Stage Zero 2011 Feedback

Started by Mr. Wendell, May 31, 2011, 04:04:19 PM

Mr. Wendell

Stage Zero would like to thank all the FanimeCon 2011 attendees who came by our Stage.

We are looking for feedback from attendees and fellow staffers about our show this year. What is it that you like? What is it you didn't like? What would you like to see back? What do you think we can change? Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Kertus

As usual alot of the late night programming was good to help people pass time, especially some of the game/quiz show types.  I was surprised some of the larger events and things were on stage zero as there isn't much capacity for people and it congests most of the middle of the convention walkway.  I suppose it is only indirectly related to stage zero but possibly a way to position more seats in that area and work on some crowd control as well.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

ket

People running Stage Zero were totally awesome!! Specially when they okay-ed my request to get my friend cosplaying Danbo to dance up on the stage for awhile Monday afternoon  ;D

Skyline

Eventually we may get to a point where Fanime may outgrow the current location for Stage Zero.  The designated walkways help a bunch, but there are still a lot of events which jam-pack the place.
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

Training

Nice initiative to open up to feedback...

eHash

I will offer my feedback as a con-goer, not staffer.

I like the central location of stage zero, but the obstruction to the walkway is horrendous. As a suggestion, perhaps a designated (roped off) standing area or less chairs and spread them out laterally to give the walkway a teeny bit more space..

I think the programming is fun, entertaining, and cool.  I think  you guys do a great job!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: eHash on August 08, 2011, 04:37:07 PM
I will offer my feedback as a con-goer, not staffer.

I like the central location of stage zero, but the obstruction to the walkway is horrendous. As a suggestion, perhaps a designated (roped off) standing area or less chairs and spread them out laterally to give the walkway a teeny bit more space..

I think the programming is fun, entertaining, and cool.  I think  you guys do a great job!
This has always been a problem; putting stanchions(or some type of blocking apparatus) separating the seating/standing area and the main walkway can work, but actually getting people not to stop in the walkway itself to watch is the part that is dealt with every year. Only real solution for that is having someone specifically stationed right there to make sure no one stops.

other ideas would be adjusting the size of the stage to incorporate extra space for seats, or to re-position the tech table to allow for chairs to be placed there.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

alvaang

Stage zero was a fun place to go and relax. It was entertaining and i love how they were playing games and giving away prizes. I think it is time to move stage zero into a Bigger room with more chairs so traffic in the halls can flow smoothly

Michi

I really appreciate Stage Zero. It's great for late at night, as others have said, to sit around and watch game speed runs or anime music videos or whatever. :)

As a performer, it's a great venue for my cosplay dance group to get a chance to put on a show somewhere that isn't masquerade! It's been kind of a mess when guests perform there though, because then you can barely get anywhere in that section of the con center because of the crowd they attract. :(
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr