Fanime 2012 Band!

Started by Hoshichips, June 02, 2011, 02:13:09 AM

Hoshichips

another thread had the idea of us fanime musicians getting together to play some beautiful music.
i saw some people jamming at night again this year but unfortunately i didnt bring my guitar haha.
so im really wanting to start up a band of some fanime attendees to play in 2012!  ;D
we could play all kinds of anime related covers from Detroit Metal City to K-on! lol
I guess the only requirement would be that you have decent gear and can play the songs with no issues.
The band can be as big as it needs to be so im very open to having all kinds of instruments.

i live in the south bay (mountain view) so the closer to san jose area the better
I guess ill add more details if anyone is even interested in this at all haha.
who knows maybe if were good enough fanime will let us play at the civic auditorium  :D

.::midnight.maiden::.

All I can play is some piano/keyboard, a little recorder, flute, and bassoon (band geek ftw). =.=; I want to pick up ocarina and guitar and drum set/percussion :/
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

virilevocalist

I'm mainly a vocalist. I like studying different vocal styles. Clean singing, various types of metal vocals, mongolian/tuvan throat singing, experimental jazz noise.

But I also play blues harmonica and some acoustic guitar.... and also the most noble of instruments, the triangle, HAHAHAHA.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Hoshichips

well there we go :D
we got vocals, wind instruments, guitars, and a triangle  ;D

.::midnight.maiden::.

I could provide my own vocals...I think I have a decent voice but I need some vocal training ^^;
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Hoshichips

well if you guys ever want to get together to play some songs just pm me or something  ;D

Bananarama

I just noticed this thread a while ago and thought this sounded like a fun idea. I'm primarily play drums and bass, but I can play guitar if needed. It would be awesome if we did DMC covers because that's one of my favorite anime series.

Hoshichips

that would be amazing bananarama :D we could really use some drums.
I would love to do some dmc covers, so far i only know how to play satsugai. I happen to play alot of metal music  ;D