awesome fanime food

Started by otaku_duckie, May 31, 2011, 07:09:54 PM

otaku_duckie

._. i dunno if this topic goes here or not lol
but i wanna know what was everyone's favorite thing to eat during the con?
I loved the meat buns from one of the food stands in the convention! omg the best mean buns I've ever had! I also loved the beef cutlet from Hydration <33 >u< it was delicious and i highly recommend. I also tried caramel pocky for the first time :o and now it's my favorite pocky flavor.
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Batty

Gaaaah, my favorite food was the delicious jin deui that was being sold near Stage Zero. Not only was it uber-yummy, but it also held me over when I thought I was going to die of hunger! Usually I plan pretty well with food, but I wore myself a little thin that day! XD (It was worth it... I want another oneeee :P)
"Everyone's gonna die. It's a natural part of life. But if life has no purpose, you're dead already."
-Kiba

Touya no Miko

Most of the time we cooked something in our crockpot during our stay in the hotel room or just made sandwiches. But when we went out House of Pizza most definitely by far. It is now a tradition for us to go there once a year for Fanime. For breakfast I liked the buffet in the Hilton. Those potatoes were awesome and filling. Also liked this ice cream popsicle they were selling in the Dealer's Hall. It tasted like real melon <3
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

wintersweet

Gari-gari-kun for $1 when I was overheating in the dealers' room ... other than that, dinner at Kaita (a short drive to SJ Japantown, and a surprise monsoon, which shouldn't happen this time of year!).

renalcul

I bought a bunch of food from costco to help keep costs low.

The thing full of breakfast claws, cheese horns, raisin danishes, berry things and cinnamon rolls.

questionette

My friend who's an SJ native took me over to a taqueria called La Victoria....SO AHMAZING! They had this secret orange sauce that you put on your burrito, I am definitely going back there next year.  By the way, did anyone go to Psycho Donuts? Were the bento ones any good?

Stormfalcon

Yeah, the bento set at Psycho Donuts was really good, and fun all around.  They got really overwhelmed by the demand for it though (I went Saturday to get a set, and had to reserve one for Sunday pickup instead).

A couple of photos -
Photo 1
Photo 2
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Kyra_Maverick

I also got the bento set. Went in Saturday morning at 10 and they were already sold out. I had to pre order for later that day, but then the delivery was late. Got the Cereal Killer while I waited though and it was easily the most delicious donut I ever had.

I loved eating at Hydration! The food was always super yummy and their cat, Boba, was very affectionate and even sat in my lap while I ate outside. Too bad I'm a messy eater because it all landed on him...

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: questionette on June 02, 2011, 07:38:33 AM
My friend who's an SJ native took me over to a taqueria called La Victoria....SO AHMAZING! They had this secret orange sauce that you put on your burrito, I am definitely going back there next year.  By the way, did anyone go to Psycho Donuts? Were the bento ones any good?

Meh, try their food without the sauce. They suddenly become lacking.
Now if you bring that sauce with a actually good burrito, then your in heaven.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

One of our staff members for Maid Cafe is a professional cook. So he cooked a big dinner for all the maids consisting of steak, spare ribs, garlic mashed potatos, squash and bok choy, his own special salad dressing for salad, rizotto.

By far the best thing I've ever eaten during any convention time.

heeroyuy135

Skyline

My Fanime 2012 is apparently going to be sponsored by Hydration's curry rice, because I'll be getting a lot of it.

I had never been to Psycho Donuts before a fellow staff member rolled through with a random dozen, and I feel ashamed to admit that! T-T
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on June 02, 2011, 11:46:27 PM
172 Tacos from Jack in the Box
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcXUnrQRw00

It's too bad that Jack In a Box is a Franchise rather then Corporate. Prices would have been cheaper if it was Corporate.

But nah, F you for spending more cash on Tacos then my entire Budget...  :'(

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kupo

For me, I always gotta make a stop at Pizza My Heart. For a little less than $10, you get a salad, a drink and a pizza. Enough to fill you up. It's also pretty good and not fast-foodish, so you don't feel like crap afterwards.

I also went to Iguanas and while it has indeed filled me up too, I kept farting for the entire day. Then again I ordered the Super Iguana.

Of course, Hydration and their curry bowls are excellent as always. But I didn't get to visit them this year, so I'm only speaking from last years' experience in terms of Hydration.

otaku_duckie

lol yea pizza my heart was awesome >w< 2 slices of pizza and i was done. also taste good if you dip it in ranch P:
Visit my deviantart!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: otaku_duckie on June 03, 2011, 03:42:32 PM
lol yea pizza my heart was awesome >w< 2 slices of pizza and i was done. also taste good if you dip it in ranch P:

Dipping Pizza in Ranch...
You lost my respect bro...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PLUMPKIN

I stocked up on groupons, living social coupons, and a San Jose Entertainment book before Fanime, so everything I ate was essentially discounted or cheap.  My meals consisted of the following:

-Free hotel breakfast
-2 $6 for $12 worth of Sonoma Chicken Coup coupon
-2 $7 for $14 worth of The Cheesesteak Shop coupon (split with someone)
-One buy one get one Tandori oven coupon (split with someone)
-One $10 for $20 worth of Poor House Bistro coupon
-One buy one get one Johnny Rocket's coupon
-La Victoria's (no coupon)
-Cookies and ice cream from donating blood

Food was great :)

otaku_duckie

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on June 03, 2011, 04:22:46 PM
Quote from: otaku_duckie on June 03, 2011, 03:42:32 PM

Dipping Pizza in Ranch...
You lost my respect bro...
their sauce was mildy spicy to me, i have zero tolerance for spicy food XD

but those big slices we're pretty fecking awesome xP
Visit my deviantart!

chifunii

Hydration! It's a bit of a walk, but their lemon jelly drink thing (the English name escapes me right now) 愛玉紅茶, as it is in Chinese, is really good if you're looking for something refreshing but not too rich or sweet. Basically kept me cheerful in the afternoon.

My mornings were basically spent crawling to the Starbucks near the Fairmont. =_=; Can't function without a hot cup of joe. The "barista" at the sort-of Starbucks in the Hilton is realllllllllllllll slow, since it's only one person churning out the orders, and it seemed like she was living with all the time in the world...It probably would've been faster if I just walked to the actual Starbucks. Definitely not stopping in the Hilton Starbucks again. :| So many things to do at Fanime, waiting in line for coffee isn't going to be one of them.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Barnes

Apparently, I received props for bringing in Lunchables to eat. Then again, I do find them to be VERY useful.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes