Artist Info from AA

Started by Logik, June 01, 2011, 01:53:18 AM

Logik

I wanted to try and get some contact info from a couple of the artists from AA for other commissions, so I thought I'd create this thread for anyone else who'd want to do the same. There was an artist who was selling a Hobbes doll from Calvin & Hobbes. I was interested in buying it in the near future. There was another artist that made a picture of GLaDoS and a bird which I bought (will post a pic of it later for clarification). I was wondering if said artist had other Portal or other video game pics and maybe browse through an anime pic selection if there was one. If anyone has contact info I can get on either artist, it would be greatly appreciated.
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

geekyglamorous

I am interested in finding the website (hopefully webshop!) to purchase the Vocaloid scarf I saw many people running around with. It was grey and had Vocaloid characters on it. They were sold out by the time I got a chance to leave my table. D:
☆☆Mandie A.K.A. Geeky Glamorous☆☆
http://www.geekyglamorous.com

Persona

I'm looking for two artists:

One made cute vector zombie prints (name started with Pix...). He/she left Monday but my friend wanted to see if he could exchange his prints for different sizes.

Two had watercolor-styled prints of Terra, Rydia, Princess Serenity, human-form Midna etc and was staffed by a Caucasian male and Asian female(s) for most of the con.

Thanks!

kohana ichibana

I'm looking for the artist that did the gintama "elizabeth plush" >< I knew I should have grabbed it when I had the chance but I was tending to my own table.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Logik

Here's the pic of the previously mentioned Portal art that I purchased (had it framed today):

The artist who did this had other pics with a similar astyle. Again, if anyone has contact info I can get for the artists mentioned in my first post, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the sticky too!
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

chifunii

Quote from: Persona on June 01, 2011, 10:31:49 AM

One made cute vector zombie prints (name started with Pix...). He/she left Monday but my friend wanted to see if he could exchange his prints for different sizes.

Were you perhaps looking for Pixie? I don't know what the zombie prints you're referring to looks like, but if you say "Pix", it's the only one I can come up with.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Persona

Quote from: chifunii on June 01, 2011, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Persona on June 01, 2011, 10:31:49 AM

Were you perhaps looking for Pixie? I don't know what the zombie prints you're referring to looks like, but if you say "Pix", it's the only one I can come up with.

Ah! I found them. It's actually appleyrotten on DA and she was at the Piximix table. Thanks though! =)

Okabun

I'm looking for info on the seller that sold Touhou Bunbunmaru newspaper bags with Aya on the front, and they also sold cool Touhou and Madoka Magica decals. I wanna know if they sell those online, because I have a craving for more decals. Anyone have their business card or something?  ???

catnapcaps

Quote from: Logik on June 01, 2011, 01:53:18 AM
I wanted to try and get some contact info from a couple of the artists from AA for other commissions, so I thought I'd create this thread for anyone else who'd want to do the same. There was an artist who was selling a Hobbes doll from Calvin & Hobbes. I was interested in buying it in the near future. There was another artist that made a picture of GLaDoS and a bird which I bought (will post a pic of it later for clarification). I was wondering if said artist had other Portal or other video game pics and maybe browse through an anime pic selection if there was one. If anyone has contact info I can get on either artist, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure this is the person with the Hobbes doll:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/amiamour?ref=pr_shop

I would link her web page, but my antivirus program flagged something on it as a threat O_o.

Logik

Quote from: catnapcaps on June 08, 2011, 01:28:41 PM
Quote from: Logik on June 01, 2011, 01:53:18 AM

I'm pretty sure this is the person with the Hobbes doll:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/amiamour?ref=pr_shop

I would link her web page, but my antivirus program flagged something on it as a threat O_o.
Holy crap, you're awesome. That's definitely the Hobbes doll artist I was looking for. Thank you!

Still looking for info on the artist that did the Portal pic.

kohana ichibana

Quote from: Okabun on June 07, 2011, 09:23:08 PM
I'm looking for info on the seller that sold Touhou Bunbunmaru newspaper bags with Aya on the front, and they also sold cool Touhou and Madoka Magica decals. I wanna know if they sell those online, because I have a craving for more decals. Anyone have their business card or something?  ???

I'm pretty sure this is what you are looking for:http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/kigaia/259286_1863905770699_1632637851_1805844_1926515_o.jpg

If so, the seller is my friend that I was actually selling next to at Fanime AA. She doesn't go on the fanime forum boards but I know she is starting to sell her stuff online soon. I can ask her.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

idontknow

Some people have already mentioned that AA registration should be combined with the Fanime badge so I'm not even going to mention that. I also agree with updating all the websites. It's unfair to the people that have been hovering over the main website when the link to the AA registration was posted at places that are more "underground."

I do have a suggestion: Can we move the Gaming Room to Exhibit Hall 1 (2011 Artist Alley) and more Artist Alley to Exhibit Hall 2 (2011 Dealers) or 3 (2011 Gaming Room)? I'm leaning more towards Exhibit Hall 2 so that the Gaming Room can be moved to Exhibit Hall 1 (the smallest room) and the Dealers can be moved to Exhibit Hall 3 (the biggest room). I don't see why the Gaming Room needs so much room, no offense :I

idontknow

Quote from: idontknow on June 14, 2011, 07:33:53 PM
Some people have already mentioned that AA registration should be combined with the Fanime badge so I'm not even going to mention that. I also agree with updating all the websites. It's unfair to the people that have been hovering over the main website when the link to the AA registration was posted at places that are more "underground."

I do have a suggestion: Can we move the Gaming Room to Exhibit Hall 1 (2011 Artist Alley) and more Artist Alley to Exhibit Hall 2 (2011 Dealers) or 3 (2011 Gaming Room)? I'm leaning more towards Exhibit Hall 2 so that the Gaming Room can be moved to Exhibit Hall 1 (the smallest room) and the Dealers can be moved to Exhibit Hall 3 (the biggest room). I don't see why the Gaming Room needs so much room, no offense :I

WOW I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED IN THE WRONG FORUM >_<;;; ... can't delete :I

mun-wai

This year the number in products for silicone cream jewelry surged and although i got to talk to a few artists about this, i never really got a straight answer on exactly what kind of silicone they use. I instantly recognize some of them to be made from the famous japanese deco kit, but what about those who just straight up buy the silicone?
Can anyone point me to who the artists are/ how i can contact them? pleeaaase? or a site where i can buy their stuff is good, too. :D

jillyfish

There was an artist in Artist Alley with some really neat handmade pokemon sculptures: whole, happy pokemon, and battered ones. Does anyone know what the name of this artist was, or how to get in contact with her? My address will be changing soon, and I still haven't received my commissions. Thanks!

phr34kish

Does anyone have the contact information for the ladies that were doing the glass etching work at AA? I found her on Facebook, but she has messages turned off, and hasn't responded to any friend requests. And I can't seem to find any other accounts for her. Please and thank you!!

jillyfish

Quote from: jillyfish on July 06, 2011, 01:35:48 AM
There was an artist in Artist Alley with some really neat handmade pokemon sculptures: whole, happy pokemon, and battered ones. Does anyone know what the name of this artist was, or how to get in contact with her? My address will be changing soon, and I still haven't received my commissions. Thanks!

I've just changed my address and I'm still looking for this artist. Does anyone have any info?
Thanks in advance!