awesome fanime food

Started by otaku_duckie, May 31, 2011, 07:09:54 PM

Biblio

Arcadia in the Marriott is awesome. We had both dinner and the breakfast buffet there.

Dinner:
Whole fried chicken which the new restaurant manager carved/served at our table. Juicy and tender.
Truffled mac and cheese was so rich.
Duck fat fries--crispy and light.
Lava cake was perfect for chocolate lovers--which we were.

Breakfast Buffet:
Selection included pastries, selection of milk/juices/tea/coffee, fresh fruit.
Hot food selection included eggs, bacon, French toast, and country potatoes.
You can also order freshly prepared waffles and omelets. All ingredients were really fresh and well-prepared.

Besides the great food and service at the restaurant, the best part of dining there was location. We sat by the windows both meals which was a great spot to watch the cosplayers gather. A nice little get away for some peace and quiet, good food, and still be able to watch the con. We played "identify the cosplay". I lost, but it was definitely worth it .  ;)

otaku_duckie

@codex D: they....served you guys duck??

:D my omelet at peggy sue's was amazing <333 but they gave me warm milk....i really wanted cold XD
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Biblio

Quote from: otaku_duckie on June 04, 2011, 05:56:01 PM
@codex D: they....served you guys duck??

:D my omelet at peggy sue's was amazing <333 but they gave me warm milk....i really wanted cold XD

Lol. The fries were fried in duck fat. So, no, we didn't get any duck itself.  ;)

Original Joe's was also good. I think many people are already fans of that place for good reason. We had the NY Steak and the Chicken Parmigiana. Yummy. The calamari appetizer was definitely seasoned well and tender without being chewy. OJ's was much more crowded with a different atmosphere from Arcadia's, but still fun.

Konekogami

;A; I didn't eat nearly as much as I should have.. in fact I barely ate at all during, which yes I know is bad.. but strangely I had next to no appetite the entire weekend..

One thing that REALLY stuck out though was a raspberry mousse I got from Bijan Bakery.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/MichiMii/Fanime2011/141.jpg  oAo Oh my god.. it was light, and fluffy and sweet, and a little slice of delicious happiness!

otaku_duckie

is that the bakery next to the fairmont???
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Konekogami

Quote from: otaku_duckie on June 05, 2011, 06:13:24 PM
is that the bakery next to the fairmont???

Yes it is.  I recommend it to all Fanime goers with sweet tooths xD

Honestly, it's not nearly as expensive as it looks, my raspberry mousse was only $3.50.

Melly

i am so going there next year. LOL.

chifunii

That sounds delicious...I definitely need to stop by.
And that picture ; A ; Drooling right now.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Konekogami

AbsolutelyCursed

Rebeccakh

last year was a pain in the butt with food > < when me and my bf were out late we tried going to mcdonalds and their dining room was closed blah I guess i'll have to pack a bunch of food to keep down on costs. Does anyone know somewhere cheap that's open late?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Rebeccakh on November 30, 2011, 11:40:36 AM
last year was a pain in the butt with food > < when me and my bf were out late we tried going to mcdonalds and their dining room was closed blah I guess i'll have to pack a bunch of food to keep down on costs. Does anyone know somewhere cheap that's open late?
Jack in the Box is probably your best bet.
I no not a Fast Food Restaurant that runs their workers more ragged then Jack.
I don't even think I have seen a Jack in the past year that actually closes for the night, not to mention Holidays.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

otakuya

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 09, 2011, 01:02:25 AM
I don't even think I have seen a Jack in the past year that actually closes for the night, not to mention Holidays.
There's a Jack on McKee and Toyon Road that actually closes at night, drive thru and all. Learned that the hard way when I wanted a late night snack and all the lights were off.

Late night around the CC? Hm...there's the Kukar's House of Pizza on Almaden Blvd., they're open till 1 am. Iguanas, Hydration, and other places around the McDonalds area are open late on weekends I believe. Or you can stock up on stuff from Safeway and picnic in your room.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Otakuya on December 10, 2011, 12:37:14 AM
There's a Jack on McKee and Toyon Road that actually closes at night, drive thru and all. Learned that the hard way when I wanted a late night snack and all the lights were off.

Late night around the CC? Hm...there's the Kukar's House of Pizza on Almaden Blvd., they're open till 1 am. Iguanas, Hydration, and other places around the McDonalds area are open late on weekends I believe. Or you can stock up on stuff from Safeway and picnic in your room.

A Jack in the Box closing?
Unpossible.
Though come to think of it, I do actually know of  a Jack closing at night. Only because it had no drive-thru though.

Just went and checked around the interwebs.
According to Here: (http://www.hoursmap.com/c/san+jose-ca/jack+in+the+box-hours-locations-s1333346) the Jack on San Carlos is open 24/7, so if you need food in the middle of the night that would be the easiest, though I think it would probably be better to pack semi-healthy snacks like Granola Bars instead.
Why would anyone stay up during those hours at Fanime anyway? Besides insomnia and Hentai Night =p

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Rebeccakh

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 12, 2011, 01:04:47 AM
Quote from: Otakuya on December 10, 2011, 12:37:14 AM

A Jack in the Box closing?
Unpossible.
Though come to think of it, I do actually know of  a Jack closing at night. Only because it had no drive-thru though.

Just went and checked around the interwebs.
According to Here: (http://www.hoursmap.com/c/san+jose-ca/jack+in+the+box-hours-locations-s1333346) the Jack on San Carlos is open 24/7, so if you need food in the middle of the night that would be the easiest, though I think it would probably be better to pack semi-healthy snacks like Granola Bars instead.
Why would anyone stay up during those hours at Fanime anyway? Besides insomnia and Hentai Night =p

Lol awesome awesome! We didn't check jack in the box since he's from VA and apparently they don't have them there so he wasn't too keen on having a bad new experience. But he's staying at my house from the 19th til the con so i'll break him in XP
But yeah got my i.d. this year so woo for hentai night! XD

Somethingducky

If you like Mexican food I cannot recommend Iguana's enough. My boyfriend and I had two wonderful burritos there and it is definitely worth the extra 5-10 minute walk. The burritos are huge though and the walk back to the con may be a little difficult...

Also shared a giant pizza with a few friends at Pizza My Heart, if you love garlic this is the place to go they put whole roasted cloves on! We finished the whole thing and had a great time.

Haunterluvcookies

I had the best Frozen Yogurt ever! After a couple of hours of ninja battling me and my friends went to Icebee yogurt. It was cheap, had so many flavors and lots of toppings. I love the fruity flavor combined with gummy bears.  ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Gwydion

Once again, Pizza My Heart is wonderful. I'm so annoyed they don't have it up here in the East Bay. Tried the pesto pizza for the first time and it was love at first bite. Yes, greenish pizza but oh so good. Plus it was only about 5 bucks for drink and pizza. Can't beat that.

MidnightPrincess94

i think the best food i had was at the pita pit. it tasted AMAZING!!!!! if you lie subways but wnt a lil more healthy stuff added, thn the pita pit is the way to go!

InsaneChan

THAT SUBWAY. The new Subway they opened right across the street (next to the Saint Claire, and just outside the Marriott exit) was a lifesaver last year. I'm sure they made bank too during the convention; the place always had a line to the door every time we went. We went their every day for lunch, and got a full and healthy meal. I know I could get Subway anytime anywhere, but during the con..somehow it became 10x more delicious, and suddenly seemed 10x more affordable too. We were able to walk back to the con with our sandwiches and sit somewhere for a bit of relaxation, while still being able to enjoy the general con ambiance too.

Love. Life. fANIME.