There should be a Ninja Slap Tournament or a referee at least

Started by Snow Caps, June 02, 2011, 12:50:33 PM

Snow Caps

I had a lot of funny playing ninja slap with people in game room at fanime 2011. If anyone can remember who I am, I was the game in the black Haruhi shirt, gray pants and orange shoes who dove alot to get someone. There were alot of people playing, but the problem that I saw was the lack of rules it had, not that I mind being sat on by 2 people and having my shoulder blades disable, but the real problem I saw was the lack of late game orders. It is hard to remember who goes next, it was the same problem again and again, it slowed down the game very much and prevented lots of cool counter attacks. So what I was thinking is that we can have a ninja tournament and hand out prizes to the winner. Or to the very least have a system to remember what the order people are in to prevent games from slowing down.
I eat kim chi, and I know a lot about Men and Women. CHOU HENSHIN

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

animefreak

You guys ready for another action packed filled game of Ninja this year in the Game Room!!!! Cuz im gonna pown all you guys with my supa ninja powers!!!!

P.S. May the best NINJA win!!!

DJ_Reverb

As the guy who was teaching how to play ninja to the new players, (I had a dealers badge and played from a chair at one point) they seem to have not liked the whole "take only one step rule" and did stupid things like taking 3 or 5 steps in a turn.

I'll be a ref if I'm not working next year although I had fun with the group that played for 4-6 hours.

Also Erich if you're reading this, I am waiting to join the fanime ninja group :p

Rhornez

Quote from: DJ_Reverb on May 29, 2012, 08:33:28 PM
As the guy who was teaching how to play ninja to the new players, (I had a dealers badge and played from a chair at one point) they seem to have not liked the whole "take only one step rule" and did stupid things like taking 3 or 5 steps in a turn.

I'll be a ref if I'm not working next year although I had fun with the group that played for 4-6 hours.

Also Erich if you're reading this, I am waiting to join the fanime ninja group :p
when it started back in what, 2009 ? 2010? there were so many people playing it but now, it has declined cause people dont know how to play or listen to rules :l

Akita

xxxplizit>
confused...  why does this go to the Events page, when it was never an official event, and a mere suggestion as to what players want to do next year?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Akita on May 29, 2012, 09:18:22 PM
xxxplizit>
confused...  why does this go to the Events page, when it was never an official event, and a mere suggestion as to what players want to do next year?

Posting here would alert the Social Gaming head for anything that isn't Video Games, Tabletop, nor Arcade.  Yes there is an actual department that handles such, including Cosplay Chess.   :D
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

JTchinoy

Quote from: Rhornez on May 29, 2012, 08:55:06 PM

when it started back in what, 2009 ? 2010? there were so many people playing it but now, it has declined cause people dont know how to play or listen to rules :l
In case you need reference on the rules and how it used to be played in 2009, here's us when we first brought it to Fanime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCXZwe2pks8

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

DJ_Reverb

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 31, 2012, 10:37:02 AM

In case you need reference on the rules and how it used to be played in 2009, here's us when we first brought it to Fanime:

I know the rules and played how it was supposed to be played, its the fact that people break the rules on their own that I can't control. In the end, even though I told them all the rules in detail they still break them. I'll type up a rule list for next year and make em read it so I don't need to re-explain everything 5 times a night.

JTchinoy

If the entire group respects you, they'll let you call them out and maintain order. :)

I thought this 1 game was going well this year, until I saw a Michael Jackson spin and a hop THEN slap.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Yuu

I understand where your coming from but it's a slippery slope.

It will go from 'game management' to rule/safety Nazi's =no fun fun or even games at all. Trust me, it isn't worth it.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

JTchinoy

At the time, our view was keeping to the rules avoided the slippery slope.

The game's very different from back then in terms of the gray area of "1 move" and asking people to go back to the old style may make the game seem dull in comparison.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

DJ_Reverb

Quote from: JTchinoy on June 01, 2012, 04:27:40 PM
At the time, our view was keeping to the rules avoided the slippery slope.

The game's very different from back then in terms of the gray area of "1 move" and asking people to go back to the old style may make the game seem dull in comparison.

I understand. I did do somethings to make it challenging though (play wearing handcuffs) but the fact that games went on forever and that they forgot who goes next...

Darkstride

I really like the idea of tournaments. you can even have a tournament happen at once per day while other games are just going on themselves, keeping major rules to that tournament and less nazish on the single games
Beep zoop deet

My costumes for 2013
Mecha Lincoln and Quote [cave story guy]

FANIME 2012 Pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4133348450008.2172368.1172432936&type=1

DJ_Reverb

Quote from: Darkstride on June 01, 2012, 09:08:55 PM
I really like the idea of tournaments. you can even have a tournament happen at once per day while other games are just going on themselves, keeping major rules to that tournament and less nazish on the single games

A good idea. Just a tourney to see who is superior, fun or for a prize?

JTchinoy

Fanime does not condemn nor condone Ninja tournaments.  :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rhornez

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 31, 2012, 10:37:02 AM

i miss those days, and i miss the pikachu bro

flameroad123

The should be World Ninja Tournament for next years fanime. With title handband like Afro Samurai.