AA/Dealers Room/Swap Meet
22 (40%)
Meeting New People
23 (41.8%)
Cosplayers/Cosplaying
27 (49.1%)
Arcade/Video Games/Tabletop
8 (14.5%)
Social Games (Ninja, Cosplay Chess, etc.)
4 (7.3%)
Panels
12 (21.8%)
Fanimaid Cafe
6 (10.9%)
B&W Ball
7 (12.7%)
Masquerade
6 (10.9%)
Rave
7 (12.7%)
Musicfest
9 (16.4%)
Stage Zero
11 (20%)
Hotel Room
7 (12.7%)
Staff (Rovers, Volunteers, etc.)
9 (16.4%)
Fun Elevator Groups
6 (10.9%)
Everything and More!
12 (21.8%)
Other (Please Specify)
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Kupo

Started a yearly thread where I ask others what they dislike about the FanimeCon experience. Might as well start a new thread asking what they like about the Fanime Experience to bring some more positivity to this place!

keiko.

DEFINITELY MusicFest and YOSHIKI. I really regret not listening to Yuya Matsushita more before the convention, because he was amazing live! SO sexy, omg..... and FLOW shocked me at how amazing they are live. They put all their energy into that show, it was incredible. I never thought I'd have the chance to see a band I've been such a huge fan of for years like FLOW... I always thought of them as a band that would stay in Japan and not have much interest in branching out, let alone coming to San Jose!!

And of course, YOSHIKI. I can't describe how amazing it was to meet him. For many of us, it's been a dream to see X JAPAN live, which for some of us we have had the incredible experience, but a step up to see Yoshiki in such an intimate setting was unbelievable. I was disappointed with the way the staff handled some issues with the panel, but overall it's a memory I'll treasure. I hope all 3 guests will return next year, especially FLOW! Not to mention they performed the song that drove me into their music, RYUUSEI. The one song I was dying for and totally not expecting at all. AMAZING! I can't say that enough!

michibeloved

Pretty much everything. Overall I had an amazing time at Fanime.
Seeing Yoshiki defiantly made the entire week. I also had a ton of fun at the B&W Ball, the panels I saw. As well as getting the chance to run Stage Zero.

I can't wait till next year :)

eHash

I'd have to say even though it wasn't great, concession food quality improved from last year.
Stage Zero seemed to take a few less feet of the walkway (those 3 feet make a difference) which allowed for smoother traffic.

Ami noMiko

I spent most of my time in the artist alley, even though I didn't get a table this year.  All the artists were simply a delight to talk to.  Plus, I got some awesome stuff.  ;)

Besides AA, I loved the steampunk panels.  They were lots of fun and very informative.  And made me wish I lived closer to the Bay area.  ^.^;;

Melly

i had a great time at fanime :D it was much better than last years if you ask me D:

seeing all the negative feedback on this years made me wonder if i was missing something.. or something D:..;;

though i mostly had fun meeting new people and hanging out with all my con friends again :D~~~

Kyra_Maverick

This year for me was a blast. Obviously there were a few hiccups, but nothing that really got me down. In fact I loved teasing my friend over her bad luck at picking videos to watch. Everything she watched was a bust for her, either starting late or just not being quite what she expected. She stayed maybe 5 minutes into Bungaku Shojo but left when she started eating the book...

Fanime for me is all about the people. A chance to hang out with friends I don't see as often as I should and just spend a great weekend throwing off my sleep schedule and away from work.

PLUMPKIN

AA/Dealers Room/Swap Meet:  My favorite part of Fanime, as always.  I think it's great that you pulled the badges of people selling at swap meet.  Helped to decongest the pre-reg line somewhat and lessened the stress on sellers.  AA and Dealers Room always have nifty things you can't find elsewhere.  It took some self-control to keep from overspending!

Outside con stuff:  I loved the vertical street banners, promos at local restaurants, and the Fanime themed housing.  The special Fanime hotel room keys were a great addition that seemed to add to the feel of the weekend.  It seemed like Downtown San Jose was transformed into a different world.

B&W Ball:  One of my favorite dances.  I love the class and elegance brought by keeping this exclusively ballroom dancing.  Please don't change this, ever.

The Arrowhead water jugs next to the dance rooms on the Hilton side:  This is seriously the best water I have ever tasted.  The first night, I drank about 8 cups of water.  On subsequent days, I came back frequently with a water bottle to fill up.  I also had water from jugs in the Marriot panel rooms, but it just didn't taste the same.  Go figure.  Bring back the water next year!

pokkypok

MinhNiStah

I am like almost everything at FanimeCon. I'm enjoy hang around the lobby, panel and stuff others does, everyone else surround seen having a good time. Hopefully I can join with a group and meeting more people to  hang out at night time.

otakuya

Thank you! Finally some positive vibes!

As usual, the people rule the convention. Even with no printed pocket schedule, just roaming aimlessly throughout the cc and downtown SJ is already an experience in itself.

Melly

Quote from: Otakuya on June 01, 2011, 11:22:17 PM
Thank you! Finally some positive vibes!

As usual, the people rule the convention. Even with no printed pocket schedule, just roaming aimlessly throughout the cc and downtown SJ is already an experience in itself.

i agree 100% X: a lot of people this year seem to be like SUPER nit-picky about what was wrong with the con D: and i mean i can understand like constructive criticism but most i see is just.. MEAN D:

and i still say the con was great <3

jacktchance

Best part of Fanime is actually going to Fanime.  I love the atmosphere and no amount of negatives will damper my enjoyment of hanging out with fellow nerds.

SOawesomeness

REGISTRATION! WEWT!

Errr, other than that, BWB was pretty fun~
Hentai room! That's always funny. ;D
AWESOME cosplays!
acksonl's youtube videos of Fanime!

Lawls. Because I live in Reg, I didn't really participate too much in any other events.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Mayhem

Quote from: Kupo on June 01, 2011, 04:53:12 AM
Started a yearly thread where I ask others what they dislike about the FanimeCon experience. Might as well start a new thread asking what they like about the Fanime Experience to bring some more positivity to this place!

My favorite part .... The End  ;D.
Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There!

Cowpunk

I had general fun.

It was great to see people from previous years, meet new folks, I always enjoy doing panels and am already planning to do some interesting ones next year.

Oh yes, they gave me a nice surprise at the closing ceremonies. It's sitting next to my TV, if I put it in front of the set it block some of the subtitles.
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

InsaneChan

*☆*゚゜゚*☆*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆Music Fest!*☆*゚゜゚*☆*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

I went last year and saw FLOW, and had a blast. But this year, they really outdid themselves!! They were SO amazing, and I was so happy just seeing how happy they looked on stage! I can't believe how much energy they have (especially Keigo lol! Him and Kohshi were bouncing off everything on stage!). So I'm SUPER happy that whatever Fanime did, they decided to come back again.

Getting Yuya over here also was quite a feat. I saw his performance in the Kuroshitsuji musical, which was fantastic of course, but seeing him perform that choreography for his own music was really something.

I hope Fanime continues to bring over these types of guests, as they really, truly define the con! ヽ(´▽`)/
Love. Life. fANIME.

Mango Bunny

YOSHIKI. x ! MILLION. That made my LIFE.

Also, the masquerade was really fun this year! What was almost more fun was Ric Meyers' fill-in entertainment during the judging. That was hilarious and a whole lot of community fun.

Arrrrrrrgh. YOSHIKI!

AbsolutelyCursed

Echoing the previous two posts, FLOW was awesome. Last year show was awesome but this year they were even better which I couldn't believe was possible. Also, just being in the same room with Yoshiki made my Fanime.