Become a student at UCLA.
5. Find time to work on future cosplays and other projects.
6. Might consider Pacific Media Expo 2012.
7. Return to the Bay Area every now and then to check up on family, friends, etc. and maybe spend time with them for certain occasions.
8. Animation on Display 2012
9. Fanime 2012!

Facebook | World Cosplay

Kujo Jotaro - "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"
Kiryƫin Satsuki - "Kill La Kill"
Champion Cynthia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: bebop on May 31, 2011, 01:55:37 AM
I'm going to try making some better friends and possibly group up with some more positive hearted folks for next year's Fanime.

Also, I was so ashamed of my cosplay this year. I really, REALLY want to go all out in the investment on getting a nearly perfect cosplay next year.

guess you can say next year my motivation is to bump up my cosplay quality
I feel ya. Let me tell u, the ppl u go w/ can make or break ur fanime experience. I used to go w/ a bunch of girlfriends of mine and honestly too much estrogen! If someone wasn't arguing with another in our group, they were throwing up bad food, wining about period cramps or being pissed that they didn't take the time and care I did on my costumes with their own. Srsly, choose very dependable ppl that won't stiff u for the hotel, food, gas or friendship during the con. The smaller the group, the better in my experience. And honestly stick with guys, no drama lol.

As for ur cosplays, who cares if they weren't ur best. By all means make better ones but the experience is the best part! ;)

CosplayDevotee

As for what's next:

Go back to work
Go back to school
Start planning bigger and better costumes ;D
Halloween
Plan 2 weddings (maid of honor for both :o)
Watch azu mango dio (spelling?) and other animes I should really know about lol
Try not to lose my mind in anticipation for fanime 2012

Cosplay Circus

Ahh lots is next....
- Kin Yoobi Con
- Maybe Hyper Con
- Start working on long list of props to be made
- Finalize price to start commissioning mechanical tails
- Stalk pre regs for Fanime and other cons to get cheapest price
- Look into booking hotels ahead of time

oh how the list goes on :D overall just planning cons and costumes, a job probably will get wedged in somewhere to fund it all of course.
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)