awesome fanime food

Started by otaku_duckie, May 31, 2011, 07:09:54 PM

Tsu

Quote from: Gwydion on January 31, 2012, 12:24:23 AM
Once again, Pizza My Heart is wonderful. I'm so annoyed they don't have it up here in the East Bay. Tried the pesto pizza for the first time and it was love at first bite. Yes, greenish pizza but oh so good. Plus it was only about 5 bucks for drink and pizza. Can't beat that.

There's a Pizza My Heart in the Emeryville Bay Street Mall/shopping center... the one with the AMC Theater. It's on the downstairs level. I was surprised to see it, actually!
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Barnes

I like to walk over to Pizz'a Chicago (West San Fernando and S. San Pedro). Although the pizza takes a while to cook, I think it's worth the wait  :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

otakuya

The Cheesesteak Shop on Santa Clara St. and 2nd St.

Those that listen to KNBR have heard of them. And yes, it is "habit-forming".
Try the King of Philly. OMG it's good.
You won't be dissappointed. Trust me.

You're welcome.

Kpmonkeygirl

What about the food AT the fanimecon? What was it like? How much did it cost?
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

echoshadow

It wasn't that good, and it was a bit pricey. If I can remember correctly it was like $8 for a sandwich and about $3 for a soda/water. But there were some cool treats like steamed/filled buns they where selling. Those sold out fast.
Also there is a little resutrant inside the Hiltion which is connected to the convention center, but that's pricey as well.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Kpmonkeygirl

Really? How sad! I was looking forward to buying food as I walk around!

Mizu

I don't think I've ever bought food at the convention itself.. usually I go to La Vic's, Hydration, and Bijan. There's plenty of other good stuff around, but those are my favorites for convention weekend. I got hooked on those little mousse cakes at Bijan a couple years ago.. it's a good thing I live nearby so I can get my fix.

Kpmonkeygirl

Where could I get CHEAP GOOD Asian food? (Sorry, I pretty much only like Asian food)

eralston

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on February 17, 2012, 02:20:15 PM
Where could I get CHEAP GOOD Asian food? (Sorry, I pretty much only like Asian food)

Pho 69 is only about a block away from the convention center and if you are willing to travel ~1.5 miles you can walk down to Japantown which has a variety of good places to get food.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: eralston on February 17, 2012, 02:30:56 PM

Pho 69 is only about a block away from the convention center and if you are willing to travel ~1.5 miles you can walk down to Japantown which has a variety of good places to get food.
Hey, I have to walk 2 miles to get home from school. As long as I am not by myself (It IS a new place after-all!) I am perfectly fine walking those 1.5 miles to get awesome food.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on February 17, 2012, 03:48:21 PM
Quote from: eralston on February 17, 2012, 02:30:56 PM

Hey, I have to walk 2 miles to get home from school. As long as I am not by myself (It IS a new place after-all!) I am perfectly fine walking those 1.5 miles to get awesome food.

Or you know, take public transport =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Otakuya on February 14, 2012, 10:11:30 PM
The Cheesesteak Shop on Santa Clara St. and 2nd St.

Those that listen to KNBR have heard of them. And yes, it is "habit-forming".
Try the King of Philly. OMG it's good.
You won't be dissappointed. Trust me.

You're welcome.
Damn, now I want some cheesesteaks while I'm at Fanime.

Solequincy

Every year I've attended Fanime I've yet to go to Japan town(living in San Jose on top of that), it be nice if we could get a group together to grab a bite. 

Kpmonkeygirl

Well, I am hearing a lot about Japantown in SJ. So what is the best CHEAP place to get a bite to eat in Japantown? Like in SF, there is a place where you could get a BIG bento box with sushi, miso soup, meat, and other stuff for 10$!

otakuya

^ Try Kumako Ramen. If you have a hotel room with a microwave at the CC, you can buy bentos at Nijiya Market and eat them later.

Somethingducky

^I second Nijiya Market in Japantown, their bentos, sushi and onigiri are awesome and very reasonably priced.

Antstep

Last year Mcdonald's held me over for the first day. If you're not getting a hotel and live close by like me, just eat your breakfast at home. It's much easier.

Kertus

Quote from: PLUMPKIN on June 03, 2011, 05:21:10 PM
I stocked up on groupons, living social coupons, and a San Jose Entertainment book before Fanime, so everything I ate was essentially discounted or cheap.  My meals consisted of the following:

-Free hotel breakfast
-2 $6 for $12 worth of Sonoma Chicken Coup coupon
-2 $7 for $14 worth of The Cheesesteak Shop coupon (split with someone)
-One buy one get one Tandori oven coupon (split with someone)
-One $10 for $20 worth of Poor House Bistro coupon
-One buy one get one Johnny Rocket's coupon
-La Victoria's (no coupon)
-Cookies and ice cream from donating blood

Food was great :)

My friends and I do the same thing with the coupons everywhere also :P

It's nice to get more variety of food during con than the typical fast food all the time, and in the end it works out to be the same price for 2 people with the coupon too :P
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

persiandragon

TC X0 Lt 0X

No.
Do they serve pomegranate?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.