Disappointment from the Crowne plaza

Started by otaku_duckie, May 31, 2011, 06:56:37 PM

otaku_duckie

Who else had bad problems with the Crown plaza? in my room the promised mini fridge wasnt there. The toilet broke, the coffee maker leaked, the hairdryer was broken, the bathtub was broken, and there was someone's hair on the walls of the shower.

who else had these problems??? and i also heard about the cursed 6th floor from a CC cosplayer xD
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

obliviousedward

My friends and I stayed on the fourth floor of the Crowne Plaza this year.  We didn't have a mini fridge in our room either, but it wasn't a huge deal for us.  (In any case, we'd brought a small cooler.)  The small handle on the faucet in our bathroom came off at one point, but we managed to screw it back on. XD;;

Also, there had been a mix up with the type of room we'd gotten.  We'd originally booked a room with a king-size bed and a sofabed, but we were given a room with two double-beds instead.  (Again, this didn't make much difference to my friends and I, since we were fine with either arrangement, but the lady at the front desk did say it was likely a mistake on the hotel's part.  She was very nice about it.)

Aside from these things, my friends and I enjoyed our stay.  We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza the past few years mainly because it's more quiet and suffers from less crowding and rowdiness than the Hilton or the Marriott.  So far we haven't had anything hugely major to complain about.

(LOL, I'm sorry, I'm probably not helping out your thread topic, am I? XD  Still, I'm sorry your experience was rather unfortunate!)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

otaku_duckie

lol the staff was very nice just the hotel itself sucked XDDD
Visit my deviantart!

tenton

I didn't have any problems with the Crowne. Didn't have a mini-fridge, but I knew this going in and it wasn't such a big deal. Wasn't on the 6th floor, though. What happened there?

otaku_duckie

the CC cosplayer and her friend said that the 6th floor had issues all last year like all the cards on the floor needed to be re-keyed
Visit my deviantart!

NerdyBirdAsh

I liked the hotel itself - the only problem was the fridge being gone.

I saw the amenities and was disappointed in the lack of microwave, but could have sworn there was a fridge...
I relied on that fridge, so when there wasn't one we ended up having to fill our bathtub with ice to keep things cold, melting it when we needed showers, and then re-filling it.

It was quite the hassle.

But the hotel and it's staff were all lovely otherwise.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

Rurutie8

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza on Thursday and Friday night.  My room had no fridge.  I did not expect or need one.  Overall, I had a good experience and would stay there again.  I especially liked their parking lot.  It is comforting to know that I could spontaneously leave the convention if I needed to without the need to contact a valet.