Staff & Rover Appreciation thread

Started by AntiVonn, June 01, 2011, 12:04:29 PM

AntiVonn

The con couldn't happen without these hardworking dedicated individuals.
Shout outs to the folks that worked the Yuya Panel and autograph sessions, the monitors at the Dance (for keeping all of us safe), the rovers working to keep people moving through the concourse and on the stairs, and the entire staff at Stage Zero.   ;D

SquallLHeart

Trung D. Nguyen
Fanime: Autographs Head '11 | Rovers '01-present | Gopher '99-'00
Anime Expo: AxCon '07-'2009
ComicCon: Vol '04-'05

staff/vol. for misc. conventions all around the nation... ranging from 30.. to 130K+ attendees...

monotone

Thank you to all the Rovers who are my second family, for making FanimeCon (and all the looong training meetings leading up to it) the absolute highlight of my year <3 Every. Single. Year <33

Thank you to Registration staff for all your hard work in processing 17,000+ attendee badges.
Thank you Con-Ops for all your hard work throughout con ( and as a Rover... uh... We're sorry about stealing one of your Totoro shrine plushies ^^'' And keeping it as a mascot... )
Thank you to Info Desk for all your patience with attendees demanding schedules.
Thank you Dance Staff and DJ's for being AMAZING as always. The Dance is my favorite event at Con. We love you guys <3 [ Though that empty bottle of Crown Royale I found on the desk by the DJ booth... Makes me wonder, lol. ]
Thank you Logistics for all you do, despite being often forgotten (they're NEVER looking for Logistics, lol.) And ESPECIALLY THANK YOU for parking your truck in front of the protesters and making our job so much easier.
Thank you Volunteers for all the help, especially with those boring jobs of sitting there for four hours and... Uh. Guarding a curtain.
Thank you Artist Alley, Swap Meet and Dealer's Hall staff for satisfying all my shopping needs, lol.
Thank you E-Gaming, Maid Cafe, Stage Zero, Autographs, Panels, B&W Ball, Video Programming, Masquerade, MusicFest, and Tech staff for all your hard work in putting on all the live events that bring so many people to con. [Though I slept through most of them, lol. What I get for working Graveyard shift.]
Thank you EMTs and SJPD for being present at con and keeping us safe.

Am I forgetting anyone? lol. Thank you to all the staff that works behind the scenes and I didn't think to mention!

And finally, THANK YOU attendees. Because despite the complaints, the drunks, the trouble makers, the crowds, and the long hours, YOU GUYS are why I LOVE my job and CANNOT WAIT to come back next year.
Fanime Rovers
Callsign: Zombie

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SOawesomeness

Just wanna give out a shout out to REG STAFF and rovers!
You guys are always awesome (even though some of you can be WORKAHOLICS >:( ) but your hard work and dedication to Reg is what makes it amazing, even if it's working 10 straight hours to make the lines go down. I always enjoy working Reg cos all ya'lls are amazing. :3 Your face is the first representation of staff that a lot of attendees see. First impressions go a long way- thanks for always keeping that in mind. :D

Rovers: thanks for doing line control. I know it can be super hectic and sometimes discouraging dealing with disgruntled people waiting in lines for hours. Thanks for helping us out. Without Rovers, I'm pretty sure it'd be pure chaos. :3
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

heroblade20

Ive heard stories about awful staff, but as far as im concerned that is a myth. All of the staff I met was courteous and did their best to make the droll parts of the con like line waiting as fun as posible. Any time I had questions, all I had to do was turn around there was a staff member who I could ask. Thx for a fun Fanime:D

eHash

From the Dance Dept. we'd like to express our sincere gratitude to the Rovers.  With their help we were able to make the dance a safer place this year with fewer incidents inside and keep the bad elements out.  You guys do so much with the amount of staff you have and the crap you have to deal with.  It's a shame that people don't realize that with such a small staff to watch over 20k+ attendees, sometimes courtesy and politeness needs to take a backseat to promptly securing a situation and ensuring the safety for the masses.

Tiger and Ari you always make the dance a wonderful place to be!

ewu

Rovers - Everywhere I saw you, you were upbeat and professional. From the reg line, to Musicfest. I get around con and saw how awesome you all were, and this is all notwithstanding how overworked you all were. Thanks a million.

Other staffers...you all kicked ass. Reg staff was a registering machine:) Our family is giant, but still close. Thanks all for being so awesome!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

eHash

hey i'm going to be the first to say this to the embattled pubs dept: You guys did a great job on the program and the fact that so much was behind (including the final schedule) you still got a lot done.

To the dance staff: you did great! you helped convert mel and my vision into a reality for this year.
we couldn't have done it without facilities, the rovers, print, web, volunteers.. you all helped us out! :)

and not to mention EWu, I've bugged and still bugging you for pushpins, you da man!

Inai

The rovers this year made my first year having costumes with prop guns very positive. I constantly asked questions on the board about what was ok and always received an answer. Day of the con my questions paid off and my props were peace bonded just fine and the rules were explained to me in detail since I mentioned it was my first time doing this. There was just one hiccup during the con when a rover asked to see my gun in the dealer's room. Not knowing what was going on (my first time and all) I handed it over and she saw it was very toy like and was ok with the guidelines. She asked me to get it peace bonded and I pointed out the zip tie on it from being peace bonded earlier. She apologized for not noticing it initially and granted I can't blame her because the zip tie was right at the orange tip and the same color. She was really nice about the mix up and told me to enjoy the con.

Konekogami

Well, this was my first year getting a prop peace bonded, and the person who did it made it a rather enjoyable experience for me.

Also, many thanks to the staff member who asked if I was alright during the Black and White Ball.

Sen

Rovers I felt Rovers did an excellent job with the Registration line on Day Zero. It was not an easy task at all.

Artist Alley, Art Gallery, Swap Meet, Dealers, Registration, Arcade, Charity Auction, Prizes Thank you all for making Fan Services division what it is. I would not be able to do what I do without you!

Musicfest Thanks for another great year with awesome musical guests. I had tons of fun at the concert. Waiting in the cold in line to get in was worth it!

Ewu, Ska_kitti Thanks you two for being my seconds this year. It's hard to be in more than one place at once and you two covered places I couldn't be at. And also for reminding me to do things as I became more forgetful once Con approached. Hahahaha. <3
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Kanzake

im actually surprised at the people who appreciate rovers. I had a talk with some people smoking cigerettes on the balcony outside of dance and they were definately appreciative. Go team :D
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

thebrain2u

Thank you registration staff for working super hard. We had it pretty insane the first few days this year and I'm proud to say the people down in registration pushed through. Always a pleasure working with them.

And a shoutout to Rovers manning the lines for at-con registration. The Rovers were definitely an integral part and helped out tons, kudos to you all.

AngelWings

This con was/is amazing due to the hard work and effort of so many people. Thank you everyone that worked this con you made my weekend amazing. From standing in the pre-reg line chatting with rovers to the suprisingly swift guy that almost forgot to give me my bag with my badge to the nice guy and gal that helped introduce me to vols thank you. Thank you info desk people that I kept checking about schedules with I know that must have been frustrating and thank you to the staff members I saw standing in front of those misguided fools that protest this con every year (I would give every single one of you my thanks.) I particularly appreciate my boss at the art show for making volunteering a positive experience and every single person I id'd (there were a lot of you) for being so accommodating about it! Thank you to everyone that made all the events huge and small possible. You guys are incredible! (and if I could bribe you about who you tried to get next con I would!) Thank you all at every level of every department for this year's Fanime!

felexis12

I would like to express my gratitude to all of the rovers and the staff involved in this years fanimecon. Everyone did a great job and know that all of your work and dedication is greatly appreciate by us fans. I would want to thank a specific person for helping make my fanimecon 2011 experience a fantastic one.

I would like to thank Chris, he is one of the people that makes Music fest happen, for being the great host that he was throughout the con. I loved the energy that he showed during the music fest concert, i was front row center, and throughout the concert he was cheering with the audience! It was funny because during the FLOW concert my friend started spinning her her lanyard and he told her to put it down since she could hit someone!  :D His sense of humor and approachability made him an outstanding host. Overall, superb job! Please continue the outstanding work in the future years to come! Thank you very much for making everyone's experience an enjoyable one! And of course thank you for bringing FLOW! We hope that we get to see them in the future!

Once again outstanding job to everyone and continue to bring us the amazing work you have shown us! :D

apsykes

Thanks to:
the logistics staff (i know how all ya feel!)
reg staff (Fastest 10K reg i've ever seen on thursday)
Rovers (better this year!)
I TALK LIKE A TOYOTA, I DON'T WANNA STOP!

chifunii

Quote from: felexis12 on June 03, 2011, 08:57:49 PM
I would like to express my gratitude to all of the rovers and the staff involved in this years fanimecon. Everyone did a great job and know that all of your work and dedication is greatly appreciate by us fans. I would want to thank a specific person for helping make my fanimecon 2011 experience a fantastic one.

I would like to thank Chris, he is one of the people that makes Music fest happen, for being the great host that he was throughout the con. I loved the energy that he showed during the music fest concert, i was front row center, and throughout the concert he was cheering with the audience! It was funny because during the FLOW concert my friend started spinning her her lanyard and he told her to put it down since she could hit someone!  :D His sense of humor and approachability made him an outstanding host. Overall, superb job! Please continue the outstanding work in the future years to come! Thank you very much for making everyone's experience an enjoyable one! And of course thank you for bringing FLOW! We hope that we get to see them in the future!

Once again outstanding job to everyone and continue to bring us the amazing work you have shown us! :D

^Thiiis.

And also to the really nice rover watching the front of the line for MusicFest on Saturday, thank you! You're a chill guy. 8D Thanks for taking a picture of me and my friends--we really appreciate it!

And just as a little "hahaha" moment...
There was somebody standing in front of the Autograph schedule board for ten minutes trying to find out which way the directional arrow should point to lead to the end of the autograph line faster. Thanks for your hard work as well, especially with the heavy traffic!
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

short_storiesgl

Quote from: eHash on June 01, 2011, 08:31:21 PM
From the Dance Dept. we'd like to express our sincere gratitude to the Rovers.  With their help we were able to make the dance a safer place this year with fewer incidents inside and keep the bad elements out.  You guys do so much with the amount of staff you have and the crap you have to deal with.  It's a shame that people don't realize that with such a small staff to watch over 20k+ attendees, sometimes courtesy and politeness needs to take a backseat to promptly securing a situation and ensuring the safety for the masses.

Tiger and Ari you always make the dance a wonderful place to be!

Well Thank you! :D
Dance Staff Second